#1 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

Not sure how to introduce myself after going inactive for so long, so I'll keep it simple. Guten Tag!

That's not why I'm actually here, though. If it was I'd have went to whatever introduction topic/forum that is available on Revora.

I'd like to start my 'career' in modding on Revora because of familiarity with the community. Although I didn't leave a big imprint while at Revora, I find it much easier to start here than at some random forum.

That however, is where I come to a standstill. Being 'fresh meat' to the modding community, I'm not aware of the pros and cons of modding certain games. That's where, hopefully, anyone still alive (looking on certain sections of the Guilds, things seem frighteningly quiet) here can help me.

The options I am willing to consider are Red Alert 2 and/or Tiberian Sun, Command and Conquer 3, and Red Alert 3. I refuse to mod for Generals, so I apologize but it's out of the question. The catch is, Command and Conquer 3 seems my most reliable choice. Although Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun are very respectable games, they are fairly outdated, with Red Alert 2 being released just about 11 years ago. Not to mention I trust my copy of The First Decade about as far as I can throw it. Red Alert 3, although the most up to date, I have lost the key for. Moving has never been a welcome experience for me, and that's one of the reasons why. I could buy another copy, but spending 10-20 more dollars on a game I already technically have is no doubt frustrating, as some of you can understand.

But what do you all think? Point me in the right direction, if you may.

#2 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

One thing that you can do if you have not already done it, is to check out the Moddb mod lists to see what kind of mods are being worked on. This might give you an idea on what is possible in terms of modding on C&C3 and RA3 : http://www.moddb.com...erium-wars/mods (C&C3), http://www.moddb.com...ed-alert-3/mods (RA3).

In terms of how active the various modding communities are, RA3 is definitely the most quiet out of the potential games you listed.
C&C3 has slightly more going on then RA2 & Tiberian Sun, Zero Hour has more going on then C&C3 & RA3 combined.

Personally I mod C&C3 (and only C&C3) so I am hardly going to suggest another game.

It would help to know what your plans are?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users