MapMirror is a tool to mirror part of an existing RA2 map (and possibly other games, untested), the idea is to take the pain away from creating symmetrical maps. It is nowhere near complete (maybe 15% done).
What is implemented:
- Some of [IsoMappack5]:
- LAT tilesets, MiscPaveTile, PavedRoadEnds, RoughGround, DirtRoadSlopes, PavedRoads, Medians, RampSmooth, PavedRoadSlopes, WaterBridge, RampBase, ClearTile, RoughTile, BlackTile etc
- ShorePieces (except the last two odd shaped pieces)
- BridgeSet (ground to bridge junctions mirrored in V only)
- Many cliff sets (mirrored in V only)
- [Terrain] (note this is a naive mirror, poles and signs keep the original orientation)
- Overlay (including ore, gems, walls, bridges etc. 95% of the overlay elements)
- Starting locations
How to use:
It's a commandline program, so you'll need to use the commandline. If you're a complete novice try this guide.
See readme and program help for help, or post here. If the link dies let me know. It's now in a state where usable albeit less detailed symmetrical maps can be created. As it stands it could be used to create a symmetrical foundation that the user finishes manually.