#1 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

More tanks, more ships and more maps. Time for the next media update. This time, there's a new video too! Zenothist will briefly introduce you to two new heroes in this small Hero Spotlight part.

As you know, there are 9 subfactions and each of them will have their unique hero. The first of three previews features commando units for Epsilon Headquarters and China. Remember that what we're showing you in videos and in screenshots is still from a beta, many things will probably be changed before the final release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhwPSPk7aWU#520x390

Now, the traditional Azri_Apoc's unit showcase. As promised, there's a new Dreadnought and.. another Soviet capital ship. The following units have been added/remade for Mental Omega 3.0:

Posted Image
Archon

Posted Image
Chrono Miner

Posted Image
Rottweiler Tank

Posted Image
Destroyer

Posted Image
Driller APC

Posted Image
Mantis Tank

Posted Image
Magnetron

Posted Image
Tesla Cruiser

Posted Image
Nuwa Cannon

Posted Image
Typhoon Attack Sub

Posted Image
Akula Missile Sub

Posted Image
Dreadnought

Also, several new maps. Those will probably be changed a bit for the final release too, but I want to get some feedback on various things, so I'm showing them to you.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

In other news, Version 2.0psi of Mental Omega has been downloaded 100 000 times since it's release in 2008. Thank you for your support! We hope you'll stay with us for the release of 3.0 too!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Edited by Speeder, 25 February 2012 - 08:53 PM.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Looks great! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edit: LOL @Zeno

Edited by Aasgier, 06 November 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#3 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

I apologize in advance for any cruel and unusual punishment I might have inflicted upon your ears during the video. :p

I will also warn you all that you haven't heard the last of me. ;)

Edited by Zenothist, 06 November 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#4 MasterPyro

MasterPyro
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I apologize in advance for any cruel and unusual punishment I might have inflicted upon your ears during the video. :p

I will also warn you all that you haven't heard the last of me. ;)

Made me lol.

Those new voxels and units look A+

Archon looks like a replacement for the ifv for one of the subfactions. But I suppose that is a secret? ;(

Rottweiler Tank looks great, is it a side specific unit? Looks a bit faster and less armored than the grizzly.

The Destroyer looks like a beast now, have to double take when you see them leading the way to shell a beach.

I really like the design on the Mantis, that has to belong to Scorpion Cell, I could see it storming through the sands.

Wow at the new Magnetron that has to be a much higher tier unit now, I hope he can dish out some punishment.

Tesla Cruiser at first glance from certain angles almost looked like a mech to me,then I how armored and what a huge turret he has, looks very powerful.

Nuwa cannon looks awesome, looks to be a great addition to the Chinese arsenal I assume?

Typhoon looks sleeker than old version, it doesn't seem as sleeker and dramatic of an enhancment as the other voxels.

Akula looks great, really looks like a missile class sub now.

Dreadnought looks bad ass just like the aircraft carrier .

Those new 3 player maps really caught my eye.

Really like the subfaction specific heroes, can't wait to try Yunru out. Can't wait to see what's in store for Russia and the Federation.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 hclarkjr

hclarkjr
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

really looking forward to this being released. keep up the good work

#6 Death Cultist

Death Cultist
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Can't wait to see what's in store for Russia and the Federation.

I'm imagining Borris will still play a part for the Soviets, Tanya for the Americans, I'm imagining a James Bond-esque figure for the European Alliance, a Black Lotus style figure for the Pacific front perhaps? I have no idea about the confederation though.

#7 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hello Death Cultist, welcome to the forums.

Yes, Boris and Tanya will still be in-game of course, with some added twists as well to keep them as interesting as our new heroes of course.

In all seriousness though, voice commentary is something new we're going to be trying, so feedback on that would be much appreciated. Jargalhurts does not count. He's had his chance in the IRC channel. :p

Edited by Zenothist, 06 November 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#8 nuclearneo577

nuclearneo577
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

That was quite impressive. I've got one question though, does Yunru have any anti infantry capabilities? She seems quite powerful already, but having a commando unit in a Command And Conquer game that can attack not being able to attack infantry just seems wrong IMHO. Even Yuriko could attack infantry in Red Alert 3, though she didn't stand a chance against them with her main attack.

#9 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Earth Breaker can deal some damage but no, she's not supposed to fight enemy infantry face-to-face. You have other weapons for that.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#10 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

That was quite impressive. I've got one question though, does Yunru have any anti infantry capabilities? She seems quite powerful already, but having a commando unit in a Command And Conquer game that can attack not being able to attack infantry just seems wrong IMHO. Even Yuriko could attack infantry in Red Alert 3, though she didn't stand a chance against them with her main attack.

Black Lotus :rolleyes:

Yunru is a specialty hero. If every hero was just an infantry eviscerator with mild anti-structure capabilities, no one would care about having different heroes, they'd all do the same thing.

#11 Krozalid

Krozalid
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  MO's Beta Tester

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

Akula's still in? I thought you were going to use Seawolf. :wacko:

I would like to add very quickly that the 'Magnetit' tank is the best name for a tank. Ever.

#12 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

I am the only one who's earned that right in the entire univ

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Projects:Some Super Mario World ROM hack
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:55 AM

I really like the new version of Magnetron and Akula and every unit too!

Also, Soviet already have a Seawolf, will you going to replace them with Akula? or Akula is Russia unit?

Edited by Recon-7, 07 November 2011 - 06:05 AM.

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#13 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

At this point in time, the Seawolf will be the replacement for the Sea Scorpion, thus making it the AA naval unit. Note that this still might change.

Edited by Zenothist, 07 November 2011 - 10:59 AM.
Typo's yo.

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#14 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hello Death Cultist, welcome to the forums.

Yes, Boris and Tanya will still be in-game of course, with some added twists as well to keep them as interesting as our new heroes of course.

In all seriousness though, voice commentary is something new we're going to be trying, so feedback on that would be much appreciated. Jargalhurts does not count. He's had his chance in the IRC channel. :p

Well, i had enough fun dissing your voice on the IRC channel, which resulted in Graion kicking me 4 times. I won't give my voice for MO either way, it's too good to be used in MO.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 07 November 2011 - 09:53 AM.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#15 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Only three times cus of that. Once you was kicked because your username was in a bad language.

Oh, and BTW, incase you have not noticed, MO IRC since became more strict towards shitposting and it wasn't my decision.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#16 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

Aye, considering no one else seems to visit it save a few individuals, the possibility of locking the IRC for staff only was mentioned as well. Shame really, seeing as we were giving a Q&A session about the beta and discussing the Latin Confederation hero yesterday. We promise he will be awesome. :p

No excuses about not being able to find it either. You can click the link in my sig to go directly to the chat. We're generally on around 21:00 and 0:00 GMT +1

P.S. Welcome to the forums Krozalid.

Edited by Zenothist, 07 November 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#17 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

I really like the new version of Magnetron and Akula and every unit too!

Also, Soviet already have a Seawolf, will you going to replace them with Akula? or Akula is Russia unit?

Akula will replace the Dreadnought for the Soviets as the heavy siege ship. It's pretty much a Russian Boomer.

Aye, considering no one else seems to visit it save a few individuals, the possibility of locking the IRC for staff only was mentioned as well. Shame really, seeing as we were giving a Q&A session about the beta and discussing the Latin Confederation hero yesterday. We promise he will be awesome. :p

No excuses about not being able to find it either. You can click the link in my sig to go directly to the chat. We're generally on around 21:00 and 0:00 GMT +1

NO! If you close the IRC, how am i supposed to gain all the awesome information i managed to milk out of you guys?

Edited by Jargalhurts, 07 November 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#18 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Well I suppose the channel will have to contain more visitors and less of your flamebaiting. ;)

#19 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Flamebaiting? You mean causing other people to get angry?

#20 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

I don't have enough time to visit the channel in the evenings. :ninja:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users