bfme2 animations bfme1 compatibility

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 NDC

NDC
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 11:58 PM

Another reupload! An improved set of hobbit animations is added!

#182 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,042 posts
  • Projects:Blue Wizard Mod
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:13 PM

Awesome! Was planning on adding them soon. :)

Out of curiosity, do you also have plans to add the Dwarven Banner Carrier as well?

26285.png

#183 NDC

NDC
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

You're welcome! Glad to be timely!
Good point - I should look into those to wrap dwarves up!

#184 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,042 posts
  • Projects:Blue Wizard Mod
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:40 PM

Maybe it'd make sense to first check if the BFME2 animations work already in BFME. I could check that soon unless someone else has done that already?

26285.png

#185 Dickenson

Dickenson
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Projects:best of - mod

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:30 AM

Maybe it'd make sense to first check if the BFME2 animations work already in BFME. I could check that soon unless someone else has done that already?

Some time ago I have checked all animations from dwarven faction. Only Gloin, Dain and Battlewagon should work, If i remember correctly. But I am not sure. I can check it over the weekend. 

#186 NDC

NDC
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:35 PM

Some time ago I have checked all animations from dwarven faction. Only Gloin, Dain and Battlewagon should work, If i remember correctly. But I am not sure. I can check it over the weekend.

Thank you! Not to worry: I've set my W3D recorder up to ignore all BfME1-compatible animations anyway!

Edited by NDC, 23 May 2020 - 03:36 PM.

#187 NDC

NDC
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:44 PM

No quarantine or lockdown comes between the Nazgûl and their prey! Black Rider is now uploaded!

The drums will shake the castle walls
The ringwraiths ride in black, ride on!

Now, as this set is the only one on the list marked 'edited', I felt it was worth adding a brief explanation.

I've always had a very soft spot for the Ringwraiths - to the point that I wasn't stopped from recreating the set for an on-foot version of a Nazgûl by hand (it had been some time before this conversion project started). And so, when approaching the animations for the Black Rider version, at first I was thinking of just adding sleeve movements to the Gondor Knight animations (which are exactly the ones used by the Black Rider, up to a scaling factor), but then I got carried away by my fondness a bit and threw in a few of my own. I know that technically that doesn't make what I uploaded a true conversion, but I wouldn't do that if I felt that my additions aren't in any way good enough. I hope that you agree.

As I had to edit the skeleton to add the sleeves' flowing, the archive contains a model for which I edited rigging a bit so that the sleeves actually follow sleeve bones. It is not too fancy, but can be used to have a look at the animations in W3D Viewer. Included is also a mounted model of the Mouth of Sauron, who uses the same skeleton as the Black Rider, and thus had to be re-rigged accordingly.

Edited by NDC, 28 May 2020 - 10:26 PM.

#188 NDC

NDC
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:43 PM

If it was the 8th of October, I could link the new upload with the International Octopus Day - as it is though, it's just the Watcher, a cleaned set as usual!
Enjoy!

Edited by NDC, 29 May 2020 - 11:46 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bfme2, animations, bfme1 compatibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users