#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

(Posts like these are a new system of displaying stuff for future beta versions, instead of putting them all into one single topic...)

As discussed in THIS topic, I finally decided on regular bows for Dwarven Archersof Erebor faction...

Model: TheDeadPlayer
Skin: Nazgûl

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Should make a much more realistic unit than Axethrowers... Those will stay as upgrades for the Battlewagon though, so they wont be wasted... :thumbsupsmiley:

In game:
Posted Image

I will make random skins for them as well... (off course) Stay tuned! :D

AH, here we go... random skins and with all upgrades working (BC, FA, HA)! Shown here with the newly added Thorin III Stonehelm model :p

Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 October 2010 - 07:42 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

love it! also love how the bows are twice the height of the archers lol. couldn't you use a shorter bow? i think the dwarves would use a bow similar to the size of the orc bows. love the archer himself though
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Lord Fox

Lord Fox
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:50 PM

thats a sexy little dwarf right there, GW on him. wouldnt want to face him in a shot off
Pie increases your brain cell production by 35%!!! GO PIE!
Posted Image

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:01 PM

The bigger the bow, the more power... :D
It's modeled that way. Not my "fault". I just did the skin :thumbsupsmiley:
Btw, it's the perspective... The bow isn't bigger than the unit. We might change the bow's size for polishing phase though (beta 4.9) hehe

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

I don't mind about his bow bigger than him, Simply Amazing :thumbsupsmiley:

@Nazgûl : You gonna re-texture beard color. Make it more various.?
Posted Image

#6 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Looks excellent :thumbsupsmiley: Dwarven archers are surprisingly underused (not only in BfME mods), it's good to see them in SEE. Fits very well with the general theme of making the game more realistic, despite the bow size (which won't be very noticeable ingame, I assume).

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

Nice to see you again LoM :thumbsupsmiley: Long time... when we're ready for Beta 4.7, you're more than welcome to help out with the marketing again, if you'd like to =) Btw, I spoke to Adamin today about joining forces with Edain mod. Your team said yes... Pretty cool! :D

New screen in post #1, with first appearance in game. I also put the dwarven archery range back, for now... I wasn't really happy with the Dale Barracks.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Hermoor

Hermoor

Nazgul slayer

• Banned
  • 111 posts
  • Projects:Tom Bombadil [game]
  •  Black sheep

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:58 PM

O.o Edain mod joining SEE? What exactly does this mean Nazgul? Make a new topic about it, and give us some info :thumbsupsmiley:
This is just a suggestion...the text above.

#9 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:43 AM

Dwarves used shortbows, iirc.

I think the skin on the bow should be altered to be a different color than the beard. Actually, randomized beard colors would be good too.
Greetings, community.

#10 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:52 AM

Nice work, Nazgul!!! Keep it up! :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

O.o Edain mod joining SEE? What exactly does this mean Nazgul? Make a new topic about it, and give us some info :D

It "only" means we'll be helping eachother with assets and coding, when needed. We won't "join" or "merge" in any way :p

Dwarves used shortbows, iirc.

I think the skin on the bow should be altered to be a different color than the beard. Actually, randomized beard colors would be good too.

Complaints complaints... lol :thumbsupsmiley: Check the screens again... and what I wrote underneath the last pic added :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:02 AM

*updated screens* :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:00 AM

nice! they look good in-game. are the dale swordsmen from the archery range or the hall of warriors?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

Wow! They look awesome!

You know, you could have both axe-throwers and archers... I don't know about the details of the debate in the other thread, but why not make one of these an 'elite' archer type unit? Then the dwarven archery range will be more use (as you now ahve at least 2 levels of units to recruit)...

I mean, if you've completely removed them fine, but maybe later you could include them back in...
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

Nope, we've decided that it far too unrealistic to have men with an endless stream of axe supply in their backpack. At least for a whole horde. (SO currently we have a hero for that instead: Dwalin). At first we tried to add a wagon as banner carrier, but it was too hard to make it look good (even in theory) as the whole wagon would come popping out of nothing when ressurrected. So that's even less realistic :crazed:

I removed the axethrowers cause they feel a bit too far fetched, but I like the model, so they will stay in the battle wagons as upgrades. The wagon could carry loads of axes...

I'm very pleased with how the archers turned out. They look sweet in game, and I also put back the normal dwarven archery range, where you will get both dwarven archers as well as Men of Dale, just like the slave models in the structure shows.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

* Why are ppl quoting what they've just read? No need to quote the post just above your reply, is there? * /Naz =p

Oh, I understand now. Having the axxe-throwers in the wagon is s a nice compromise. The model itself is awesome and well done on the skin too!

If Dale archers are being moved, what becomes of the Dale Barracks?

(also, off topic but... if dwarves need another pike unit, you could include some Esgaroth Guard. As far as I remember of the Hobbit, they carried pikes and were a bit like the Gondor Tower Guard (less buffed tho)...)

Edited by Nazgûl, 27 October 2009 - 05:29 PM.

Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Dale Barracks is not needed, and thus we'd have one less model to worry about. It has no BuildUp anims, no damage states and no Collapse anims. The original EA model have all of this, plus the Dale and Dwarf unit in the model. I know it's very similar to the Rohan range, and I guess EA grew tired at some point in production, but it's still a fully functional model and it works better in game than the Dale model did. Sometimes you revert things as you progress =)

I don't think we need another pike unit for the dwarves, at this stage. GW do have some very cool concepts, like the Vault Vardens, but I guess someone from RA would be annoyed if we made a similar model. I think they had that for RA =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

I understand.

(PS- sorry bout the quoting thing... :crazed:)

#19 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

Hehe np, it's just unnescessary unless you're quoting a post further up in the thread =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#20 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:18 PM

i'm still not sure where dale swordsmen go...
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users