#21 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Busy bee indeed. If I had to guess I'd guess this project could last a year before we get something vaguely playable.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#22 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Which I'm fine with, as long as no one seriously ticks me off and quits.  But I would like to remind everyone, this is something that can make us lots of money... it's really not a terrible things to work on once in awhile.

#23 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

YAY... it's that time of the year... not busy time.  For me, and for you. Well... we'll be busy... just not with mediocre things, like work.  We'll be working on Revora Racer!  Yay!  I'll be back in the land of Burger King (America Land) in a week, able to work again.  Sooooo... what were we doing?  Making a kart?  Yea, we should have a fully functional kart in at least a month.  Plenty of time. We don't need to work out the physics, just make a nice looking kart that can go up, down, left and right.  Easy stuff.  

And if we don't get that done... then shame on you all.  And we'll probably just delete this section and pretend it didn't happen... cuz no point in keeping it around if we're not actually planning on working.

#24 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

We have a dropbox-folder with some assets. The kart model is in there but still in .3ds so I'm not looking into it yet. The biggest problem is that we probably need an exclusive coder for this project. I can promise all I want but its a busy year for me, so we'd probably see more progress if we find someone dedicated to the coding. Problem is coders are hard to come by. Digi is busy with other projects too, but if he feels he has time and can get some core mechanical code onto the ground it would have been very good. Alas, I still think we need more than Digi and myself on the coding bit...

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#25 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Duke's right, sadly i have other things going on in life, and a few odd projects here and there i just don't have time between everything, i might be able to throw in an hour or two here or there but it wont be enough

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#26 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Good lord... sort of bad you guys actually said you could help with the project but you actually can't.  I'm so disappointed.  But it's fine.  No idea if we should even postpone the project, or just trash it then... I have a good feeling nothing will happen with it in the end.

#27 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

its something that will be done in small parts, there's nothing wrong with that so no point in closing RR just because of it

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#28 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

As long as you actually expect to work on it later on.

#29 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Its easier for me to work on art assets than managing the core code. Working on code requires you to sit and really plan things through and know how it all sticks together. And if you are away for a week, you need to spend half a day to understand the code again. Art is easier, you see where you are and where you are going and you can usually jump right back in again.

Also, RR indirectly kickstarted the unity section of Revora, which is a win in my eyes :p

Edited by duke_Qa, 16 April 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#30 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

That really is a win!  Now we can think of more games not to make.  ... I sound bitter.  Wait here a moment while I go back to America real fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users