The reason people don't get lost in other subforums is because SEE has around 30 of them, which is close to the same amount the other hosted mods have combined, and a lot of them have overlapping functions. Also remember that forums such as T3A are on the way out; they aren't as popular or widespread as they were in the mid-2000s. Many new people will not be familiar with how these kind of forums work. Therefore a simplified, intuitive layout is very important, and I think the SEE forums can definitely be improved in this regard.
Myself, I get lost in here regularly . I remembered I had made a post about these subforums and was looking to see Nazgul's reply, but I couldn't honestly find it again until I saw Lauri posting in this thread just now.
A lot of the subforums could be efficiently combined:
- SEE News
- SEE Discussion [Discussion of SEE gameplay, features, requests, re-modifications, etc]
- Bug Reports
- SEE Development [Discussion of general development; coding, CaH, and whatever else is currently discussed in this subforum]
- Art Development [Combining SEE Vehicles, SEE Structures, SEE CaH, SEE Heroes...]
- Factions [Specific discussion of SEE's factions. No more subforum for each faction. Edit important threads to contain [FACTION NAME] in their title]
- SEE Staff
- SEE Archive [Now invisible to anyone under project team]
The Spam subforum is cut, we have an off-topic subforum on T3A that serves its exact purpose.
Note that these are just ideas. I'm not forcing anything on you, but as T3A Leader I would really appreciate it if you could give a possible reorganization/simplification some thought. I've recently reorganized the whole of T3A's main subforums, and I think it's definitely paying off in terms of activity and clarity. Also scrolling through your vast list of subforums while moving threads/posts is annoying
If you prefer we discuss this in a seperate thread, I can split these posts into a new thread in SEE Development.