• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

Is there gonna be a new update soon? I think these are some of the changes...

-Calm Mind Device Removed
-Robot Tank back removing the Defender I believe
-Armadillo APC replaces Focus Tank as Iraqi Special
-New Gates for Soviet and Yuri
-Grizzly has "It's laser point system allows Grizzly to hit targets directly." Does this mean it instantly hits the Target?
-Apoc bug fixed I think according to Speeder
-Epsilon Academy Added with linked Choas Spear and Injection Abilities
-New Power Turbine for Allies
-New Psicorps Special: The Gaia Platform

If there are any I didn't get please point them out, or if this is too much of a spoiler feel free to delete the topic.

P.S. It'd be nice to see some more missions, they're one of my favorite feature in MO ;)

Edited by Darkstorm, 06 April 2009 - 12:37 AM.

#2 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

Everything you've spotted is correct except for Trike getting new image, it uses the current one since 2.0b I think. ;)

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  Just someone uninportant

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

aw, speeder, damn you were ahead of me DD:

but yes, there will be a next version
and speeder, did you already fix that ACC bug? XD

#4 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

Yup, it's fixed.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#5 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

Na it looks to me like it has a darker yuri scheme cockpit, cuz the one now has a bright one like the Mastermind's Dome. Of course this could just be my imagination.

EDIT: Yeah you're right, it is just a shadow on the cockpit area, but I can now see that the cockpit's true color hasn't changed. Updated List.

Edited by Darkstorm, 21 March 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#6 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Sorry for Double post but this is not related to my other post, it's about Allied. One thing I don't get is Allies having Battleship and Aircraft carrier, they are both seige type ships, maybe you should make one a country's unique unit but not special kind of like the Slave Miner. This other one just mostly relates to Multiplayer but maybe the Supply trucks should be avaliable for all the countries, mainly since I see very few Police stations on the bigger maps, but I haven't really played to many of the smaller ones.

#7 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

I am working on making ACC their precision strike siege ship while Battleship will remain as heavy naval hitter (some kind of naval Apocalypse) WITH capabilities to attack land, although on smaller scale than ACC.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#8 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

Cool, btw I noticed that Allied Mission 3's Terrain Layout resembles that of the Nod Mission in TS "Sheep's Clothing" where you have to trick the mutants with GDI Technology into thinking GDI is their enemy, similarly with the MP map "Innervision" bares a resemblance to the TS MP map "Night of the Mutants" (I think that's the name)

Oh and btw whenever I order a repair IFV to repair something it has the Chrono Leg's voice (this may be because of the Chrono leg's IFV transformation if you changed it so its "special attack" voice is that of the Chrono Leg it might be that repairing might use the same "special attack" voice) and also there is a small typo in the string files for the skirmish menu, whenever you hold over Greeks to see their special stuff it says "The Greek can build..." shouldn't it be "The Greeks can build..." like "The Germans" (which actully says "Germans can build.." not "The Germans can build" but this typo and the Greek one are not that important so if you're lazy... yeah..)

Edited by Darkstorm, 22 March 2009 - 10:27 PM.

#9 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Cool, btw I noticed that Allied Mission 3's Terrain Layout resembles that of the Nod Mission in TS "Sheep's Clothing" where you have to trick the mutants with GDI Technology into thinking GDI is their enemy, similarly with the MP map "Innervision" bares a resemblance to the TS MP map "Night of the Mutants" (I think that's the name)

there are WAY more maps, I can assure you that

#10 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

Which resemble TS terrains? Of course there are.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#11 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

I think he meant certain maps like Forest Fires and so

how did you get those actually speeder? o.o

#12 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

Well I was curious did you use some sort of converting tool or something like that or remade them from scratch, because if so they are almost if not perfect. Back on topic I can see you want to keep to Robot Tank specs secret, but I see they are going to be made to be Anti-Infantry, as well as cloak/disguise detection like the Defender. I wanted to ask about the missions, are the Robot Tanks going to make a come back or are they gonna be the same, or are you going to make it more variable since in some missions you might need a few grizzlies for their anti-armor capability and other times just the mind control immunity?

#13 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

TS maps work with Ra2 (except for the terrain which doesnt exist, like Fonas, Mold, Veinholes etc).

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

I wanted to ask about the missions, are the Robot Tanks going to make a come back or are they gonna be the same, or are you going to make it more variable since in some missions you might need a few grizzlies for their anti-armor capability and other times just the mind control immunity?

Robot tanks will return, and grizzlies will lose mind control immunity

there got some answering on ze stuff? xD

and and
I really want more missions aswell :/

#15 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:35 AM

I realized that but I was more refering to the mission since if you are observant robot tanks will be for Anti-Infantry and since before when they were in missions they were anti-tank I was asking about how Speeder intends to have the mission since you might need mind-control immunity and Anti-Tank and how he intends to work it out.

EDIT: I also heard that the Salvage Disk is getting removed, any reason? Is there going to be a replacement?

Edited by Darkstorm, 26 March 2009 - 10:23 PM.

#16 Dark_Hunter808

Dark_Hunter808

Helghan Sniper Recon

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:Drawing my own line of anime
  •  RTS Tactician...

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

Whoa...I've been away from MO again. Gotta get this download again
Posted Image

"So In War, The Way Is To Avoid What Is Strong And To Strike At What Is Weak."

~ Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

#17 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:14 AM

Yes, Salvage Disc is getting removed. For a long time I couldn't help but think that combination of Grinder and Salvage Disc with some of Yuri's units is just too much. Repair unit is not what Yuri should have.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#18 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:57 AM

Yeah... Yuri's original style was "I could care less for you worthless scum of units, go onto that little platform and get ground up by the grinding wheels "cough* I mean you'll get some candy." so it makes sense to get rid of it, any plans on new game modes? new missions? more enhanced graphics on current units?

#19 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

New game modes no, new missions no, enhanced graphics I don't know but there will be at least two more units with general overhaul.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#20 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:40 PM

Played a skirmish today and one graphic I'd suggest changing is the Repair Drone landed dropship (sentry turret base)... doesnt look good and doesnt even make sense condsidering the Drone is the dropship itself on the way down.

1) Remove the landed dropship and just have it disappear. The Repair Drone will then land and appear one cell to the right, but would look better IMO than a black square object appearing from nowhere (plus its obviously the Sentry base).

2) Change the falling dropship image to something like a small space shuttle, which then lands and the Repair Drone comes out.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users