Imperial Anti-Starfighter Tactics?

25 replies to this topic

#21 feld

feld

title available

• Project Team
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

Range should apply. I guess if the MC-80 is a little farther away, its out of range of some of the ISD's guns?

That's my guess. I tend to drive the ISD's up close and I've found that you need to before you get the full Impy goodness of 120 light TLs.
r/
feld

And when I play, I'm never in that knifefighting range (nor will I be, after hearing that...). Now it all makes sense!

Definitely take an ISD out for a spin and get it close though. TECTORs are worse!
Lotsa fun!

#22 coinich

coinich

title available

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

Range should apply. I guess if the MC-80 is a little farther away, its out of range of some of the ISD's guns?

That's my guess. I tend to drive the ISD's up close and I've found that you need to before you get the full Impy goodness of 120 light TLs.
r/
feld

And when I play, I'm never in that knifefighting range (nor will I be, after hearing that...). Now it all makes sense!

Definitely take an ISD out for a spin and get it close though. TECTORs are worse!
Lotsa fun!

Its been a while (hopefully I'll start again after 1.1) but I certainly remember the Tectors, and their 8 octuple-canons of doom. The rocket launchers were sweet too. I might try as Rebels and see what other weapons suddenly turn on!

#23 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:45 AM

You really should try Lancer MkVI against frigates and cruisers. Their damage output is quite substantial.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#24 coinich

coinich

title available

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

You really should try Lancer MkVI against frigates and cruisers. Their damage output is quite substantial.

Heh, part of me still wants a Bothan Assault Cruiser and the Ranger Class gunship.

Edited by coinich, 18 December 2008 - 03:00 PM.

#25 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:47 AM

Do we even know what a Ranger looks like?

#26 Markus

Markus
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:13 AM

I don't think there are any cannon pics for the ranger, at least not that I've heard of.

My favorite tactic is spamming tho. With the way the AI likes to drop tons of dreadnought classes (SSD's, Praetors, Bulwarks and the like), I usually end up not using 'em at all. My killer fleets are usually 25-50 skiprays and 25-50 gamma shuttles. As long as I keep an eye on the lancers and Dreadnought cruisers, I've got them whipped every time. Not to mention I very much appreciate not having to deal with the massive turbolaser complements of the Executor (when I play rebel, at least) :D.

Edited by Markus, 19 December 2008 - 03:15 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users