• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 motishow

motishow
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

The fix worked for me , thanks

In the TUTORIAL 1 i think is normal the black blocks om sides, at the missions you won't have that black blocks

#22 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

Hi I downloaded this and the resolution fix, I have 1920x1080 monitor, GPU: R7 260oc, the menu looks nice but I'm currently doing TUTORIAL 1 I have black blocks on sides....

Is this cause that's just how the tutorial is or did it not install correctly?

Also TUTORIAL 1, how do I equip the grenade from inventory and throw at soldiers? I tried different keys to no avail.

Regards,

For tutorial is normal... Don't worry.

#23 sleepinsun

sleepinsun
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

i don't get it to run

I did a fresh installation of the gog version (english / v2.1.0.16)

i installed the english v0.9 of this mod

it's instantly crashing before coming to the main menu

system: Win10, 64bit, geforce 1080gtx, native desktop resolution 1920*1080

1) tried deleting ddraw.dll

2) tried deleting dxgi.dll

when i use another .exe (vanilla or nightingales mod) it runs, but the menu is totally screwed of course because of the resolution.

#24 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

i don't get it to run

I did a fresh installation of the gog version (english / v2.1.0.16)

i installed the english v0.9 of this mod

it's instantly crashing before coming to the main menu

system: Win10, 64bit, geforce 1080gtx, native desktop resolution 1920*1080

1) tried deleting ddraw.dll

2) tried deleting dxgi.dll

when i use another .exe (vanilla or nightingales mod) it runs, but the menu is totally screwed of course because of the resolution.

Version 1.0 of my mod will be compatible with gog version.

Edited by stankan, 08 June 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#25 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

is it possible that the english version has italian manual ingame?

#26 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:53 AM

Oh, it was an oversight. It is easy to fix. It's necessary the "manual.txt" file of the English version to be copied into the "interfaz" folder. Someone who has the original file may attach it here? Thank you.

#27 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

Oh, it was an oversight. It is easy to fix. It's necessary the "manual.txt" file of the English version to be copied into the "interfaz" folder. Someone who has the original file may attach it here? Thank you.

I just deleted it from the interfaz folder to make the game read it from the package file. Thanks for the info and for your work, this HD compatibility make the game worth playing again.

#28 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

Also sucks that for multiplayer need to make a extra shortcut with the line -multienable for it to work, maybe could re-enable with hex editor or something. Just been playing with a freind and seems to all work fine even at high resolution though which is good

And here is english manual.txt:

http://www.mediafire...9pfd/MANUAL.TXT

Edited by Robb, 28 April 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#29 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:29 PM

Blessed you for yours hard work. I've faced tons of problems on my Win7 PC, resolution crashes, graphical malfunctions and... game misbehavior. It's a new challenge, textures and etc.

I would like a workaround for Destination Paris, but that I can live with.

When we're at it, I wanna hear your input on my logo edit I just wrapped for primarily wallpaper use on my logon-screen (back in the old day I had decorated my now dead WinXpsp2 computer with various commandos cursors, click-sounds, animations, all that; still paranoid for it), plus for my tiny games blog. Loving fancy stuff so I often make banners, profile pictures for myself while I am inspired. I try to improve my skills that can cost me hours of hours experimenting, which explains the 'hour-upon-hour' work basis lol. If I need to rate myself, I'd say I am still amateur (but I love putting myself to the limit).

WIP still, if stankan likes it, It would be pleasure to give him the full-res logo to use in future versions.  I can provide versions for all the games so the mod menus can strike out and shine. I had missed the opportunity to learn to mod Commandos, sadly I can only do that for the time being.  I wanted to help for the other games, however the lack of abilities makes me hate myself. Commandos always has been a part of my mind and I just couldn't resist spending my spare time on overhauled logo. For the lack of any game stuff on the internet. this is the least I could come closer to the original logo aesthetics (not saying I am pro or anything).

EDIT1: hmm...do not mind the typo there.did not even notice I wrote Examplary than exEmplary zzzz...

Attached Thumbnails

• comm2hdprj_logo_remake_z68.jpg

Edited by Zakxaev68, 08 February 2017 - 12:25 AM.

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

#30 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Ok i've found out you can use nightingales exe with this mod without it looking screwed up.

What you need to do is put:

INT      SCREEN_WIDTH          1280  #             In-game Screen Width
INT      SCREEN_HEIGHT         960   #             In-game Screen Height
BOOL     FIX_MENU_RESOLUTION   TRUE  # Change menu resolutions too

Into VAR.DAT inside the DATA folder, this way the menu and game will have the correct HD resolution still, any further resolution is done by the DGVOODOO config.

So I tried to incorprate all the mod features to DP using this method.

But the biggest issue with using this on DP is all the new mission intros and cut scenes are designed for 640x480, so all the briefings and new videos from DP look tiny in the corner, but other than that it all seems to be fine.

Edited by robb, 12 February 2017 - 11:43 PM.

#31 missan

missan
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

thanks for the good work 

Is there a solution for playing in French?

I am sorry for my English

#32 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

thanks for the good work 

Is there a solution for playing in French?

I am sorry for my English

You can make backup of "sonidos" folder of french version and copy it on the "data" folder after the mod installation. Texts will be in english but audio will be in french.

#33 missan

missan
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:43 AM

thank you very much stankan 

#34 scientist08

scientist08
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Hi stankan,

I accidentally found your project and wanted to try it, but it's not working for me. I have the steam version which has legacy and a "compatible" version for W10, but the last one is not working on my W10 x64 PC (only if I'm renaming some files which I think are the startup videos). I installed your version on both legacy and new one. I'm getting either an error or a black windowed screen that loops the main menu sound. Please help :(

#35 Loney974

Loney974
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Hi stankan,

Thank you very much for your work to make this incredible game perfectly playable on modern setups.

I am running the GOG version and as long as I can tell, your mod works fine (launching the game with the new exe "Commandos 2 HD Project.exe").

I'm just facing a minor issue: the manual is in Italian while I have installed the English version of your mod. I'm sadly not as fluent in Italian as in English so it would be very much appreciated if you could fix this bug.

#36 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Loney, you must download last version 0.9.1, where the manual and other bugs and crashes are fixed or you can download english manual posted here in this link: http://www.mediafire...9pfd/MANUAL.TXT

#37 OverlordCZ

OverlordCZ
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Loney, you must download last version 0.9.1, where the manual and other bugs and crashes are fixed or you can download english manual posted here in this link: http://www.mediafire...9pfd/MANUAL.TXT

Hello. I found your mod on the steam community hub yesterday. I'm using your latest version 0.91 English and I downloaded the manual.txt and I still have Italian language in the game book (where you have mission goals and secondary objectives etc) in italian). I have steam version of course. Is there any other way how to get the English?

#38 Loney974

Loney974
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

Hello stankan, I tried, but as for OverlordCZ, neither of these solutions worked for me. Thanks for planning to fix this.

Edited by Loney974, 29 April 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#39 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

Hello. I found your mod on the steam community hub yesterday. I'm using your latest version 0.91 English and I downloaded the manual.txt and I still have Italian language in the game book (where you have mission goals and secondary objectives etc) in italian). I have steam version of course. Is there any other way how to get the English?

Update: Language issues fixed on v.0.9.2

#40 Niserox

Niserox
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

Update: Language issues fixed on v.0.9.2

Hi, this patch almost fixed the issue, the objectives are now in English. 

However, when you click on an objective to get more information about it, its still in Italian.

Here's an image detailing what happens after I click on the "Take the wirecutters" objective on Tutorial Mission 1: http://i.imgur.com/RArklle.jpg

Edited by Niserox, 29 April 2017 - 06:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users