• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

I didn't understand one thing.

When you kill the Gollum and you keep the ring, the gollum appears again?

Because I heard " We just saw him, is Gollum" after getting the ring

EDIT: Split from topic in Heroes / SEE GreatGoblin

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 April 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

For the love of... please try to take the time to understand how the forum works before you post, or you will be ignored.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

Yeah. You are right. I'm going to do that.
Thanks for te advise and continue with the good work.

And I'm sorry of the stupid questions.

#4 TulkasTheStrong

TulkasTheStrong
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Location:Somewhere on the moon, maybe on the mars, but very very high
  • Projects:The Silmarillion

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

For the love of... please try to take the time to understand how the forum works before you post, or you will be ignored.

Calm down bro! No need to get mad, especially if someone is not well informed like you. The time you spent to type something like that which only made you look arrogant, you could have spent to help this guy. Ignoring is not arguing.

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

I am calm? Pardon me but with 7 posts you hardly have any aothority to correct anyone on forum etiquette here. I've been struggling with this mod for years, and even though it's nice that people like it, that's not why I'm doing it - that's just a bonus. Fiddling with a huge forum like this takes time from modding, and it takes more time when people don't even bother to post logically. It doesn't require much thought to take a wild guess that a topic about a specific model is not the place to ask questions about the mod in general. There is a reason we took the time to organize this forum. Once activity was crazy with 50-150 posts a day. Now, it's dead calm, but it could it grow again as mod activity rises, so we need to keep "order" from start. I understand if it comes across as harsh, but it's not meant that way. I've also gotten my own share of corrections from others over the years ;p One must cope with that if lingering at a rather big forum like this.

Posting at random though, can come across as arrogant if you expect an answer. Now, I think Pedro took it galantly and will problaly post in the right place next time. Not sure why you need to take up arms for his sake though?  :whatoa:

Answering your question Pedro: The version of SEE that you have (4.5) is no longer being worked on, or supported. I havent played it for years. We're working on a new version and I hope the problem you have will be gone in this version. Any further discussions on this, please post in the Bugs department.

Edited by Nazgûl, 27 April 2014 - 09:14 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 TulkasTheStrong

TulkasTheStrong
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Location:Somewhere on the moon, maybe on the mars, but very very high
  • Projects:The Silmarillion

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

So I increase my reputation by bombing this forum with multiple posts? And even tho you are not right, I shouldn't say anything in that matter. Did you write a bill of rights for this forum? So I can't, oh man what am I... Just... Yeah well then... Good luck with your life!

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

So I increase my reputation by bombing this forum with multiple posts?

Certainly not. Spamming is one of the reasons I asked Pedro to observe his posting. You don't get "reputation" by spamming. but you get respect and friendly answers by posting in an orderly fashion. Riding around on high horses trying to tell others how to manage their subforums is not the way to get popular. Try the same thing in another subforum, and I'm pretty sure you'll get the same or a very similar reaction. I know I have.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

Okay cool down. Hehehehe, we were all noobs before we were pros. =p (I posted Minas Morgul in Spam when I started)

I better get back to work on Goblin Town so this fella has a place to live. =D

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

At the same time, though, the sheer number of SEE subforums is going to be confusing for new people (hell, it's confusing for me still). Have you given some thought about condensing them, Naz? I could help you with the technical stuff.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#10 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:32 AM

Why does this happen to Naz? I dont see this going on elsewhere in the forums... Seems to me that maybe the SEE forum could use a consolidation, its a bit of a stretch to think that the SEE mod only attracts people who wanna deliberately antagonize the mods creator. Simplification might thin out some of the confused posters.

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

The reason it's big, is cause we had/have a huuuuge number of topics and posts. Reducing the number of sections for these, wilkl just increse the number of topics in each section. I fail to see how it's hard to naivigate here, and even if you're new, it doesn't require any skills or much thought to undderstand that a post about release dates and general progress is not very suitable in a topic about a specific model... :whatoa:

Edited by Nazgûl, 29 April 2014 - 11:43 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

We're in the age of Facebook and other social media. People are used to posting things wherever they want, it's not neccessarily about skill or thoughts.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

The reason people don't get lost in other subforums is because SEE has around 30 of them, which is close to the same amount the other hosted mods have combined, and a lot of them have overlapping functions. Also remember that forums such as T3A are on the way out; they aren't as popular or widespread as they were in the mid-2000s. Many new people will not be familiar with how these kind of forums work. Therefore a simplified, intuitive layout is very important, and I think the SEE forums can definitely be improved in this regard.

Myself, I get lost in here regularly :p. I remembered I had made a post about these subforums and was looking to see Nazgul's reply, but I couldn't honestly find it again until I saw Lauri posting in this thread just now. 

A lot of the subforums could be efficiently combined:

- SEE News 

- SEE Discussion [Discussion of SEE gameplay, features, requests, re-modifications, etc]

- Support

- Bug Reports

- SEE Development [Discussion of general development; coding, CaH, and whatever else is currently discussed in this subforum]

- Art Development [Combining SEE Vehicles, SEE Structures, SEE CaH, SEE Heroes...]

- Factions [Specific discussion of SEE's factions. No more subforum for each faction. Edit important threads to contain [FACTION NAME] in their title]

- Mapping

- SEE Staff

- SEE Archive [Now invisible to anyone under project team]

The Spam subforum is cut, we have an off-topic subforum on T3A that serves its exact purpose. 

Note that these are just ideas. I'm not forcing anything on you, but as T3A Leader I would really appreciate it if you could give a possible reorganization/simplification some thought. I've recently reorganized the whole of T3A's main subforums, and I think it's definitely paying off in terms of activity and clarity. Also scrolling through your vast list of subforums while moving threads/posts is annoying :p

If you prefer we discuss this in a seperate thread, I can split these posts into a new thread in SEE Development.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#14 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

I like Mathijs' ideas for the SEE forums.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Regardless, it's not nescessary with a rewamp with just a handfull of regular forum users. We can discuss this again, if/when the mod goes on and the public interest grows. At one point in history, the former T3A owner Hostile told me that SEE subforum alone was swallowing like 75% of Revora bandwitdh. Don't think we'll ever get there again or even close as this is an old mod for an ancient game. But if we get anywhere beyond the rather insignificant interest in this mod as of today, I promise I'll give it a real thourough brainstorm.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users