• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#21 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

NO need to convert them to mp3s!!! Wavs is the best type to work upon.

1] To convert Waves to FDAs (and reverse): http://www.mediafire...Sound_Tools.rar

2] Alternatively, the audio editor of the DoW modding tools AUTOMATICALLY converts waves to fdas,. Just point it to a folders, click play, and ALL waves will also have an identically named fda created.

But yeah, then it requires sometime (10 mins) to put the fdas to folders and create the cons...

Edited by Gambit, 13 September 2017 - 02:54 PM.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#22 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

They are not processed so not sure I will or not as you know, blood angels.

#23 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:35 PM

If you don't have time to fiddle with Audacity leave them to me, at least I can remove unwanted micro sounds or try to do some equalization

#24 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

Nothing beats waking up to find every file you were working on yesterday has corrupted in corsix... grr.

Not only that steam doesn't even think I have soulstorm installed. WTF?!

#25 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:03 AM

Some unaware updating from Steam? I work with the retail offline version. Corsix tends to destroy some lua's, I have noticed the luas in ebps. Better convert them to rgd first.

#26 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

Had to fully reinstall. Set resolution etc. weird.

#27 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

DAMN!!!

That is unfortunate and  yeah... ball's busting.

Bollocks.... :p

#28 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:34 AM

Go out a little, restart fresh and sound in mind and body. Good luck!

#29 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

I don't have time to go out, let alone fuss with this. worst this snow not working again as that file corrupted.... Sigh.

Anyway, the more I look the more ucs needs fixing. Defaulted to potato graphics so need to fix my install.

If anyone can clone me a rally ability that uses gambit's howl sound I would consider this day a win though!

#30 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

If anyone can clone me a rally ability that uses gambit's howl sound I would consider this day a win though!

I WILL!! Consider it done.

Just gimme sometime - you won't believe how much work the merging (bugfix + unification) requires... It is complete now, but I am still checking for minor inconsistencies. None found so far of course :p , but this is serious - better 100% safe than sorry.

So let this ability with the howling to me, today or tomorrow it will be ready.

#31 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

Thanks gambit!

The hardest part I find is designing fresh, fun abilities. All being well I should have cracked the last librarian ability today. Whilst not super crazy they are thematic.

This is shaping up well, it's pretty exciting!

#32 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Are they remotely lore-inspired?

Fury of the Wolf Spirits - The Rune Priest summons up the spirits of the Thunderwolves Freki the Fierce and Geri the Cunning from the netherworld. These Thunderwolves were Primarch Leman Russ's wolf-brothers and constant companions. The Rune Priest sets the charcoal-black spirits of the two most exalted Thunderwolves upon the foe, their eerie howls sending men mad with fear. As long as this power is sustained, the Rune Priest is flanked by two spectral wolves that he may direct against his foes with a verbal command.

Jaws of the World Wolf - The Rune Priest implores the spirit of the world upon which he walks to open its rock-fanged maw, and a chasm cracks open under the feet of his enemies, sending them tumbling to their deaths.

Living Lightning - The Rune Priest cries out to the sky and calls a dancing bolt of sentient electricity down from the heavens. This bolt crackles from the brooding skies, arcing into the ranks of the enemy and grounding on foe after foe until a trail of blackened corpses is left in its wake.

Murderous Hurricane - The Rune Priest bellows an ancient curse and his frosted breath coalesces and grows into a deadly blizzard. Within moments, the Rune Priest's foes are all but consumed in a hurricane of freezing shards, a thousand blades of Warp-forged ice plunging into their flesh.

Storm Caller - The Rune Priest chants an ancient rite that builds into a terrifying crescendo. In the space of a few moments, howling winds and furious blizzards rage about him in a vortex of ice and snow that crackles blue with destructive psychic energy.

Tempest's Wrath - In a fearsome display of power, the Rune Priest calls upon the spirits of wind, storm, and snow, tearing the air with gales and tempests. The Rune Priest brings the rage of the storm to a roaring climax as frost-fingered wind spirits whip those who intrude upon their domain out of the skies and smash them upon the stony ground.

Thunderclap - The Rune Priest slams his armoured gauntlets together whilst shouting a word of power, and the noise is magnified a hundredfold. The resultant thunderclap is loud enough to shatter stone and even liquefy the brains of those nearby.

#33 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

The hardest part I find is designing fresh, fun abilities.

Whoa man, same here.

For Imprisonment, I needed.. TWO days to finish it!

#34 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

Knezekj did a lot of the current models and Torzel the texture changes on others. Finally Knezekj released these other ones which definitely should be into it somehow

http://www.moddb.com...s/wolf#imagebox

http://www.moddb.com...dders-resources

I have to see which I can use in lieu of the current bloodclaws. They look too veteran. 

Edited by Roderick, 15 September 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#35 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

They are remotely lore inspired. They are a bit too crazy to all be in. I have included new models.

#36 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Howl still does not. I wonder what I am doing wrong?

#37 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

1] Try adding _default.rat files, ALL THE way up to the folder I sent.

It seems that if some parent folders do not have it, it does not play.

2] Did you put it in the correct path? I mean that of the entity that actually has the ability?

3] Try seeing into your sound log to see what is wrong, after performing the ability...

By the way, I tested it in-game, and it worked 100% ok for me...

#38 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

Cool, I would like to give a look at them and see what I can do to give more personality

#39 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, it's in the sergeant folder. Rat files everywhere, no error messages... Bah.

#40 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

I am very curious...

Leave it as is, and once you have the next build ready, let me have a look - who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users