• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

Great... :p

If I can't contact him/her, then I won't be able to use the asset without permission. If I do use it without permission, it would be stealing and a rip. :p

Should I use them and give the mod creator full credit (which I will do) or don't use it at all?

Edit: Is this the only active topic in RA2 and TS Editing forums? (except the forums with the tutorials, mod announcements, etc.)

Edited by Tommy15551, 21 July 2010 - 12:22 AM.

#22 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:None ATM
  •  StarCraft 2
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

There have been many mods that have been discontinued, and the author has left. One example is Mooman, and his project YR Squared. You'll see that terrain of his pop up in many mods (I use it myself) and generally speaking if the community has come to a consent assets could be used lightly.

I'd wait for some more members of the community to put their two cents in. I personally feel that usage of the content from his old mod should be allowed as long as credit is distributed unless he was to come back and declare his stance.

#23 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:35 AM

Mooman has actually expressed that his stuff can be used with credit what i've asked... of course I did get permission myself from Eagle years ago on ER stuff but havent made any use of that...

I think use depends on community consensus really and admittedly the mod itself is real old.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#24 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:43 AM

But it does have some interesting objects that shouldn't go unused. I'm debating the issue myself since there's one thing I want to use. I don't see issues because it's abandonware now, the author is gone and if proper credit is given, the point seems moot. That is unless, like m666 said, Eagle ever came back and said stop using his stuff.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#25 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I will use them very lightly but not too much and I will give credit when due. I do have another problem for the skirmish modes. I have the mpmodes.ini and edited it so I can play my own modes and I have put it in the ra2 folder and/or mix file, but whenever I play and customize, my modes aren't there, just the regular 'Battle,Free For All, and Team Alliance." What am I doing wrong? Is it the codes I put in the ini or is it because of something else?

#26 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

mpmodes.ini is for RA2, mpmodesmd.ini is for YR. Or you put them under wrong section in it or the referenced mpmodes ini is missing.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#27 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

oh... :p I should have remembered the difference between ra2 and yr files. Oops.

Thank you for everything. I found out about the condition yellow and red % for buildings. Is it possible to add new ones like condition yellow-green and condition orange? (I read another post about the third damaged state and they said it was not possible)

#28 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

No, there are only the 3 stages. Green-Yellow-Red. You can change the artwork but adding more is no go.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#29 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Okay. I do have another problem though. I just added 5 new sides for the allies using Npatch, but whenever I play as the new country, it says that I victorious and all the other computers lose. What is causing this?

#30 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

Most likely your coding for new countries is not complete as you should know, just adding your country in the list is not sufficient alone.

Every new country must be listed into the con yards and the all the other side buildings they belong in.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#31 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

Also make sure whatever MCV unit the side is using has the correct stuff on the Owner tag, and that it has AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=true. Additionally, make sure it's added to the BaseUnit= tag.

Edit: Never mind, you were talking about countries, not full-blown sides. Ignore my post.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#32 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:46 AM

Don't worry Nighthawk. I am planning to add GDI and NOD as new sides so your post will be helpful in the future.

#33 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

Sorry for the double post.

I have experimented with new super weapons with Npatch and I have created 3 new super weapons but with a lot of problems. My first one is Tank Drop but whenever I click the tank drop, it just resets itself and does nothing. (I found a topic about this but I can't find it anymore, I'll check again.)

My second and third super weapons share the same problem. Whenever I click the icon for the weapon, I do have a range of where to hit on the battlefield but when I click, it doesn't do anything. It just stays as the range and nothing happens.

Please help with my super weapons. I'll do whatever I can to fix this myself but if I have any problems, I'll come to this site.

#34 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

Your Tank Drop super weapon sounds like it's missing an Action= on its entry, or has an undefined Action set. The Action is what gives a super weapon its targeting cursor and stuff, so without that, it'll just fire at an off-screen corner of the map and reset once the button is clicked.

As for the other two, it sounds either like you have an incorrect Type defined, or the Action you're using is also being used somewhere else. Each super weapon needs a unique Action entry, even if they have the same cursor frames.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#35 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for the tip. I'll test it later.

I do have another problem. I have made the tech airport, oil derrick, and the machine shop buildable. I have put the buildlimit=1 on the tech machine shop and the tech airport but whenever I build it, it doesn't show the icon darkened out and I can build more of them. Any ideas?

#36 DCoder

DCoder

One of the Few

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  Old Grumpy Bastard

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

Flag names are case sensitive.
Ares - How do you want to improve YR today?
What's stopping you from migrating to Ares? We can't implement it unless you tell us!

ModEnc - C&C Modding Encyclopedia | Modders' Quote Database | Yet Another C&C Modding Forum

#37 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

I'll try that, DCoder.

For one of my new sides, I have cloned the GI and made it custom, but I have made the original GI forbidden to the new side, but I can still build it and have it on startup of skirmish. What is going on?

I have also cloned the chrono miner and made it an advanced chrono miner but when I build it, it shows up as invisible. I have edited the artmd.ini file but it didn't work. Help or suggestions would be appreciated.

My mod features the original 9 countries and 3 sides, plus 2 new sides, GDI and NOD, and 16 new sides! (sounds crazy, doesn't it?) 5 new Allied sides, 6 new Soviet sides, and 5 new Yuri sides. I am using NPatch for these modifications.
My progress of my mods:
Allied: 75% Complete
Soviet: 15% Complete
Yuri: 5% Complete
GDI: 0% Complete
NOD: 0% Complete

I will post screenshots when I am done with any of the sides, soon will be the Allies first.

Edited by Tommy15551, 25 July 2010 - 07:29 PM.

#38 DCoder

DCoder

One of the Few

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  Old Grumpy Bastard

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

"It doesn't work" usually generates responses similar to "that's too bad, good luck fixing it".

We are not psychics, trying to guess what you did wrong without even seeing what your current code looks like is not a fun way to pass the time. That is applicable to any problem you might have, not just this specific one.
Ares - How do you want to improve YR today?
What's stopping you from migrating to Ares? We can't implement it unless you tell us!

ModEnc - C&C Modding Encyclopedia | Modders' Quote Database | Yet Another C&C Modding Forum

#39 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

I just figured out why the chrono miner was invisible. I forgot the voxel! :p

Why am I so forgetful? Oh well. Back to work...
Thanks for all the help.

#40 Tommy15551

Tommy15551
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

Sorry for bringing this post back up...It's been a while...

I have some new sounds that I want to put in but I don't know how to do it. I asked one of my friends and he said he forgot how to do it, so I am here to receive some answers. I will be checking other forums and if I find anything that is related to this question, I will post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users