Photo

At last we can reveal ourselves to the Galaxy…

103 replies to this topic

#101 turbotails23

turbotails23
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

Personally, I found AoTC to be the worst for me, followed by TPM. It was just missing alot of stuff. The normal detail/wear/tear put on stuff was missing, everything was so stupidly shiny. Like that repulsor cart on Geonosis, it looked like it was just polished. I am not all about graphics, but sometimes, when your expect something, and its not there, it really gives a negative feel....

That, and I couldn't stand the romance, felt more like a chick flick....Till the jedi started falling from the skies like flies.....lol

#102 Guest_StarWars_*

Guest_StarWars_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

That, and I couldn't stand the romance, felt more like a chick flick....Till the jedi started falling from the skies like flies.....lol

The whole point of the movie was for the romance, it was suppose to help Anakin fall and show why he fell etc. I personally think the worse is ROTS, there was some bad acting there :D

#103 Kaleb Graff

Kaleb Graff

title available

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

I must admit I really can't join you in your attacks on TPM, as I actually liked it when I first saw it. Then again, I was all of 6, and I didn't become a real Star Wars fan until about 2003.

Heh, if you were 6, then you don't remember what it was like before the prequels.

I had seen the trilogy before, but I didn't really get the difference until recently. Sometimes I feel I was born too late into Star Wars.

Yeah. It was pretty good. Good movies, and good books, especially the Thrawn trilogy. Thrawn is a lot of people's favorite character, and especially since Outbound Flight was published, one of the few good things to come out of the Old Republic. Then again, it has Thrawn, so it would be hard for it to be a bad book.

I'm a huge fan of Timothy Zahn, actually of all his books (including non-Star Wars) He's an amazing author. And I do agree that Outbound Flight is the best of the Old Republic.

#104 anakinskysolo

anakinskysolo

Phoenix Rising Fan

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

I would like to recommend a book to all of you: Star Wars On Trial. I don't know if you've heard of it before, but its really an amazing book were all these subjects here are discussed very deeply. A lot of SW EU authors participated in it, defending SW, like Karen Traviss, Krystin Kathrin Rusch, as witnesses for the Defense and Matthew Stover, who is the Defense's Attorney. Other famous SF writers are involved too. A lot of interesting theories on what Star Wars really is appear on it. Almost everything that is related to SW is covered by the book, from the themes presented on SW to the impact the novels had had on society. It is really worth a read, and maybe even more than just one. Amazon link

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users