I’m dealing with some game crashes for BFME 2, I do have a mod i'm running but I’d like to isolate the issue if possible. Here is what I’ve noticed:
1. The issue Occurs only late game which leads me to believe it could have to do with special powers, since the higher tiers appear then. 2. I’ve increase horde sizes but the crash occurs at random times, so not when there are large armies, even if there are a few units on screen. 3. I once “ circumvented” the crash by loading an older saved game and somehow it didn’t crash after, and the game progressed smoothly. However for my latest game, loading an earlier save, doesn’t seem to resolve the problem, it crashes within 5-7 mins of reloading. I may try to load to a much older save, about 35 mins earlier to see if there’s an issue. 4. I have a fast PC so it isn’t my PC for sure (AMD Ryzen 3950x 128Gb DDR 4 Memory 3200 and RTX 2080ti, 3440x1440 (if that is relevant))
5. It first freezes for about 10 seconds and then crashes.
I've attached the error message to this post.
Any help or suggestions to isolate the problem would be really really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I also opened the DMP file and this is what it said, if anyone can make sense of if, i'd really appreciate it:
My objective is to achieve additional points in Skirmish mode, to spend on spell book powers. I’ve added a custom power which I want to make very challenging to achieve. So for eg I believe we get 154 or 159 points (max) to spend, so I’ve added the following to Rank.ini but It still stops at 154 and I just don’t get more points.
Please help me understand how I could modify Rank.ini such that I can gain additional points to spend on the spell book.
While it seems challenging i need help refreshing old memories with BFME II. My friends and i were fanatics and played this day and night and now we need a modding expert that would help us get this game up and running and mod it with us and for us, in exchange we would generously reward this "partner".
Here are some of the things we'd like achieved:
1) Getting the game up and running with the ROTWK expansion on WIN 10 successfully.
2) Configuring a Custom Fellowship faction.
3) Adding new hereos like the King of the dead, fully voiced.
4) Designing custom missions and maps.
We'd achieved all of the above earlier, but now, due to a rigorous corporate schedule we don't have the time.
If all of what we need is achieved, we'd pledge $700-$1000 as a donation to this individual partner and we would also have on going requirements for him/her. If you have any qualms about the authenticity of this pledge, please know that we've worked with reputed members like Solinx, Ridder Geel, Pixel and Lauri in the past and have donated to this community in exchange for mods. Some of these reputed members would be endorsing this post so as to vouch for us.
Thank you and we look forward to positive responses.