SEE Dwarven Archers

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

This is kind of off topic but you should leave the dale swordsmen in. Make them kind of the base weak infantry to have around in case your low on resources and just need to put some bodies out there.

Also I know you were complaining in the other thread about the look of the Guardians and how you didn't like it. Now you wanted something closer to GW image you posted there. Are you gonna go for that armor look on the archers or are you going to take the archer armor and skin it onto the guardians?

#42 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

dale swordsmen should stay in as a basic infantry unit for the dwarves. adds a bit of strategy too because they are faster than the dwarves.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Damrod

Damrod
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:13 AM

Aaawww. No more axe throwers? Not even as an elite type unit? Bummer. I thought axe throwers looked sooooooo cool. Oh well, the archers look cool to I suppose. Still loved them axe throwers.

#44 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Axe Throwers will still be in the game, as Battle Wagon "passengers" (upgrade) though...

And if possible, I would later on like to have them as a very powerful ranged unit limited to 2, maybe 4 hordes and with a wagon (full of axes) instead of a banner carrier. But that is depending on wether I find someone that can code and model that. We'd need the construction wagon, a dwarf replacing the human and change the cargo into axes or something with axes textured... Before this happens, I have bigger fish to fry though =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#45 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:44 AM

that is a good idea, naz, to have the "banner carriers" have builder carts with ammo. couldn't you just reskin a dwarven builder into an axe-thrower skin and have him carry around the builder cart (with axes)? not only could this just be for axe-throwers, but it could also be used for spear-throwing units, (rohan spearthrowers and haradrim lancers)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

You are right... those units share the same problem, if not even bigger, since they don't carry a bag like the axe throwers... *noted*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#47 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

I had this idea, but I don't know if its possible. Would it be possible to have the weapons cart separate? However, the units like axe-throwers would have to be within a certain radius of the cart to be able to actually attack. This way I think it adds some more diversity and weaknesses/strengths. Now the axe thrower could rightfully be a very powerful mid-range anti-melee warrior, but would be limited by the carts and their spacing. The carts could then be a way to limit their strength as they would be unable to attack without them, thus making the carts a priority target. Also, this way the archers could be a bit nerfed as currently most are quite overwhelming strong in large numbers(especially and strangely against shielded warriors and cavalry).

#48 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

Awsome concept of those dwarven archer. It is awsome!

(offtopic): Maybe a little too late but you could make the dale swordsmen come out as a combined horde for the archers...... and also:Can you make it that you can run out of ammo? (Just wondering because it would make it more realistic that archers run out of ammo and rush in with axes and shields or just smacking them in the face with their bows :) )
Wait... what?

#49 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

King Under the Mountain of Erebor

• Project Team
  • 193 posts
  • Projects:THL

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

I alwasy thought that for Iron Hills,Crossbows were the best choice at least in my opinion and when I saw what amyzing work hs WETA done with that I fell in love with it!!SO I wanted to ask is it possible to add Iron Hills Crossbowmans with this Crossbow http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/members/1/762/761504/thumb_620x2000/Iron_Hills_Crossbow_Concept.jpg 

And I am sad that I cant see any pictures of the Iron Hills Dwarfs posted here! :(

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#50 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

Dead image servers...

Your pic is not working either ;)

Crossbows have been discusses before and the community here rejected that idea.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#51 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

Dead image servers...

Your pic is not working either ;)

Crossbows have been discusses before and the community here rejected that idea.

Oh I see I dint know that about the servers I was just curious!!too bad I wont be able to see them! :( 

And sorry for the bothering about the Corsbows,it sadens me that they have rejected it but I still hope that some other mod will use it!!It seems people just love to keep to the lore too much! :) And here is the link I hope it works now :) http://media.moddb.c...bow_Concept.jpg

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#52 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

You don't have to quote a post that is directly above yours you know ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 06 June 2015 - 10:40 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#53 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

Its just a habbit of mine I am sorry about it! :(

#54 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

No problem 

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#55 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

Well I guess I will ahve to wait and pray for some Mod to include Iron Hills Crossbowmans :(

#56 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

^^I feel the same as you, some great Dwarven units get mostly dismissed by mods, even if those mods implement most things from the movies :(

#57 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:46 PM

Well everyone has their tastes I guess!!Lets just hope that we will see them some day...

P.S. I never understood why people think Bow more suited for Dwarves than a Crossbow I have always thought that Crossbow are more like Dwarven thing,machinary and more pierce power and such and at least one Dwarven realm could use it! Ered Luin as we saw from Thorin and Kili are more for Bow use they are well trained while Erebor could be with the Axe Throwers while Crossbowmans should be with Iron Hills and thus all 3 we will ahve diversity and such but since I have no skill in moding and such I will just be gratefull to those who do those awesome Mods for free for us and wait to someone use the idea! :)

#58 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

Yeah I too think crossbows suit the Dwarves better than bows (except for Kili and Thorin), at least the Iron Hills could use the crossbows ;)

#59 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

Exactly my point and opinion!! :)

#60 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

^^Looks like we have the same opinion about most Dwarven things :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users