Photo

The winking smiley

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: see below

What is ;)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Pasidon, if you keep talking like that I will ban you. I find it unbelievably irritating.

I am standard with the grammar laws of Ozark English, substituting the 'have' preposition in circumstances that to not require its literal dictionary definition. If I were to have flaw, it would be logical to trace the error back to the creator of machines. Amusing among other things.

You're still wrong. In this circumstance 'have' is used as the auxiliary verb, which is necessary in order for the conditional clause in your sentence to make sense. The only reason some people think 'of' is correct is that they are lazy. Nothing more. There is nothing correct about it. There is no excuse for it in written English.

Now stop being a tard. You are neither a Vulcan nor a machine, so stop acting like it.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#42 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

He's just trying to get a response out of everyone is all
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#43 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

No harm in stirring things up a little :p

_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#44 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

Which is the entire purpose of a wink.

are you saying you think winks are just for flirting? Cause that assumption may lead to some awkward misunderstandings in your life :p

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:04 AM

Pasidon, if you keep talking like that I will ban you. I find it unbelievably irritating.

Please. Oh wait, I can do it. Hmmm. The temptation.

:p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#46 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

Might want to pass Pasi a burka then, with all the temptations...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

Or.... we could just:

1) Accept that people are different and with a large community like this, we'd eventually run into people that doesn't think the way we/you do?
2) Accept that there ARE smilies here, ready to be used in posts, and if T3A/Revora etc at some large scale would decide they are annoying, just have them removed?

I find it rather easy to read a post full of smilies if the poster is being respectful, kind and nice, and I prefer that before a smiley-free post full of sarcasm, hostility and provocative responses. I do however understand the point - a post full of yellow faces you've seen a billion times aren't that thrilling really. But there are worse things in life...

... :p Just my 2

EDIT: darn keyboard!

Edited by Nazgûl, 31 January 2010 - 04:02 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#48 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

But Nazgul, where's the fun in accepting things? A lot more pleasure in bitching and complaining about it.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#49 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

The poll is 7 vs 7. I hereby declare " ;) " to be forbidden for reasons of ambiguity :p
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#50 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

Yet I have not voted. It seems the fate of the useless icon's symbolic meaning remains my decision for the moment.

You find the superior voice of logic irritating when I find emotion inconvenient. How inconvenient.

Now stop being a tard. You are neither a Vulcan nor a machine, so stop acting like it.

I do wish to proceed the path of this topic off of me. But I am forced to mention the irony of your emotional reaction to the circumstances. Continue to base your [professional decisions] / [threats] on emotional values in result to prove my existence is superior than any other. And if I do recall in personal experience at Revora, dead cell threats to ban people are not tolerated.

#51 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

*Yawn* Go elsewhere Pasidon, you're irritating and boring. Get my drift? :p

#52 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

It wasn't an empty threat, Pasi. :p I'm quite prepared to ban you for a week unless you grow out of this ridiculous phase. Also, for a robot, your grammar is appalling. "...base your [professional decisions] / [threats] on emotional values in result to prove my existence..." simply does not make sense. The gist is there, for sure, but there is little clearer than that.

Oh, and I would go so far as to suggest that your existence is not only not superior, but far, far inferior. Which is a shame, because I kinda liked you before you started with this.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#53 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

Shut the fuck up Pasidon. You're a shitty troll, you know that...

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#54 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

Tell you one thing, Revora is a lot more fun when something is happening...even if it is a shitty troll. Everyone gets on fine and it's entertaining when everyone is unified in bashing on someone else.

So, without further delay;

Fuck you robot!
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#55 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

The two of you above should probably reconsider your posts as we've decided to take on a stricter role on moderating when it comes to flaming/bashing/abusive behaviour. I know it has been tolerated a lot in the past so I'm giving you a heads up before the actual warning takes place.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#56 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

Fair enough. But why the sudden change? It is meant to be taken with a pinch of salt and not taken seriously.
Posted Image

#57 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

DLotS, I think we're all aware that the 'flaming' is not to be taken too seriously?

#58 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

Given how Pasidon is doing his best to provoke a reaction, and succeeding, I'd have thought this would be a prime example of when a bit of mild flaming is just fine.

DISCLAIMER: Any opinions given herein do not represent those of the Revora Administration.

#59 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:20 PM

I don't mind a few sarcastic comments and I myself am not very sensitive. It's just that we've decided to improve the overall tone so as to increase newbie friendliness around here, especially if you're some sort of staff or admin.
The odd "fuck you! :p" is okay of course, but as soon as it gets abusive, you'll have to expect warnings.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#60 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Just to let you know, I rarely ever use emoticons in a post. I usually represent a tongue in cheek comment with an exclamation mark or the like.

I see no newbies around here, just Pasidon going through his latest annoying phase. Seeing as the Intros and Personalities forum was destroyed, there is a lack of "hey I'm new around here". Seems like it’s time for some new blood around here...

I don't think any of the members are hostile to newbies, just to people that have been around long enough...it’s inevitable.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users