Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

This thread contains a master list of the bugs reported and confirmed in the current (0.551) version of The Dwarf Holds. Please consult this list (updated by me) before posting a new bug.

Note: to report map bugs go here!

Last updated April 19th 2010.

General
-Forged Blade upgrade damage notation is absent or inaccurate for some units.

Erebor
-

Rohan
-Elfhelm plays Theoden's Glorious Charge vocal cue when using Outrider
-Strange animation behaviour when Galadhrim with swords attack

Gondor
-Some rigging issues remain with some Gondor units

Isengard
-Shortcut conflict for Scout and Crossbowmen
-Shortcut conflict for Steel Drawstrings
-Uruk Pit tooltip doesn't mention Scouts
-Flickering issue with Uruk Warriors' attention animation
-Weirdness overall in Uruk Warriors' animations
-Overdraw timer sometimes resets when combining Uruk Crossbowmen with other units

Mordor
-

Edited by Nertea, 01 May 2010 - 08:51 PM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#2 BladeKing

BladeKing
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Soldiers of Gondor is not visible

#3 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Rohan:

Building an entmoot, builds a farm instead.

Summoned elven archers have a flicker in their sword fighting animation. At the end of swinging they appear to draw their bow.

Legolas still has pink arrows.

I think theres a sound bug for rohan: I got an "we've improved the smithy" audio when a building auto leveled up. I know for a fact I had not built an armory. so could be farm or stables.

#4 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

Rangers fire arrows are have a grey box. Heres a pic:
sshot0007.jpg

safsignature.png

#5 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:55 AM

Building an entmoot, builds a farm instead.

I have heard that this Entmoot bug is a vanilla thing that shows up sometimes? I'm not succeeding in reproducing it. What map was this?

Summoned elven archers have a flicker in their sword fighting animation. At the end of swinging they appear to draw their bow.

So this isn't happening with normally built Galadhrim?

Legolas still has pink arrows.

MEH.

I think theres a sound bug for rohan: I got an "we've improved the smithy" audio when a building auto leveled up. I know for a fact I had not built an armory. so could be farm or stables.

Just finished searching every single file for references to that sound cue, and there seems to be no reason for this to happen. And have never seen this before. The only thing that could have escaped the search was if that same file exists as a copy with a different name. So yeah, keep watching... can't do anything now.

At any rate, am including a fix for the invisible Gondor Soldiers and the Ranger fire arrows in 0.551 which should get released in a few hours.

Edited by Nertea, 19 April 2010 - 03:55 AM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#6 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:56 AM

One of Elfhelm's abilities has an incomplete string.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#7 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:30 AM

Do I get to know which one?

Edit - one of my own! Elfhelm uses Theo's Glourious Charge voice cue when using Outrider

Edited by Nertea, 19 April 2010 - 05:31 AM.

sig.png

#8 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

The entmoot issue occurred on khand. I managed to do it back to back on the same plot. Wasn't happy spending 10000 on farms lol.

I didn't check on the buildable eleven warriors.

The sound bug I'll keep looking to reproduce it, I wonder if it was a case of an allied building leveling up and I could still hear the audio associated with it.

#9 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

I've seen the entmoot thing happen for years. It's either a vanilla thing, or something that only happens in mods or player-made maps for some reason (though all maps are in the official list).
Posted Image

#10 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Some of the following aren't really bugs, but still they should be fixed. :p

- Both Crossbows and Scouts have C as shortcut
- Uruk Pit tooltip doesn't mention Scouts
- 'Guard area' button missing for some new units (Royal Guard, Door-Wardens, Uruk Scouts, Black Uruks)
- The forged blade upgrade description that appears when you hover over a portrait of an unit that got the upgrade (i.e. Forged Blade: Up to +40 for Uruk-hai, +32 for Wargs...) doesn't mention the addition for Scouts
- Dunno if that's on purpose, but the new ability of Crossbow units also knocks back heroes. It's quite unfair imo.
- Concerning this one, I'm not sure if it's just me, but sometimes I get the feeling that the AI mostly ignores some units, namely the new ones (Scouts, Royal Guards) and also doesn't build them.

And there is another issue with the Isengard Uruks. I will try to be as accurate as I can.
It just happens after they hit an enemy unit, after the blow they kinda freeze for 1-2 seconds, and then just go on as usual.
Just keep attention when you let them attack and after their strike they will freeze for a moment.

If I'm not mistaken the attack rate of the Uruks becomes faster after they get the forged blade upgrade. As a consequence their attack animation won't play out, as the attack duration is too short for the anim of the Uruk-hai.
Now that was hard to explain, I hope that you will understand this. :p
Posted Image

#11 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Mmm, so confirmed that all elven warriors have their sword animations completely screwed, and I have no idea why. They seem to do them right sometimes, other times they start their attack, then reset about 1/3 of the way through.

- 'Guard area' button missing for some new units (Royal Guard, Door-Wardens, Uruk Scouts, Black Uruks)

Like most units, Guard Area and the like (stop, attack move) are in the palantir, you just need to use the hotkey to access it. This is how EA handled 95% of "normal" units. I thought I'd keep it their way.

- Dunno if that's on purpose, but the new ability of Crossbow units also knocks back heroes. It's quite unfair imo.

I'll up the chance for heroes to resist it.

Will look into the attack thing, but I suspect it's just that the animations are screwed up.

sig.png

#12 MrBlack103

MrBlack103
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

Some of the time, when you have "2D shadows" selected in Custom Settings and not "3D shadows", it actually does the 3D ones and not the 2D ones. I've encountered this twice so far. Unnecessary lag for little gain when on a crap computer like my own.

#13 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:38 AM

Posted Image
This plot issue happened on the Minas Morgul map. The second plot is actually floating quite high up. The AI didn't build on it the entire game.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#14 MrBlack103

MrBlack103
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:30 AM

And I though I was getting really wierd bugs :p

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Isengard never builds uruk pikes.Even when you have a full army of cavalry,they just attack with crossbows.

#16 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:51 AM

Plot issue - I had the same problem once, try reinstalling as it fixed this (as well as some other display bugs) it for me :D

Uruk Pikes - I'm pretty sure they do build pikes. They might not build pikes in a certain skirmish due to number of players/command points/enemy armies/castles or camps etc etc. If you still thinks they won't build them though, details and screenshots would help :)

Posted Image Posted Image

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:51 AM

Alright sorry,maybe i was just playing on one of the custom maps.

#18 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

Well this is more a request but it's something that does "bug" me. Gollum needs to be rescaled he's huge compared to the dwarven units.

#19 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

The Steel Drawstrings upgrade has the same hotkey as the select-all-units-of-the-same-type hotkey, namely "E".
It didn't matter that much, since I was going to buy it anyways, but it needs fixing, I guess.
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#20 ferlz

ferlz
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

Gandalf can not be created in a skirmish if you have the power "Gandalf the White" before.

Sorry for my english

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users