Concepts for New Units - Share your own, purely for fun

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Battle Bee

Battle Bee
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

I thought "Hey, I have this neat idea that I want to share but it's not exactly something that would fit into the actual game. I wish there was a place for non-suggestions."

So, here's a place for sharing any fun unit/building ideas you might have. Describe what they look like, what they do, and even come up with quotes and backstories for them if you so desire.

Not for actual, fleshed-out suggestions, just interesting concepts you might have come up while dreaming, bored, etc.

#2 Battle Bee

Battle Bee
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

I guess I'll start with mine - I even made an official looking introduction for it: The Ragnarök Chrono Gunship

jc72I0Y.png

Here's a unit that I thought would fit the bill nicely as an Allied epic unit. It's got everything the Euro Alliance likes; support, experimental designs, big aircraft and chronospheres.

The Ragnarök, when "built", chronospheres into the battlefield above your Air Force HQ.

While idle, the Ragnarök flies in a circle. It also circles around its targets like a real gunship would. Its cannons are sort of like the Zephyr's weapon, although not as extreme, doing massive damage to vehicles but not as much to structures. They also have a bit of splash damage. 

The autocannon can target air as well as infantry, and it's about as effective as a Sentinel in terms of AA capability.

Unlike the Quickshifter or the Chrono Legionnaire, the Ragnarök can be ordered around immediately once it teleports. It does need to wait a little bit before actually teleporting, though. 

It would probably be the precursor to the Foehn Revolt's Harbinger, so it ties into the plot somewhat!

Edited by Battle Bee, 11 February 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#3 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

I guess I'll start with mine - I even made an official looking introduction for it: The Ragnarök Chrono Gunship

jc72I0Y.png

Here's a unit that I thought would fit the bill nicely as an Allied epic unit. It's got everything the Euro Alliance likes; support, experimental designs, big aircraft and chronospheres.

The Ragnarök, when "built", chronospheres into the battlefield above your Air Force HQ.

While idle, the Ragnarök flies in a circle. It also circles around its targets like a real gunship would. Its cannons are sort of like the Zephyr's weapon, although not as extreme, doing massive damage to vehicles but not as much to structures. They also have a bit of splash damage. 

The autocannon can target air as well as infantry, and it's about as effective as a Sentinel in terms of AA capability.

Unlike the Quickshifter or the Chrono Legionnaire, the Ragnarök can be ordered around immediately once it teleports. It does need to wait a little bit before actually teleporting, though. 

It would probably be the precursor to the Foehn Revolt's Harbinger, so it ties into the plot somewhat!

Ew. Just sliiiiiiightly OP

#4 FerrokenFibrous

FerrokenFibrous
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

jc72I0Y.png

Well, the Harbinger lacks Chrono tech of any sort, and was already undergoing development by the Pacific Front before China attacked them. Also, the Allies already sort of have a "Flying Epic" in the form of the Paradox Engine (although it is a Campaign-exclusive unit).

#5 Battle Bee

Battle Bee
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

snip

Well, the Harbinger lacks Chrono tech of any sort, and was already undergoing development by the Pacific Front before China attacked them. Also, the Allies already sort of have a "Flying Epic" in the form of the Paradox Engine (although it is a Campaign-exclusive unit).

There's only one Paradox Engine though, unlike the Centurion or the Irkalla. And like you said it's campaign-exclusive.

But yeah, seems the Harbinger thing doesn't make much sense.

snip

Ew. Just sliiiiiiightly OP

The warp-in time is placed before the teleport instead for the Ragnarök. I'd say that balances it out, because you can't get it out immediately if shit hits the fan.

Edited by Battle Bee, 11 February 2017 - 04:34 PM.

#6 Sven Co. Op

Sven Co. Op

Knightframe "Custom" Suit Pilot

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  The Few, The Proud, The Foehn

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

I thought "Hey, I have this neat idea that I want to share but it's not exactly something that would fit into the actual game. I wish there was a place for non-suggestions."

So, here's a place for sharing any fun unit/building ideas you might have. Describe what they look like, what they do, and even come up with quotes and backstories for them if you so desire.

Not for actual, fleshed-out suggestions, just interesting concepts you might have come up while dreaming, bored, etc.

For a minute there I thought this was a copy of my thread, but after going through it, I'd say it's already what you wanted, a non-suggestion page for random ideas inspired by MO.

"I had normal life, till the day our thoughts got clouded in a dark shroud. My home was destroyed, then they found me, or rather, I found them.

#7 Battle Bee

Battle Bee
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

For a minute there I thought this was a copy of my thread, but after going through it, I'd say it's already what you wanted, a non-suggestion page for random ideas inspired by MO.

Yours seemed more for roleplay, though, rather than putting basic, standalone ideas out there.

#8 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

I have made this suggestion before but, since there is a special thread now for unit suggestions, I see no harm repeating it:
Quantum Bomber, an euro alliance barracuda replacement. It looks like the TIE Bomber from Star Wars and generates an anti matter energy field that creates a black hole. Black hole(in the form of a black maelstrom on land) slowly devours units nearby. It does decent damage to buildings as well. Created by Steinstech based on Einstein's theories of modern physics. What's different from Barracuda is that it has got universal immobilizer effect (inf+units) and longer lasting area of effect as well.

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 13 February 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#9 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

A friend really wanted this unit in for some reason: Brute elite. A brute that used to wield an incredible amount of willpower. Due to this, they are not driven insane by the mutation process. Most Brute elites are under strict mind control, but some who had pledged themselves to Yuri had been given full control. They serve as frontline commanders to other Brute battalions and also as a ranged commando unit as their now massive build allows them to carry impossible amounts of armaments. T3, unlocked after cloning labs, cost 2000, limit 2. Can deploy to cease firing and increase the speed and durability of all Brute units around. Also has the secret ability to attract Lolis to their sides.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#10 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:31 AM

A friend really wanted this unit in for some reason: Brute elite. A brute that used to wield an incredible amount of willpower. Due to this, they are not driven insane by the mutation process. Most Brute elites are under strict mind control, but some who had pledged themselves to Yuri had been given full control. They serve as frontline commanders to other Brute battalions and also as a ranged commando unit as their now massive build allows them to carry impossible amounts of armaments. T3, unlocked after cloning labs, cost 2000, limit 2. Can deploy to cease firing and increase the speed and durability of all Brute units around. Also has the secret ability to attract Lolis to their sides.

Sounds like Rahn, except he costs cheaper and while intelligent, is very aggresive

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#11 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

I'd love Coronia to be a unit. 

SKY GUARDIAN CORONIA

Cost: $ 5000 

Speed: 5

Hitpoints: 2500 (like an MCV)

Armor Class: Heavy Aircraft

Prerequisite: Cloud Piercer + Expansion + Coronia Launch Bay

Purpose: Unit Production, Knightfall Beacon

Weapons: Sonic Emitters (4x), Pressurized Battery (4x) Tempest Beacon

GAMEPLAY:

An enormous floating fortress rivalling that of the Irkalla. This is the mobile headquarters of the Wings of Coronia and their last trump card. This massive airship is a huge windspin engine, constantly manipulating the winds allowing it reach seemingly illogical speeds. Any units with Windspin engines receive a speed boost near the Coronia and any Foehn air units will benefit as well. 

Equipped with one of the two largest nanofabrication plants (the other located in the Last Bastion), the Coronia also acts a war factory, allowing the Wings to construct fleets of Pteranodons, Alanqas, Quetzals, and Buzzards in the midst of a battle. When a Coronia is on the battlefield, Harbingers can be built as their own separate units ($3000 each). Finally, the Coronia is the source of Knightfall drops, so Foehn commanders can instantly deploy infantry near the Coronia. 

The Coronia can defend itself from air with its mounted sonic emitters and destroy any tank battalions with its several pressurized batteries. In truly desperate times, the Coronia can send its windspin engines into overdrive, creating a massive tempest that dwarfs the Alanqa's hurricane. This tempest easily throws tanks, aircraft, and infantry alike into their doom. Be advised though, this tempest can endanger Foehn units as well. 

#12 Battle Bee

Battle Bee
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:27 AM

I'd love Coronia to be a unit. 

SKY GUARDIAN CORONIA

Cost: $ 5000 

Speed: 5

Hitpoints: 2500 (like an MCV)

Armor Class: Heavy Aircraft

Prerequisite: Cloud Piercer + Expansion + Coronia Launch Bay

Purpose: Unit Production, Knightfall Beacon

Weapons: Sonic Emitters (4x), Pressurized Battery (4x) Tempest Beacon

GAMEPLAY:

An enormous floating fortress rivalling that of the Irkalla. This is the mobile headquarters of the Wings of Coronia and their last trump card. This massive airship is a huge windspin engine, constantly manipulating the winds allowing it reach seemingly illogical speeds. Any units with Windspin engines receive a speed boost near the Coronia and any Foehn air units will benefit as well. 

Equipped with one of the two largest nanofabrication plants (the other located in the Last Bastion), the Coronia also acts a war factory, allowing the Wings to construct fleets of Pteranodons, Alanqas, Quetzals, and Buzzards in the midst of a battle. When a Coronia is on the battlefield, Harbingers can be built as their own separate units ($3000 each). Finally, the Coronia is the source of Knightfall drops, so Foehn commanders can instantly deploy infantry near the Coronia. 

The Coronia can defend itself from air with its mounted sonic emitters and destroy any tank battalions with its several pressurized batteries. In truly desperate times, the Coronia can send its windspin engines into overdrive, creating a massive tempest that dwarfs the Alanqa's hurricane. This tempest easily throws tanks, aircraft, and infantry alike into their doom. Be advised though, this tempest can endanger Foehn units as well. 

I'd love to fight that in an Epsilon mission.

Edited by Battle Bee, 18 February 2017 - 06:28 AM.

#13 Scud

Scud
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Location:Last Bastion civilian refugee, Buenos Aires, Argentina
  •  Haihead's low rank commander

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:49 AM

"Also has the secret ability to attract Lolis to their sides."

PEDOBRUTE

EVERY REVOLUTION BEGINS WITH A SPARK...

#14 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

Rear Admiral, 17th Imperial Fleet

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Projects:MO Wikia, Fan Fiction Works on AO3, Tiberium Cruentus
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

Possibly the craziest one I had was this: the Chrono Orb.

Think of it as a large-sized sphere that floats up high in the air, a unique Allied support vessel derived from stolen Epsilon/Yuri tech. While it's unarmed, it's main purpose is to debilitate enemy forces and provide relief to embattled Allied forces. Using unknown methods of temporal displacement, the Chrono Orb is capable of generating a time distorting field in a target area, greatly slowing time for any hostile units caught in the field. Friendly units who enter the field instead gain a significant boost to their movement and attack rates, allowing them to counter large concentrations of enemy forces in what seems to be a few seconds. In spite of its fearsome power, Chrono Orbs still require time to recharge between field generations in order to effectively support Allied troops.

Of course, you can expect this piece of equipment to be both fragile and really expensive.

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

AO3: https://archiveofour...vericklaw/works

#15 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  Robot In Grease, BURRRAH

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

Possibly the craziest one I had was this: the Chrono Orb.

Of course, you can expect this piece of equipment to be both fragile and really expensive.

Nice idea right there. But it looks very dangerous, handle with care folks!

#16 kenahk

kenahk
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

First of all, compliments for the great mod, I had some ideas for the Epsilon faction that I would love to share;

-Since Scorpion Cell uses chemical mixtures, I would love to see a mobile fast missile platform which would fire chemicals that would immobilize and slowly damage a single vehicle. Sort of like the blob cannons in the Incredibles.

-A chemical trooper for Scorpion Cell, short range but absolutly lethal to infantry.

-A missle battery unit which would launch multiple missiles and create a cloud of acids and poison which slowly damages all units that move through it.

-A tank for epsilon headquarters that can fire a single blob of anti armour acid which spreads into multiple blobs of acids on impact. This way this tank can also be used to create a minefield.

-A tank for epsilon headquarters which which can fire a parasites into enemy tanks (similair to the terror drone), it has a incredible slow reload and the parasites will eventually die.

-A tank for epsilon headquarters which can create a field of aggresive algea which slowly eats away living tissue and armour and that actually increases the spread of the goo. If it's not deployed to spread aggresive algea and actually attacking an enemy tank or infantry, the ammount of damage it deals will increase over time because of the ammount of aggresive algea increasing.

-A tank for psicorp which uses the basic initiate attack against infantry or tanks, but also has the capability to deploy and initiate a psychic blast.

-An artillery tank for psicorp, which when deployed has the same mindread capability as the psychic sensor and increased accuracy because of the mindread capability.

-A tank for psicorp which is called the beserker which results into enemy units which are attacking each other.

#17 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Manta Sub: A deep sea submarine for allies. When ordered to move into a distant location (just like drillers etc.) It disappears and says: Crash Dive! Crash Dive! and appears in the distant location in some time (just like chrono leggionaires) which makes them vulnerable to attack. It can also carry one or two seals inside and uses torpedoes (or guns) that makes the same effect as the mirage tank (read:anti-unit) it is much ineffective against structures due to already available destroyers. It pretty much looks like manta ray.

Option two: It doesnt carry seals inside but when deployed it starts to freeze the water nearby and makes hostile naval units unable to move.
Perhaps Solais will like this idea :D
Since allies do not have any decent submarine unit, I tought this would be interesting.

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 19 February 2017 - 05:19 PM.

#18 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

Yeah to be honest, I kinda wished if all 4 sides did a different take on naval units. Originally, it was that Allies got ships, and Soviets got submarines, in RA1. Then in RA2, Soviets suddenly got ships too. Same in MO, now Epsilon seems to be the submarine faction, but even Foehn got one. Hell, Foehn's naval force I feel is very lackluster, feels like a copy of Allies.

I kinda wish if they were more different. One side could be all amphibious, one can be ship based, another submarine based, and then maybe some fourth version... Similar to the Jackal Racer, "hover" ships, that are not amphibious but can shoot while moving and could move backwards as well.

Edited by Solais, 19 February 2017 - 05:35 PM.

#19 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

Btw, I also hope that the new Nautilus uses the good old "Deep Sea Vessel Standing By" quote of that famous boomer ;)

Edit: Tesla ships would be nice too, I guess they were available in RA3

Lets put it in that way, a multirole naval unit that utilizes the weaponry of the vehicle(or the infantry) it carries. Like tesla ship, prism ship based on the faction and whatever it carries. Just like an archon, stryker or tigr at sea. (Another idea)

Yeah, all navies should have their own take on naval units. Unlike having a faction navy solely based on subs, surface units or amphibs. But of course they should not be the clone copy of each other and also solely based on one type of naval warfare as well. But I must admit that a navy based on subs perfectly fit for the epsilons "covert" nature.(we seem to disagree at this point a bit just to elaborate the discussion :))

Just like all the other areas of combat in MO, the naval combat also carries traces of the origins of factions. For instance Allies have the moat diversity on their land arsenal, so one should expect a well balanced navy too. For soviets, mainly a land attack-brute force faction, should have a less sophisticated navy, for the espilon, a navy that packs a strong punch with a deception twist, for foehn, usage of advanced tech by all means.

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 19 February 2017 - 05:59 PM.

#20 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

A naval IFV would be interesting, but the problem is how to get the units inside it. Maybe like the transports in RA1, that units can enter it when they are near the shore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users