105 replies to this topic

#21 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:54 PM

Excellent.

But I would like a Full hero WarGear idea WITH squads, AND Last Stand !! (spawing enemy squads).

In fact, I can have it so that you choose WarGear, JUST LIKE IN DoW2 :twisted:

I think I will ask brother Evil Isador to create for me ... 40 icons in the initial screen!

AND I will utilise brother titlams' (I think I can code an alternative, we do not have to store so many things) save feature, to play from match to match :twisted:

As I said, EVERYTHING is possible.

Like you brother Kek, I can code ANYTHING !

But I am not good on design...

-In search of Papasmurf...

#22 Unsociallobster

Unsociallobster
  • Members
  • 224 posts
  • Projects:(Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War) Team Thudmeizer mod tester manger, 2D artist and script writer.

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:07 AM

These new game modes can be intense and full of potential. I can see and like where this is going; two modes now Kill-Team Squad vs Squad and Kill-Team Last Stand. Oh man!

Edited by Unsociallobster, 31 August 2018 - 02:13 AM.

#23 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:48 AM

I admit my ignorance since I haven't played DOW2 yet. What is the famous Last Stand?

#24 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

A last stand mod may be better using ua's fully war gear equippable heroes.

#25 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:59 AM

WHOA!!!

It is one of the most pleasing game modes ever!

I have almost TOPPED all heroes (20th level, 1st pass).

Man you have GOT to play it. It is very cheap to buy, and you can do it stand-alone.

Guys, awaiting impressions on OUR Kill-Team game mode (it seem we will add a Last Stand feature too, eventually :p )

Edited by Gambit, 31 August 2018 - 08:00 AM.

#26 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:02 AM

The last standalone (genius). Not tried tau commander or necron overseer.

It's seen as the best thing in dow2.

#27 Leemanruss

Leemanruss
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:26 AM

Excellent.

But I would like a Full hero WarGear idea WITH squads, AND Last Stand !! (spawing enemy squads).

I think I will ask brother Evil Isador to create for me ... 40 icons in the initial screen!

AND I will utilise brother titlams' (I think I can code an alternative, we do not have to store so many things) save feature, to play from match to match :twisted:

As I said, EVERYTHING is possible.

Like you brother Kek, I can code ANYTHING !

But I am not good on design...

that's a good idea brother do it ....u got all heroes from 9 factions and their abilities add more grenades or custom abilities each hero  .wargear is available .hero scar is available   all u need an arena map and spawn waves of enemies preferred (orks .chaos.tyranids if all factions thats super ok) i asked once before a year and yesterday u gave me same answer (we have last stand for retribution) why brother not dow ss it have more heros more factions more possibilities ..100% moddable dow ss is a treasure Brother Gambit .   

#28 Leemanruss

Leemanruss
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

A last stand mod may be better using ua's fully war gear equippable heroes.

that's my man he is reading my mind 

#29 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

Basically from what I can recall, it is a defensive mode with a single unit (hero) controlled by the player, together with other units forming an allied team, against compstomp waves of AI enemies,isn't it? And you need to upgrade progressively the hero?

I am much more purist in terms of RTS and survival it's a beast.

But I like the idea of both types of modes if doable. Not only DOW:SS undermined the player base of DOW3 from the beginning, that now you want to undermine the player base of DOW2 Retribution? :D

Edited by Roderick, 31 August 2018 - 08:45 AM.

#30 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:59 AM

Basically from what I can recall, it is a defensive mode with a single unit (hero) controlled by the player, together with other units forming an allied team, against compstomp waves of AI enemies,isn't it? And you need to upgrade progressively the hero?

Exactly.

And you've GOT to play it !!

#31 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:14 AM

Exactly.

And you've GOT to play it !!

They didn't release a Canoness heroine for it though. :sad:

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#32 Leemanruss

Leemanruss
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

Brother Gambit use (Biffys peril map) as ur center of research it's perfect for Last stand mod we are waiting for  ur first release to see how its going to be .(i am very excited to see this come true )

example:

@orks(warboss.kommando.eavy megaNOB.big mick) OFC ALL MODELS ARE AVAILABLE to use (4 choices) 

@space marines(captain(terminator cpt).librarian. chaplin  OFC ALL MODELS heroes  ARE AVAILABLE to use (many choices) 

@eldar: farseer . autrach .OFC ALL MODELS heroes ARE AVAILABLE to use (many choices)

@choas: chaos lord.sorcerer .obilatorators .OFC ALL MODELS heroes ARE AVAILABLE to use (many choices)

@dark eldar: archon.haemonculus.incubes.

@Necrons:necron lord.overseer.parahia.lord destroyer

@sisters: canoness.confessor .deathcult assassin .avenging angel .

@Tau: tau commander .ethereal. krootshaper .OFC ALL MODELS heroes ARE AVAILABLE to use (many choices)

@IG:General.OgrynboneED. psyker .OFC ALL MODELS heroes ARE AVAILABLE to use (many choices)

Edited by Leemanruss, 31 August 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#33 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:23 PM

NICE assortment!!!

... But for Last Stand, I think we need ONLY ONE hero choice per race!

Let's start with that, like in DoW2 Last Stand.

Since the players will be cooperating against the enemies, let's keep the choices to the "primary" commanders :thumbsuphappy:

The problem is that, putting a new hero in would require SCORES of coding/AI/Implementation/AE whatever :ermm:

Also, I have not played Biffys Peril map. :p

Will look at it (Remember, we need the map to support more players - or I will ask brother K to add support for 8 in all Last Stand Maps!)

Edited by Gambit, 31 August 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#34 Leemanruss

Leemanruss
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:38 PM

NICE assortment!!!

Since the players will be cooperating against the enemies, let's keep the choices to the "primary" commanders :thumbsuphappy:

The problem is that, putting a new hero in would require SCORES of coding/AI/Implementation/AE whatever :ermm:

Also, I have not played Biffys Peril map. :p

Will look at it (Remember, we need the map to support more players - or I will ask brother K to add support for 8 in all Last Stand Maps!)

THIS THE MAP IT FIT AS AN ARENA MAP PERFECT :

Edited by Leemanruss, 31 August 2018 - 04:47 PM.

#35 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

@Gambit

NO, NO! I was just saying that we can have teams with ONLY 5 different types of members!

The sizes (how many members) can be as high as we want for ALL members :twisted:

This is good. However, how does a game define a type of a member? Are types like heavy infantry, infantry, demon, vehicle, hero, or is there a more complex division? If I understood correctly, we could have squads made from diverse members. We could go with a menu which offers all units to the player to create his squad but limits the squad itself on 5 different types.

If we need to code something different, it is STILL doable :grad:

But yes, of course, you will be able to use this OUTSIDE Unification if you want.

I can take care of that as well, but for now please let's use Unification.

Sure thing, lets go Unification, and this will be a Unification gameplay mode whatever happens :)

Brother Kek, we can have a Last Stand version (a sub-wincon if you want) with this!!

Where ALL squads are allies, and we spawn waves that the players should kill :twisted:

But for now, it is squads VS squads, this is what I was told to code, ... right???

You are right Gambit, however I like this idea of Last Stand with squads, I see you said you can implement it so
do as you wish brother, adding this sub-win condition would add more fun and gameplay as well. 

I like where this is going, maybe, if Last Stand win condition is choosen, wargear could be choosen from the same
menu where player would custom create his own squad. Of course, this wargear would be available only for Last Stand. Pureblood Kill Team would rely on weapon upgrades by capping SP.

A bit confused, are we going with squads for LS or single heroes?
And while we are brainstorming, would anyone be interested in DoWDOTA :D I would be willing to make the map

- Regarding the gameplay, I played three matches, 2 with Tacticals and 1 with Assault. Capping should be made instant, or maybe 2-3 seconds max, it slows down the game too much. Assault marines stomp a bit harder than other two squads, but are not unkillable, I won in the 3rd match with tacticals against assault. 

- Moving speed is also an issue, I played on map for 4 players, even small ones, 257x257, and it gets a bit boring because squads move slowly. I can only imagine the bore 512x512 maps would cause. This should be addressed somehow, either through deep strike or something else.

- Combat was basic but satisfactory and the potential of three random abilities and weapon upgrades was clear. 

- AI acted adequately. After being broken or loosing to much squad members, it would flee. In my 2nd match I choose Assault marines and chased tacticals across the map because they were unwilling to engage in melee (which was a smart move).

- Resources were adequate for this type of gameplay and after couple of minutes I had enough for multiple reinforcements.  

Edited by ZmajOgnjeniVuk, 31 August 2018 - 07:30 PM.

#36 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:45 AM

Kill team = a squad, Last Stand = a hero

Yet I think that even a merge between the two modes, a team of single units could also be interesting, like the TT kill team game or the space hulk.

Better to keep simple and one at a time, instead of complicating it more :(

Edited by Roderick, 01 September 2018 - 09:46 AM.

#37 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

...how does a game define a type of a member? Are types like heavy infantry, infantry, demon, vehicle, hero, or is there a more complex division?

There are two types of Heavy Infantry, two types of Monsters/Daemons, three types of Infantry, and one type of Commanders.

A total of 8 (armour) types for "soldiers". There are Builders as well, but  the game does not utilise them.

If I understood correctly, we could have squads made from diverse members. We could go with a menu which offers all units to the player to create his squad but limits the squad itself on 5 different types.

Exactly. BUT I have not looked into a specific SCaR function, that loads up the squad. It may only be able to give you the main entity, and one leader - the other 3 leaders may not be accessible... :unsure:

A bit confused, are we going with squads for LS or single heroes?

It is more like TWO versions, just like brother Roderick said:

Kill team = a squad, Last Stand = a hero

I think it would be best if I were to create the Kill Team first, and the the Last Stand later (as a different Wincondition), based on the first :aarambo:

...would anyone be interested in DoWDOTA :D I would be willing to make the map

Well, there is also the Space Hulk idea brother Shodar has JUST posted!!

So let's short this out. I will post the BIG plan, but note that it is only a SUGGESTION!!!

1] We make the Kill-Team win condition. And PERFECT it. Then...

2] We proceed with Last Stand. This is MUCH more complex. Within our skills of course. But probably.. "Without" our free time!

3] We proceed with the DoWDOTA and Space Hulk Win Conditions.

NOTE: Last Stand, DoWDOTA, Space Hulk will require SPECIFIC maps! They will be Map-Based, like Survival Mode. Kill-Team can perfectly use the existing Skirmish maps of the game.

So, for now,... ONLY STEP 1!!!!!

Keep your ideas catalogued/archived for the other stepa, and we discuss them in due time (if that chance occurs).

#38 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:17 PM

Ok, call it a far shot, but what about doing a similar game but with tanks? :twisted:

I don't know it titans are small enough to fit for motion around a map, but hopefully knights will be some day made and they could also become protagonists in a last stand - like game against armored machines.

#39 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:20 PM

If we get tanks,I want to play around with my Fellblade!

Other than that,the current game-mode is solid.I agree that we should perfect this one before jumping on the rest of the proposed additions to it.

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#40 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:36 PM

You should totally include my scar maps in unification if you want game modes.
Would be fun to make ogre in this engine.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users