#21 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

If hes running vista or win7 it causes a compatibility issue so run it in compatibility mode as Windows Xp. I had a issue like this.

safsignature.png

#22 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

I don't know how to do that, So I don't know how to tell him that :rolleyes:

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#23 Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

title available

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

I do't have Vista, I have XP, and my problem concerns the code of the added and changed buildings; I have circumvent the problem by offering very simple structures to the WB while the game, able to read the code, works with the complete structures (I actually don't know yet if the buildings will get upgrades by the AI)... I have never had any problem to run the WB with the original game files, patched or not...

MoS

Edited by Mouth of Sauron, 11 February 2010 - 07:50 AM.

#24 Lord Eniam

Lord Eniam
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

Running in Windows XP compatibility mode is easy, the problem still remains however, even after trying it in multiple comp modes

Edited by Lord Eniam, 12 February 2010 - 02:55 PM.

#25 Lord Eniam

Lord Eniam
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:04 PM

Probably the worst working solution ever. I'm uninstalling, reinstalling and making maps before I get the patch/patches. o.O

#26 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:16 AM

Well if it works... I suppose. lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#27 Lord Eniam

Lord Eniam
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

It worked, I was able to begin a map, not a good map, but a map nonetheless. So I decided to get the patches and such and play fora bit. Then I uninstalled again so I could reinstall and work on my map, and with my luck- I should've expected it: My laptop refuses to allow the instalation. -sigh- I give up.

EDIT: Lol, idk what happened but uhh.. well I dropped my laptop and now worldbuilder works AND I can still play- with patches and all. Lol.

Edited by Lord Eniam, 14 February 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#28 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Well, take it as a win. ^_^

#29 Lord Eniam

Lord Eniam
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

-sigh- Correction, take it as a loss. Suddenly and for no apparent reason Worldbuilder will load about 1/5 and stop. No matter how much time (I gave it 4 and a half hours) I give it, it doesn't load. Sadly, when I went on Firefox to find a solution that too stopped and I had to use IE. I system restored and both problems occur, but now my sound doesn't work. Anyway, any ideas why Worldbuilder stopped so suddenly?

#30 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

If other problems are occurring. It's not something specific to worldbuilder.

#31 Lord Eniam

Lord Eniam
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

Well yea, but if anyone has any ideas at all about WB, perhaps that same solution will fix the other things. Besides I really only want WB to work, I can use my other comp that I have for the other stuff.

#32 Eximius

Eximius
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:31 PM

Well yea, but if anyone has any ideas at all about WB, perhaps that same solution will fix the other things. Besides I really only want WB to work, I can use my other comp that I have for the other stuff.

HI! You may not play it anymore, but I had the problem where worldbuilder wouldn't load beyond 1/5th of a loading. Take it ALL out of compatability mode. I THINK that was what I did, because for some reason, the game didn't like it, and wouldn't load worldbuilder. If it wasn't that, I'll figure out what the solution was, but try that!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users