Photo

The site is LIVE

80 replies to this topic

#21 cromy

cromy
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

As far as your problem griffon all i can say is it takes me around 5 or so minutes if not more to load the menu just give it time, i suggest you take up a second task while you load up pr v1.1 untill some of the modders here can figure it out and stream line the process, me personal have taken to writign ona note pad a series of rp's for a forum i've been neglecting. however if it starts to take you longer than 10 minutes to load to minute then you might have a problem maybe try redownloading or reinstalling foc, though i'd wait for someone who has more experience on the matter to give you a determinative answer.
Posted Image

#22 coinich

coinich

title available

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:26 PM

PR 1.1 won't let me space skirmish. There are no space maps.

Edited by coinich, 24 December 2008 - 03:27 PM.

#23 Fox83

Fox83
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:28 PM

Try using custom maps :grin:

#24 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:38 PM

Try Yodins maps they are some of the best I have seen.
Oh and just finish DL cannot wait to test this thing to it's limits (or till my comp explodes)
"Just once, I'd like to destroy a starship that we didn't pay for!"
"Welcome to the jolly old death star."
"Vader gets the plesure of killing someone while we get to stay among the living. Private Perkins overhere has been stranged over 30 times haven't you Perkins." "Good man."

#25 coinich

coinich

title available

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

Try using custom maps :grin:

Drat, I thought of that, but forgot!

#26 Valter

Valter
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

Yes there are. Check under custom maps and you will find the list.

I've had a chance to play the mod (both skirmish and galactic conquest [inner rim]) and I must say, excellent job. The beginning phase in galactic conquest does leave me few options though; with such powerful space defenses around every planet, the only way I've been able to conquer worlds is by raiding them (thereby destroying all space structures). I hate to gripe, but the pirate worlds seem to have excessive space defenses.
On a side note, the ground unit firing ranges and stats appear to be rather....random. Anti-vehicle turrets are practically able to fire from one corner of the map to the other. AT-ST's can move almost as fast as speeder bikes as well.

But on a positive note, I thoroughly enjoy skirmish mode -- the sides are surprisingly well balanced as well. I also like the fact that turbolasers are far more powerful now; while playing skirmish, I noticed that one victory star destroyer was able to eviscerate 3 corvettes, 1 Valiant cruiser, and a dreadnaught cruiser in a little under a minute. Cruisers now seem far less vulnerable to fighters as well; imagine my surprise when a Valiant cruiser was able to wipe out a squadron of Tie Avengers with only a few missiles (splash damage took out 3 to 4 fighters with a single missile); this forced me to coordinate my attacks instead of merely grouping my units together and sending them to attack in a wave. In other words, space battles are far more dynamic now.

Thankyou for putting so much effort into this mod, it truly is fantastic.

Edited by Valter, 24 December 2008 - 06:10 PM.

#27 feld

feld

title available

• Project Team
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

Valter,

Request you post your computer's stats. You're one of the first people I've seen who's reported smooth play.

r/
feld

#28 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

Oh my I just got an exception.

Exception code EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Attempt to read from address 000000F8

exception occurred at 008E492F - Unknown code pointer

Right now I am looking in the code for a problem but that could take forever.

Edited by TheEmpire, 24 December 2008 - 04:12 PM.

"Vader gets the plesure of killing someone while we get to stay among the living. Private Perkins overhere has been stranged over 30 times haven't you Perkins." "Good man."

#29 Badwolfwho

Badwolfwho
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

Should I extract it to the Phoenix Rising Space folder or to the Empire at War mods folder?

#30 feld

feld

title available

• Project Team
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

ALLCON,

I put an Unofficial v1.1 Bug Tracking Thread over in the bug forum. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

r/
feld

#31 coinich

coinich

title available

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

To be fair, I've had little lag either. Outer Rim loaded in 3 minutes, the intro movie never lagged, and skirmish had no problems whatsoever, beyond now having two versions of maps. Considering I had none before, I'm not complaining.

#32 EduardPais

EduardPais
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

GC is really slow. Even the 37 planet GC is extremely slow. Concerning projectiles, I like the old ones better. In this version most projectiles are white with a tint of green. The venators' turbolasesrs fired blue projectiles, not white-greenish ones. Another thing that really bugs me are the starbases. I prefer the vanilla starbase system better. It's simple and strait to the point. (I have nothing against the skirmish starbases, I'm talking strictly about GC here). However, I like what has been done with the pirate asteroid starbase.
I think it would've been much better if you've just added the new planets, the pirate asteroid starbase' levels, removed that nasty code and left the rest just as it was, no new tech tree, no extremely fast moving at-st and so on. Those lines that show how much units can an at-at transport, look totally weird.
v1.0 was perfect, if the game didn't became stuck at some point, while playing GCs (I think that code was behind that). Cheers people! :grin:

#33 Theempirewins

Theempirewins
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

Considering this PC :

Intel Core2duo 6700 at 3.4 Ghz
HD WD Velociraptor 10.000 rpm
8 Gb fast memory
videocard 8800 Ultra
Windows xp sp2

I can play ONLY skirmish games at an 'normal' speed level, tried to load GC Inner Rim, GC Lite etc..takes MINUTES to load
and then playing these GC's is for me impossible.the credits are almost 'falling' down like seconds on a digital watch :grin:

This is a huge dispapointment, but no fear, i will do a fresh install of my entire PC + EAW/FOC and then i report back here.

If at that time the speed is not better, i regret to say that there is something inside the code that is making this LAG worser than ever...

So, hopefully you guys have something to use on my feedback here, ill report back asap with my new installed Windows config.

Best to you all ! :mad2:

#34 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

Try Shadow Hand. That's running smooth for me.
Theempirewins, I want your computer.

Also, land is not complete.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#35 aster

aster
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

skirmish great, but some ship have so high ROF.

#36 Darth Nal

Darth Nal
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hi, wanted to say thanks to P.R and the team for giving us all a very nice christmas present.
Ok well i have played the new version and i like it alot, i started by running skirmish mode and i have to say its fantastic, no lag and the new station system makes it much easier to find all the units and no more drop offs! So now i can actually get that dominator star destroyer !(yay)
GC has major lag for me on all campaigns but i put that down to running it on my laptop :grin:
The only points i would bring up is the duplicate maps in skirmish mode confused me (im easily confused....) and the A.I in skirmish mode doesn't seem to want to upgrade stations but it works apart from that!
All in all a great piece of work!
Happy Christmas all!

#37 coinich

coinich

title available

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hi, wanted to say thanks to P.R and the team for giving us all a very nice christmas present.
Ok well i have played the new version and i like it alot, i started by running skirmish mode and i have to say its fantastic, no lag and the new station system makes it much easier to find all the units and no more drop offs! So now i can actually get that dominator star destroyer !(yay)
GC has major lag for me on all campaigns but i put that down to running it on my laptop :grin:
The only points i would bring up is the duplicate maps in skirmish mode confused me (im easily confused....) and the A.I in skirmish mode doesn't seem to want to upgrade stations but it works apart from that!
Happy Christmas all!

Odd, mine kept upgrading, and nearly annoyed me. The whole capturable structure still being fired at bug still seems there, though.

#38 TheEmpire

TheEmpire

Privite Perkins

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

I am sorry to say that this has more bugs then 1.0, it is now crashing regually on skrimish! really this is just annoying.

#39 Valter

Valter
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

Valter,

Request you post your computer's stats. You're one of the first people I've seen who's reported smooth play.

r/
feld

Well, I would hardly call the game performance "smooth," bearable is more appropriate. Besides, my computer's specs arn't particularly impressive.

AMD Athlon 64 processor
3700+ 2.20 GHz, 1.0 GB of RAM
My graphics card is a RADEON X800 series.

At this point, I would say skirmish is the truly "complete" feature of this mod; to elaborate, I don't see anything in skirmish that needs any immediate attention. Galactic conquest, however, is a bit too..."cluttered" I think. I can think of only 2 suggestions for galactic conquest so far: (1) change a few pirate planets to neutral to help jump-start the economy early on, and (2) shorten the length of the galactic day (credits run out too quickly I think). Substituting a few cluttered planets with neutral planets will also help with the loading time as well.

By the way Phoenix, you mentioned something about 2 more news updates.... :grin:

Edited by Valter, 24 December 2008 - 06:12 PM.

#40 Darth Nal

Darth Nal
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

GC has major lag for me on all campaigns but i put that down to running it on my laptop :p
Happy Christmas all!

Odd, mine kept upgrading, and nearly annoyed me. The whole capturable structure still being fired at bug still seems there, though.

Hmmm how odd, the A.I will build the first level ships but it never upgrades even on hard.. :grin: I will check the folder i put the mod in!!
Yes thats particually annoying when half your fire power is directed at it leaving those pesky dreadnaughts sitting next to it untouched... :mad2:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users