• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:32 AM

Hey cool! I'm so happy for you!

Nazgul, take as much of a break as you need, NJM and I are helping out with AotR at the moment while you take your break. We are covered while you are away. I will say to you, please make sure your family is first. =D

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#22 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

I second the family first notion. However that doesnt mean you abandon the things that bring you joy.

Congratulations are in order, and let me tell you youre in for a ride. Beautiful child you have there.

#23 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

Thanks guys :)

We'll I really don't want to abandon SEE so my plan is to finish the remaining models this summer, as I am free from work june, july and august. So when the baby sleeps during daytime, and when wifey is at work, there's perfect time for modding. I have already been gone for months and while being away others drop off as well, like NDC that was a crucial help for my models. Luckily Valheru seems to be still round though. So yeah, I will carry on whenever I can. I have invested 10 years into this, so I will not give up, ven though family comes first off course  :trickydick: 

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#24 Pavey(Thrandy)

Pavey(Thrandy)
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:Nothing
  •  Toilet

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

Well that's one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! Congrats duuude! :D

'We Fixed the Thrandy bug.Don't reimplement the Thrandy bug,Pasidon.' - Dunedain Ranger , RiderOfRohan

#25 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

You'll yearn for any silent modding break you can get ;).

Congratulations, enjoy the wonder of life!

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#26 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:39 AM

Holy smokes the years go by fast...  :omg: this is crazy. I started in 2006, and now it's like another ice age has passed. I wonder if I'll die of old are before I ever get to see another SEE out  :whatoa:

Anyways... I miss modding and the community, but life just took me in another direction I guess. These days my little nazgûl is my precious, and during these first 1,5 years of his life I haven't had any chance to hang around here, because when I do, I find it harder to stop the urge to mod  :smile2ap: The first 6 months of his life was just a never ending cycle of feeding, sleeping and changing diapers and catching whatever little sleep we could have ourselves. After that things got even more hectic as he started to crawl and eventually walk and run. Now, most of our home is locked, taped, blocked or in some way secured from his little curious fingers  :thumbsupxd: I love being a dad, but it is SERIOUS work, ALL day from dawn 'til dusk. And at night you're just completely beat so I often pass out way before my regular bedtime, lol. 

However, since a little while back he started preschool. So when I have scheduled days off from work and my son is in day care I get a little chance to sometimes do some modding work. I have no idea anymore if I will ever get a playable version of SEE out there, or if there's still anyone left from the old fellowship who is willing to help me out with this never ending project - but it's still fun to carry on in whatever little time I have.  :whatoa:

I will post some modeling updates very soon... featuring more of the Gundabad Soldier Orcs, Berserker Orcs and War Trolls...  :thumbsuphappy:

20v0wzt.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 16 August 2018 - 11:40 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#27 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

Nazgul, it is fantastic to see you again! =D

And your little bubbsy looks healthy and just perfect for a King of Men. =p

I'm so glad that in education that I get to miss out on all the hard work of looking after babies. ;)

If you ever want to join a very active and popular modding Fellowship there is The Age of the Ring, which has essentially become the best of Rhovanion Alliance, Dwarf Holds, Horse Lords, Tactics with SEE mappers NJM and I. There is some movie stuff that I know won't make it in the game because of our unit artists, but I am hoping for the mega Hobbit campaign that we have planned. I could see how you could join in if that is something that you are interested in?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#28 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

Hey buddy, nice to see you again as well =)

I see that you have been promoted to Staff. I think that's appropriate indeed (just as I should perhaps be classified as Undead, having spent 12 years in here, lol). I also noticed you joined Age of the Ring mod. Not sure if that's a spin off from Mathijs Shadow and Flame or if it's the Horse Lords mod gone to the next level. But it sure looks great, as it should with such a team. I hardly have any tome for my beloved SEE, so I wouldn't be a useful member of such a company. However, I'm as always very interested in trading assets.  :thumbsupcool:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#29 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:10 PM

I still lurk around also, not sure if I should also be classified an Undead guy at this point lol.

I'm very happy to hear your life is going very well and that you are a happy father. I also went through some of your dad stuff from an observers perspective with my nephew (he's almost 4 years old now). And now that we're all trading life events, I'm also marring in 10 months. Hope it's not a mistake...

Modding wise, my work has been real slow, tho I'm pretty proud of what I have achieved lately. One reason is that I got involved in a lot of personal projects, pretty dedicated to my job, and maybe a thing that might turn in a Startup? Most of these being made as a team so, of course is way more motivating to work in a team. The other reason being that I constantly have some weird health problems which makes me hard to concentrate.

I'm still working on the oldie mod RC MOD, alone, in the dark... if I think about it, at this moment it's kinda like you said it, dunno if it ever will reach light but it's good to work on it when you can. However I'm pretty determined to get what I worked on these years out.

Somehow I'm happy that you returned, lurkers should hang together. :ninja:

#30 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:24 PM

I am so happy whenever anyone finds love! And certainly, in this case, I am very happy for you, Nazgul!

-

Also, best of luck on your future Gimli model too!

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#31 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:45 AM

I also noticed you joined Age of the Ring mod. Not sure if that's a spin off from Mathijs Shadow and Flame or if it's the Horse Lords mod gone to the next level.

It's sort of both, actually :p

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users