Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Projects:Tol-in-Gaurhoth
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Maybe this is a small revival.

By the way, I've added a better download. At least, I think so. The text files from above apparently got screwed up when I opened them with Apple's TextEdit. I guess it doesn't like letters with a "^" above them.

https://rapidshare.c...4/Barad-Dur.rar

Defender of the Lawful Evil

Posted Image

#22 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

A really nice layout and the scripting is on cloud nine.

My suggestions for improvement is to make it taller and higher, and of course improve the textures. If you look at my Barad-dur preview which is in my own map-pack then you might find some ideas (which some are from NJM's map), to do with textures and making the walls taller.
I also feel that the bridge is too wide.

I have still yet to test this map against the AI on RJ-Mod (I recently got RotWK to work again after Edain stuffed it all up).

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#23 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Thanks. :)

Actually, I already fixed two minor logical gaps within the scripts. No serious issues, but they just annoyed me a little bit. I'm quite angry I didn't recognize them two hours earlier, because since I created this last download, I don't get access on rapidshare anymore. I couldn't even tell you if the link is still working or not. I'll have to find another site for the next upload, what sounds easier than it apparently is. On almost every file hosting site I visit, I'm getting trouble when trying to upload my stuff. And sometimes the procedure is cut short by server errors. That's also why I have to ask if there is any other link where I could download your map pack? Whenever I click the one above, it stops dead.
On the other hand: If you would like to get the latest version of my map, I'd probably have to send it to you via E-Mail, if you don't mind. At least until I find a new home for my data.

I'll see if I find a way to increase the wall size without doing much harm to the architecture and the camera path. However, I'll avoid to scale them up if it's at all possible, since this caused some trouble last time when I did. They appeared flickering in game and suddenly disappeared every once in a while. The bridge might be difficult to change, though. If I narrow it more than it's now, wouldn't it look a bit strange with the defense barricades standing too close to each other? And it probably would become impassable for some units like the Balrog, for example. He's already forced to slim down when walking out.
The texturing will keep me busy for some time. Painting that huge area of wasteland turns out to become more of a task than I originally expected. One of the reasons I would like to have a look at your map pack ...

The Edain-Mod is very possessive, indeed. I always save a backup folder of the entire game before installing it.

Posted Image

#24 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

On almost every file hosting site I visit, I'm getting trouble when trying to upload my stuff.

BayFiles is a good place to go. Anything up to 5 GB, no registration required.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#25 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thank you for the hint, this was a new one to me. But sadly ... by clicking on upload, nothing ever happens.
However, hopefully this is going to do it.
It's only the map again, the other stuff remains untouched.

Posted Image

#26 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Once I got it working again to try a match. This is a pretty awesome Barad-dur.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users