LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

Open up the menu to select a hero and click on their name and then press the first letter of their name. If you search for it you should be able to find out how to use your custom hero.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#62 LittleCritter

LittleCritter
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:26 PM

I've been thinking about Arwen being a more useful supporter heroe, faithful to his lineage, bc i don't feel that she isn't enough being the unique daughter from Elrond, one of the elven Lords more powerful from Middle Earth in the Third Age, Galadriel's grandaughter & Lúthien's great grandaughter. So, these are the changes what i suggest for her:

Spoiler

PS: I think that the elven units, except veterans of las alliance,  from Rivendel Dormitory should cost 100 resources less.  I guess that their prices are that much to symbolize that there were less elves than other races, but i find them a bit expensive.

Edited by LittleCritter, 17 October 2019 - 09:16 AM.

#63 Three Elven Rings

Three Elven Rings
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:12 AM

Círdan idea 2.0

Rivendell Library

….

Rank 1: Elven Medicine: A Compendium  - 700

Authored by Elrond himself, this book is essential material for those wishing to learn the secrets of healing. Unlocks Fatty Bolger and Farmer Maggot from the Eriador Encampment.

Allows Bree-Land, Dúnedain, and Hobbit units to heal when outside of combat.

Rank 1: Reflections Upon the Battle of Dagorlad - 2000

A collection of writings on the Battle of Dagorlad. Timelines, battleplans and poetry, gathered by Valandil, son of Isildur.

Unlocks one battalion an additional battallion of Last Alliance Veterans to be recruited from the Dormitory or Círdan from the Fortress.

Círdan -1500

Defender hero, with light armor and fast attacks.

Rank 1: Elvish Engineering

Sauron, having revealed himself in the destruction of Eregion and empowered by the One Ring he had forged, invaded Eriador in the same blow, however, he dared not attempt to take Mithlond or Lindon, fearing they were too strong.

Círdan grants armor (+125%) to nearby allied structures.

Rank 2: Great Journey

Cirdan was the most skilled elf, he building ships during the Great Journey. During the push westward seeking to go to Valinor.

Círdan gain +200% vison range for a short time.

Rank 4: Call of the Belegaer

After the defeat of Sauron and the coronation of Aragorn II Elessar, Gandalf, Galadriel, and Elrond left for Valinor from the Grey Havens. The Ring-bearers Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins accompanied them to Valinor.

Círdan's wisdom temporarily decreases cost and build time of Elf units.

Rank 7: Master of the Grey Havens

After the War of the Last Alliance and the death of Gil-galad, Cirdan ruled over Lindon from the Grey Havens. Throughout the Angmar War, the Elves of Lindon under Cirdan supported Arnor. They assisted Arveleg and the men of Cardolan drive off the Hill-men from the Weather Hills. Later, with Círdan’s help, Arveleg's young son, Araphor, drove Angmar's armies from Fornost and the North Downs.

Summons a battalion of Mithlond Warriors. At rank 10, summons 2 battalions.

Mithlond Warriors

Rank 1: Double-blade spear /Bow Toggle

Rank 1: Song of the Sea

Temporarily gains increased armor and movement speed nearby friendly units.

White Council Observatory

During the last battles of the War of the Ring, Lórien was reportedly besieged three times by the armies of Dol Guldur. After Sauron perished, Galadriel threw down the walls for Dul Guldur and laid bare its pits.

- Dreadful as the Storm: Galadriel create a breeze rolls over the gound and all units and heroes within the target area are thrown into the air.

OR

Powers

… 

Tier 3

Nowë: Summon Círdan the Shipwright

Círdan

Rank 1: Elvish Engineering

Sauron, having revealed himself in the destruction of Eregion and empowered by the One Ring he had forged, invaded Eriador in the same blow, however, he dared not attempt to take Mithlond or Lindon, fearing they were too strong.

Círdan grants armor (+125%) to nearby allied structures.

Rank 1: Great Journey

Cirdan was the most skilled elf, he building ships during the Great Journey. During the push westward seeking to go to Valinor.

Círdan gain +200% vison range for a short time.

Rank 1: Fall of the Falas

Círdan remembers that Morgoth attacked Falas. The elves fought valiantly, but the walls were broken and most of the people killed or enslaved.

Temporarily gains attack bonus.

Rank 1: Call of the Belegaer

After the defeat of Sauron and the coronation of Aragorn II Elessar, Gandalf, Galadriel, and Elrond left for Valinor from the Grey Havens. The Ring-bearers Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins accompanied them to Valinor.

Círdan's wisdom temporarily decreases cost and build time of Elf units.

Rank 1: Master of the Grey Havens

After the War of the Last Alliance and the death of Gil-galad, Cirdan ruled over Lindon from the Grey Havens. Throughout the Angmar War, the Elves of Lindon under Cirdan supported Arnor. They assisted Arveleg and the men of Cardolan drive off the Hill-men from the Weather Hills. Later, with Círdan’s help, Arveleg's young son, Araphor, drove Angmar's armies from Fornost and the North Downs.

Summons 2 battalions of Mithlond Warriors.

Mithlond Warriors

Rank 1: Double-blade spear /Bow Toggle

Rank 1: Song of the Sea

Temporarily gains increased armor and movement speed nearby friendly units.

White Council Observatory

Gandalf arrived in Middle Earth in the third century to help his people fight against Sauron. He was the only wizard to fulfill his duty and devoted more than two thousand years of his life in Middle-earth to the task he had received from Valar.

- Mithrandir: Gandalf gives the targeted allied units gain invulnerable to attacks.

#64 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:15 AM

it would be an excellent idea to add Cirdan, so more canon characters could be implemented, it would be more complete clearly!

#65 SonOfMorr

SonOfMorr
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:53 PM

My idea for Cirdan is similar to idea that "Three Elven Rings" posted above, but I think significantly different to warrant a read. The only role that is currently not by a different hero would be that of a defensive hero, who buffs and heals structures and increases the defensive abilities of Rivendell through buffs and summons. Every power is based on lore and, to my knowledge, simple to implement. I am not a modder, so balance wise I have no idea if the passive buffs are too weak or too strong, but that can be easily tweaked by the mod team. He would also provide access to some Mithlond units in a way that they don't impose or take place of some already existing units.

Cirdan - 2500

Rank 1: The Firstborn of Cuivienen (passive)
Cirdan was one of the first elves who awoke at Cuinienen, making him effectively one of eldest beings in Middle Earth. Foreseeing that the time of his passing is nearing, Cirdan decides to share the knowledge he accumulated over the years. This is a passive spell, whose effect will increase as Cirdan increases in level. At level 1, Cirdan shares his knowledge of crafting, increasing the armor of nearby structures by 30%. At level 4, Cirdan shares his knowledge of warfare and battle, granting all nearby units an attack bonus of 20%. At level seven 7, Cirdan shares his knowledge of lore and history, increasing the reload times of Hall of Fire's abilities, or prolongs the time the summons remain of the field, whatever makes more sense and is easier to implement. At level 10, Cirdan shares his knowledge of siege, increasing the damage that all nearby units do to structures by 15%.

Rank 3: Master Craftsman 

Basically, the vanilla rebuild power.

Rank 5: Safe Haven

Cirdan invokes a blessing of Ulmo on a fountain, turning it into a safe haven. It's heal rate is increased, units in its area of effect become fearless and alike the draft tower of Rohan, it gets the ability to summon a unit of Cirdan's mariners, a dual spear/bow unit, that remains on the field for a limited time.

Rank 7: Veteran of Countless Battles

Cirdan has fought in almost all the great battles of the past, honing his fighting abilities over the long ages. For 30 seconds he gains 50% damage and armor.

or if you would like to keep all his abilities defense related:

Rank 7: Caretaker

Cirdan has taken many notable heroes in his custody and under his protection and aided them over the long years. When activated on an allied hero, anywhere on the map, the hero is either healed and made invulnerable for a couple of seconds, or teleported to Cirdan's location, whichever you find better. 

Rank 10: Nove, Lord of the Falathrim

Cirdan summons a white tower of Mithlond on a desired location. The tower shoots at nearby enemies and trains Mithlond units: Cirdan's Mariners and the Pearl Guard of Mithlond. Cirdan's Marines would be a dual spear/bow unit, stronger than Dunedain units, but weaker than the Noldor. The Pearl Guard of Mithlond are heavy spearmen with a shield, clad in white armor, the model similar to the one that Nertea made. They would be a hero unit, limited to a single battalion and would be more expensive and stronger than the normal Noldor Spearmen and would have a single passive ability: Guardians of Middle Earth, which would increase armor of all nearby building and units by 10%.

#66 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:08 AM

Yeahh! Cirdan finally!, well in the future....

#67 Esparado87

Esparado87
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:59 PM

Círdan the Shipwright - Summoned, requires White Council Observatory, starts at rank 5, lasts until killed
Rank 1: Nówë
Círdan provides counsel to targeted heroes, who permanently gain a chunk of experience and +10% armor
Rank 1: Ancient Craftsman
Targeted structure is repaired
Rank 1: Messenger of Ulmo
Can be cast on a well to increase its heal rate and provide nearby units with fear immunity
Rank 1: Call of Belegaer
Temporarily reduces cost and recruitment time of Elf units

About Ancient Craftsman power, could it also be able to repair mechanical siege units and boats also (you know... Cirdan the Shipwright)?

Edited by Esparado87, 27 May 2020 - 04:06 PM.

#68 Leod

Leod
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 04:24 PM

Recommendation, In the discord I saw a suggestion of a hobbit custom hero. I think this would be a good addition and It could be used specifically by Breeland encampment or by Rivendell's fortress. It could also just be used by all good factions. The customization would just have color or also powers that are used by all of the other hobbits. The powers to choose would be from Tom Bombadil, any of the Breeland heroes and Pippen, Merry, Frodo, and Sam.

#69 Nerevar42

Nerevar42
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:01 AM

Elladan and Elrohir are never chosen by players. Their powers counter orcs and buff Dunedain, sure, but the fact that they are blocked behind a passive tier 2 is really costly in PP, and that’s probably why people just recruit Halbarad while going for Dunedain, so they can go Breath of Manwë, Old Kingdom or Many Meetings and be more proactive with their tier 2. Honestly, you should do the same as for Easterlings and Westfolders : a good power that unlocks units once used for the first time. Maybe a stun (Dunedain Ambush !) ? Or even a summon of unique Arnor-style Dunedain that can replace Many Meetings (meaning I lack another idea to fill the speelbook, dammit). I think you get my idea anyway : the brothers are just too expensive for what they do, and their resource price isn’t the origin of the problem.

"C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users