Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

That's very cool. I'll have to test it out at some point. Do you know if anything there is BFME2 specific? IGNORE_PARALYZE_NUGGET for example might be onse such command, as I don't think there's such a nugget in BFME1.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#122 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:10 AM

I posted up a list of the enums a while back.
I'll have to have a look.

Found the linkness

Edited by Radspakr, 30 December 2009 - 08:13 AM.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#123 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

New infuriating problem:

I've run into an issue with buffs (leadership, various effects) being replaced by others. This isn't a simple "two overlapping buffs interact and replace each other" issue.

What happens is as follows: I play a game as normal, and build a number of units, etc. Leadership and the like display as normal. However, eventually I hit a point (seems to be random, but who knows?) where new buffs won't be drawn. New here means ones that I haven't seen before in the game. These buffs all get replaced by one of the "old" buffs (already been drawn). So, i use a power which has a buff involved, and instead of that, something random appears, like a leadership buff. From this point forward, ALL new buffs will look like this one. Old buffs will be ok.

Note that this also affects enemies - I've seen the AI's leadership buffs replaced by whichever is being used too.

I haven't the slightest clue as to what's going on. The most logical thing would seem to be a buff limit, but buffs are just objects with a specific kindof. Nothing special...

-edit: New info:

-The point at which replacement begins is approximately 12 buffs into the game
-The buff that is used to replace subsequent new buffs is the same as the FIRST buff used in the game

Edited by Nertea, 01 February 2010 - 10:28 PM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#124 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:37 AM

Very strange... do the actual leadership effects work though? Have you tried different graphic settings just to see if the number of buffs changes?

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#125 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

The various spells' effects seem to work just fine, and graphic detail doesn't change anything.

sig.png

#126 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

New question! I'm coding a structure that is supposed to spawn a unit, then replace it at a regular interval up to a max if it dies. The issue is that the code doesn't seem to work right.

Behavior = SpawnBehavior ModuleTag_SpawnFighters
	SpawnNumber			= 3
	InitialBurst			= 1
	SpawnTemplateName		= MordorTestBeast
	SpawnReplaceDelay		= 80000
End

I would think that this means that we should spawn one unit at first, then every 80000 mscs spawn another one, up to a max of 3. However, this actually results in all 3 spawning at once. Anyone have any experience with this? Or suggestions on how to accomplish the same effect?

sig.png

#127 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

So... kind of like creeps? They are built all at once, then replace over time if they die...

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#128 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

That's what happens with the code above, and it's what I don't want. They should be spawned one at a time (which is what I'd think that initialburst should mean - set it to 1, and only 1 spawns initially), and then replaced like creeps.

sig.png

#129 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

Sounds to my like the line InitialBurst = 1 is broken.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#130 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

New mysterious problem:

I've been fiddling about with treating a horde object as a hero with some success. I worked out all the bugs except one, which I've never seen before. Basically, the horde exits the citadel and then sits there, unselectable. It doesn't proceed to the rally point or anything. However, if you build another hero from the citadel, the horde unfreezes and works as normal. It appears that they're acting like all members of the horde haven't finished exiting yet and are holding before going under player control.

I tried to get around this by making the citadel constantly spawn dummy units every second or so, which I thought might force the horde to think a hero had been built and therefore unfreeze. This didn't have any effect, on further research another hero has to be built (tested by sticking a unit built button on the citadel and building units vs. heroes). Ideas, anyone? I will continue trying to solve it.

Edited by Nertea, 10 August 2010 - 08:07 PM.

sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users