• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

Well it was just a guess... pink units usually means the texture is missing. Its been a long while since Ive had 4.5 installed, But I know for a fact that there shouldnt be any units missing. It sounds like all the added units are coming up missing in your games which indicates that though the game is working and many things are there some are not. meaning the game isnt reading all the new content or your install of the mod is broken. Lets just say it seems you install is reading the ini files fine but is overlooking textures and models.

#22 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

If some units are invisible or pink it means some textures are missing or not loading correctly. Try reinstalling the mod (not the game) or redownloading it.

Edit: didn't see njm1983's post. You could try the suggestions I posted.

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 29 October 2011 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Sauron's eyes and ears

Sauron's eyes and ears
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Projects:Edoras and Bree maps
  •  Brosing the forums for anything insulting to Sauron.

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Did anyone hear edit what the folders are called or put them in a .big file called SEE because I put them in a .big file before and now that I reinstalled it, it is just a folder and it says game.dat has encountered an error and needs to close.

Edited by Sauron's eyes and ears, 30 October 2011 - 09:40 AM.

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes, I just can't spell that well all the time!
If you wish to kill me, please post about it in my profile comments and allow 1 mounth for me to read it and prepare my defences(maibie 2 when I am being lazy or am cought up in work, or a game, or something).

I just saw this: Saurons Eyes and Ears
and: Special Extended Edition
spooky.

#24 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

SEE wasn't meant to work as a .big. if I recall any small errors in the inil files will cause a crash. For some reason when the mod is a folder it doesn't crash or end up with missing items. If your getting a crash then its installed wrong, check the support forum for solutions.
Ok, here it goes (at least what I did):1- unpack "SEE" into "C:\"2- SEE shortcut on desktop, set as follows:TARGET: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\SEE"START IN: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II"3- Launch the game through that modified shorcut

Edited by njm1983, 30 October 2011 - 03:44 PM.

#25 Guest_Dalton_*

Guest_Dalton_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

Does the assest thing really matter? Because whenever I put it in my BFME 2 it would make everything Black and Pink.

#26 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Yes it does. The new Asset.dat holds all the new content. the original has the original stuff. This is getting frustrating, I need more info from you. I dont think the new Asset goes into the BFME2 folder, it should stay in the C:/SEE.

#27 Guest_Dalton_*

Guest_Dalton_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Yes it does. The new Asset.dat holds all the new content. the original has the original stuff. This is getting frustrating, I need more info from you. I dont think the new Asset goes into the BFME2 folder, it should stay in the C:/SEE.

Alright. So what I do is put the SEE folder inside the directory and that's it? Or do I take all the folders out and then put in the Directory?

#28 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Ummm sure.....

1: Install the game in english, otherwise it can lead to errors.

2: Download the 1.06 patch witch you find here

3: Download SEE Beta4.5 to C:

4: Extract the SEE folder inside to the C: using WinRar5 or another unzip utility: Extract the SEE shoutcut from the .rar (.Ink)

6: Right click on shortcut > Properties

7: Nazguls Target path : :"E:\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod SEE
Start In:"E:\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II"

8: Change the target and/or the Start In path if needed, to match where you have installed BFME 2. Like if you have the game on C: disk you change the E: to C:.

9: Exit properties and open the game using the modified short cut.

10: Enjoy!

Do this exactly - you shouldnt be moving folders or assets around.

#29 Guest_Dalton_*

Guest_Dalton_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Ummm sure.....

1: Install the game in english, otherwise it can lead to errors.

2: Download the 1.06 patch witch you find here

3: Download SEE Beta4.5 to C:

4: Extract the SEE folder inside to the C: using WinRar5 or another unzip utility: Extract the SEE shoutcut from the .rar (.Ink)

6: Right click on shortcut > Properties

7: Nazguls Target path : :"E:\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod SEE
Start In:"E:\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II"

8: Change the target and/or the Start In path if needed, to match where you have installed BFME 2. Like if you have the game on C: disk you change the E: to C:.

9: Exit properties and open the game using the modified short cut.

10: Enjoy!

Do this exactly - you shouldnt be moving folders or assets around.

#30 Guest_Dalton_*

Guest_Dalton_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Still having Pink units and missing units.

#31 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Well I'm at a loss, I'm certain 4.5 worked fine before. Sorry I can't fix the problem.

#32 Guest_Dalton_*

Guest_Dalton_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Well I'm at a loss, I'm certain 4.5 worked fine before. Sorry I can't fix the problem.

Atleast you tried. Thanks anyway though.

#33 Sauron's eyes and ears

Sauron's eyes and ears
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Projects:Edoras and Bree maps
  •  Brosing the forums for anything insulting to Sauron.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I have reinstalled BFME II (and patched it to 1.06 if you where wondering!) and Special Extended Edition and I am now getting this:

Unknown field 'ShadowLOD' in block 'StaticGameLOD'.

Error parsing field 'ShadowLOD' in block 'StaticGameLOD' in file 'Data\INI\GamoLOD.ini', line 1

Edited by Sauron's eyes and ears, 20 November 2011 - 08:52 PM.

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes, I just can't spell that well all the time!
If you wish to kill me, please post about it in my profile comments and allow 1 mounth for me to read it and prepare my defences(maibie 2 when I am being lazy or am cought up in work, or a game, or something).

I just saw this: Saurons Eyes and Ears
and: Special Extended Edition
spooky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users