Rivendell Faction Plan

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Banksia

Banksia
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

Círdan didn’t carry Narya during the War of the Ring. He gave it to Gandalf when he (Gandalf) arrived in ME. “AOTR: First Age” doesn’t make sense chronologicaly since they are thousands of year apart. Would be like calling a game “Napoelonic Wars: World War 2”.

#42 Dharkus

Dharkus
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:25 AM

Hi Banksia, Indeed!! Círdan gave it to Gandalf, an before that Gil Galad to Círdan.... Gil Galad => Círdan => Gandalf,

Therefore, the 3 were Ring´s Bearers [Narya, not the One], but, it wasn´t  my point, I talk about Círdan was important because he was very helpful in 1rd., 2nd, and 3r. Ages, always from Mithlond,

He was even with Elrond in Mount Doom when Isildur Failed!! [Elrond with Vilya, Círdan with Narya, Isildur the One], only them, no one else.

It was my point about the Círdan´s importance to be a Ring´sHero in the game, [offtopic, Smaug never was a Ring´sHero, but It is in the game]

About "AOTR: First Age Mod", just a joke mate, maybe someday The team AOTR made a Mod about first-Second Age,

just my personal desire, and GilGalad makes sense chronologicaly absolutely in this case.

Salute!

#43 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 417 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:14 AM

Cirdan being a ring hero won't be a thing I'm afraid.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpg

#44 Dharkus

Dharkus
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

Ok  :mellowthumbsup:

#45 The_Nazgul

The_Nazgul
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

@Dúnedain76

I have an idea for Glorfindel's Rank 10 Power that i have been thinking about for past few days.

We all know his backstory.

His spirit passed to the halls of mandos after he killed a balrog with his sacrifice and by the will of valar he was sent back to middle earth for a greater course!

So my suggestion for his rank 10 power is completely inspired by the fact that he sacrificed himself to kill a balrog and he would do such thing again if he had to but of course i tried to make it as balance as i think it should be in game.

1-At Rank 10 : "Willing to Sacrifice"

[Deals a superior damage to an enemy hero -3000 health of an enemy hero but double effect against balrog- Though it achieves at the cost of 60% of his full health, he will die if he has lesser than 60% but still works which makes this power a really good power if he already has lost most of his own health ]

I Know everything is up to you guys and in this case specially Dúnedain but i believe the fact that he did sacrifice himself and he was surely willing to do it again is something to consider.

Thank you, Best regards!

Edited by The_Nazgul, 07 March 2018 - 10:15 AM.

#46 Gil-aglar

Gil-aglar
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:33 AM

Hi guys,

Have you thought about renaming Rivendell's Aragorn to Strider/Estel, owing to the names he used in and around Eriador/Rivendell? Given the level of detail evident in the mod I'm guessing you have thought of it, but decided against it. In any case, I'd be interested in hearing you're reasoning. :)

Edited by Gil-aglar, 13 March 2018 - 10:33 AM.

#47 Mathijs

Mathijs

You ever heard the story about the scorpion and the frog?

• Division Leaders
  • 13,559 posts
  • Job:Leader

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:41 AM

I think the reason we stuck with Aragorn rather than Strider was because of how involved the Rivendell aspect of the faction is. In that context, he would more likely be known as Aragorn. As to Estel... well, a lot of people would think we made some sort of mistake, as they probably aren't too familiar with the name. :p

“The special quality of hell is to see everything clearly down to the last detail.” ~ Yukio Mishima, The Temple of the Golden Pavilion

#48 Gil-aglar

Gil-aglar
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:11 AM

I'd figured as much :) To those people I say stuff 'em; do it anyway! Rivendell remains my favourite nonetheless.

Edited by Gil-aglar, 15 March 2018 - 03:11 AM.

#49 mitsiklas13

mitsiklas13
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

I just want to thank you for all the great work in this mod.

I want if it's possible to add a common feature in rts for skirmish games... peace time!

Thank you!!!

Edited by mitsiklas13, 15 March 2018 - 03:10 PM.

#50 Mathijs

Mathijs

• Division Leaders
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:58 PM

If you want peace time, just play with AIs that are all on your team. ;)

“The special quality of hell is to see everything clearly down to the last detail.” ~ Yukio Mishima, The Temple of the Golden Pavilion

#51 Legs

Legs

Shipwright of The Teleri

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

Or you know, play in sandbox mode.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Utúlie'n Aurë! Aiya Eldalië Ar Atanatarni, Utúlie'n Aurë!

#52 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:35 AM

Hello there

I have a tip for this faction...

I would like to see too much Gil-Galad, because he is a elve, if Gil-Galad had not died in Last Alliance, he had be leader of Rivendell after. I really love this elve, he's so cool. At least like a hero invoked by powers. Cirdan also will be ok.

#53 Three Elven Rings

Three Elven Rings
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:12 PM

HI! :)

I have an idea how to put Cirdan into it.

The Grey Pilgrim could be instead by Narya's Holders.

Once Gandalf appears, once Cirdan.

Their ability would be similar, so you do not have to change a lot.

Gandalf has been in many good factions so it would be varied.

Cirdan abilities:

Rank 1: The Great Sea Heals

Healing nearby friendly units.

Rank 1: Lord of Mithlond

Nearby archers gain +20% range and +15% accuracy

Rank 1: The Strength of Shipwright

Temporarily gains attack bonus.

Rank 1: Tempestuous Sea

Wind blast.

Rank 1: The Last Alliance Power

Nearby friendly units gain +15% speed and +20% armor.

I know Cirdan disappeared, but I'd love to see you once.

Thanks for your work, great game. :)

#54 Mathijs

Mathijs

• Division Leaders
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

Hey, thanks for showing interest! 

Regarding Cirdan: the problem isn't so much finding a place for him, it's that Rivendell already has a lot of content: heroes, units, references, et cetera. It was getting too full, so we removed the Lindon/Grey Havens presence in favor of focusing more on Middle-earth's past (Hall of Fire), the region of Eriador, and Rivendell's own identity as a place of learning and base of operations for Middle-earth's heroes.

That's why Cirdan is gone. That's not to say he will never return, because we tend to go add new content to all of our factions with each new release. He just will definitely not be in Rivendell's first release.

#55 Three Elven Rings

Three Elven Rings
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I'll wait.:D
Keep up the good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users