NO, NO! I was just saying that we can have teams with ONLY 5 different types of members!
The sizes (how many members) can be as high as we want for ALL members
This is good. However, how does a game define a type of a member? Are types like heavy infantry, infantry, demon, vehicle, hero, or is there a more complex division? If I understood correctly, we could have squads made from diverse members. We could go with a menu which offers all units to the player to create his squad but limits the squad itself on 5 different types.
If we need to code something different, it is STILL doable
But yes, of course, you will be able to use this OUTSIDE Unification if you want.
I can take care of that as well, but for now please let's use Unification.
Sure thing, lets go Unification, and this will be a Unification gameplay mode whatever happens
Brother Kek, we can have a Last Stand version (a sub-wincon if you want) with this!!
Where ALL squads are allies, and we spawn waves that the players should kill
But for now, it is squads VS squads, this is what I was told to code, ... right???
You are right Gambit, however I like this idea of Last Stand with squads, I see you said you can implement it so
do as you wish brother, adding this sub-win condition would add more fun and gameplay as well.
But I would like a Full hero WarGear idea WITH squads, AND Last Stand !! (spawing enemy squads).
In fact, I can have it so that you choose WarGear, JUST LIKE IN DoW2
I think I will ask brother Evil Isador to create for me ... 40 icons in the initial screen!
AND I will utilise brother titlams' (I think I can code an alternative, we do not have to store so many things) save feature, to play from match to match
I like where this is going, maybe, if Last Stand win condition is choosen, wargear could be choosen from the same
menu where player would custom create his own squad. Of course, this wargear would be available only for Last Stand. Pureblood Kill Team would rely on weapon upgrades by capping SP.
... But for Last Stand, I think we need ONLY ONE hero choice per race!
Let's start with that, like in DoW2 Last Stand.
Since the players will be cooperating against the enemies, let's keep the choices to the "primary" commanders
A bit confused, are we going with squads for LS or single heroes?
And while we are brainstorming, would anyone be interested in DoWDOTA
I would be willing to make the map
- Regarding the gameplay, I played three matches, 2 with Tacticals and 1 with Assault. Capping should be made instant, or maybe 2-3 seconds max, it slows down the game too much. Assault marines stomp a bit harder than other two squads, but are not unkillable, I won in the 3rd match with tacticals against assault.
- Moving speed is also an issue, I played on map for 4 players, even small ones, 257x257, and it gets a bit boring because squads move slowly. I can only imagine the bore 512x512 maps would cause. This should be addressed somehow, either through deep strike or something else.
- Combat was basic but satisfactory and the potential of three random abilities and weapon upgrades was clear.
- AI acted adequately. After being broken or loosing to much squad members, it would flee. In my 2nd match I choose Assault marines and chased tacticals across the map because they were unwilling to engage in melee (which was a smart move).
- Resources were adequate for this type of gameplay and after couple of minutes I had enough for multiple reinforcements.
Edited by ZmajOgnjeniVuk, 31 August 2018 - 07:30 PM.