-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Announcement due to recent developments

Our first 'Server Welcome Tournament' has been manipulated by a couple of participants in order to cheat their way into the prizes we had planned for you. By doing this they have ruined our first tournament and betrayed both us and the other participants. We will not tolerate this, as it is a slap in the face of everyone who has spent their free time working hard to make this tournament and the server a positive experience.

We would like to apologize to all the honest participants, and we will make sure that this will not happen again.

These verdicts have been rendered:

Xehanort and davedave will be banned permanently from T3A:Online. This includes all future ladders, tournaments and the BFME1, BFME2, ROTWK servers.

Randall is also banned (whether or not his ban is permanent is still being decided). Has been annulled.

These bans come into effect immediately.

The tournament will be concluded by the other two semifinalists, fishy vs. J2C2KL.

We would like to thank every honest player who participated and gave us and the other players a great time!

We won't be beaten by this bad experience and we plan to organize new tournaments in the near future. We hope to see you all there, either participating or during the streams!

~ T3A:Online Tournament Team

Edited by ICT, 31 August 2014 - 11:00 PM.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#2 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

What a douchebags.

#3 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

i wonder how a known and pro player can do this !!!

but a question : how did u realize that they've cheated???

what about earlier games?? may they've cheated in earlier games too

Edited by Light, 05 December 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

We were tipped by some players who had compared their IPs. Unfortunately we were too naive when starting this tournament, we hadn't checked IPs ourselves because we did not expect people to be so vile, trying to sabotage us like this. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

can u explain more? IP and cheating? how it's possible?

#6 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Xehanort and plqa were the same person.

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#7 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

lol

I thought he has manipulated the bfme

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

What a guy... I dunno whether to shake his hand, or axe him.

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Try both in whatever order you prefer.

#10 vicius

vicius
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

O.O omg

#11 RyanLane12

RyanLane12
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

lol

I thought he has manipulated the bfme

those book club lessons not Paying off

Edited by RyanLane12, 05 December 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#12 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

Those typing lessons not paying off.

#13 IlPrincipino

IlPrincipino
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

This sucks. I feel bad for the tournament team :/ Davedave has always been a douche, but didn't expect this from xeha...I guess davedave either also smurfed or covered xehanort?

#14 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

Their actions are simply childish and selfish and show no consideration for the people who legitimately competed and this kind of behaviour can not be tolerated.

But their stupidity shouldn't put a damper on everyone else's fun so I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the new finals match and the next tournament.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#15 feary

feary
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

welcome to the world of the bfme community. I would have been shocked if this tournament would have gone through smoothly to the finals with all games played, nobody cheating etc. That's why many people over at gamereplays lost interest in organizing tournaments.

#16 Orange

Orange

BFME Online

• Project Team
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

do not ban Randall for this, a warn should be enough.

love is the closest thing to magic
Posted Image
Clanwars Awards: 14x Gold 9x Silver 2x Bronze as Hermione , Gil-galad , Murtagh` and Skyfall

#17 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

This is not a thread for discussing the verdict. We believe he's attempted to deliberately sabotage our tournament and for that he's banned. Unlike the other two, his ban is not likely to be permanent.

I'm locking this thread, the news has been delivered.

#18 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:32 AM

After a year and a half we are willing to unban Xehanort, in the spirit of fresh starts. Xeha, if you agree to this deal do me a favor and send me a pm listing your additional Revora accounts (saves me time) and I will lift the ban. Only use your first Revora account afterwards and don't cause further trouble. If you or anyone else feels like trying, you/they will find we have expanded our banning tool arsenal substantially.

Thanks, hf & play fair!

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#19 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:07 PM

For the record: Your decision is clear to us. You will stay banned as you wished and remain excluded from our Revora projects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users