69 replies to this topic

#1 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts
  •  OMG I'M MEMBER NUMBER 189

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:15 AM

Well guys iam just in need of some info, about what you want to see in the mod. ;) :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Eradicator

Eradicator
  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:06 AM

Umm... an unnamed TFH fan told me to tell you to implement Canadians as a sub-side or limited units in single player. :p

#3 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts
  • Projects:Infamy!
  •  They've all got it infamy!

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:51 AM

I'm kinda guessing this "unnamed" TFH fan had an online name beginning with E :p
Posted Image
New Tutorial Online Now!! Check it out!!

#4 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 12:35 PM

First, I'd like lots and lots of infantry from you Mongoose! ;)
I'd like each nation to have their own distinctive infantry units, I don't want everyone have to have the same set of infantry units. If there'll be infantry units that'll be universal for all nations, I want it to be the riflemen, submachine gunner and anti-tank, that's all. But as for paratroopers, flamethrowers, snipers, commandos, etc...they ought to be nation specific.

Second, I'd like stationary units (that can be towed if possible) of the following:
1. long range artillery
2. anti-tank guns
3. anti-air guns

Third, I want the civilian buildings to have a half-torn debris, like the ones you see on WW2 movies where bombed civilian structures are not fully destroyed, but half of it is only standing (for eye candy purposes actually :p )

Fourth, I want to get bitch-slapped all the time with the Brutal AI :p . I want it to cheat on money, air strikes every 3 minutes, tanks and infantry rush every 6 minutes, heavy bombing raids every 5 minutes with all I've mentioned.

Fifth, an option to disable the teamcolors with an added optional file.

I'll think of some other things I'd like to be in TFH. :)

Edited by Indigo, 23 July 2004 - 01:13 PM.

#5 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:03 PM

I want to get bitch-slapped all the time with the Brutal AI :p .

LOL!!! HAHAHA ;)
Posted Image

#6 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:22 PM

Also I want all the infantry units to be resized to a realistic scale. I wouldn't want a heavy tank, say a Tiger to look like a tankette because of 10 ft. tall soldiers. :p

And maybe strictly only for the Soviets, maybe they can be scripted to make the AI attack with hordes of infantry units along with vehicles/armor. I mean for example, if the AI for all nations will attack you with 8 tanks and 20 infantry units, I would like the Soviets' AI to attack with 8 tanks as well but with 40 infantry units! ;)

Edited by Indigo, 23 July 2004 - 01:24 PM.

#7 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:26 PM

Well, we could do that, but half those soldiers wont have weapons...
Posted Image

#8 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:31 PM

but half those soldiers wont have weapons...

Hmmm, 'Enemy at the Gates'? :p

No seriously, why is this, Killa? Technical scripting stuff or for balancing?

#9 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:02 PM

yea, kiddin :D
Posted Image

#10 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 02:16 AM

First, I'd like lots and lots of infantry from you Mongoose! ;)
I'd like each nation to have their own distinctive infantry units, I don't want everyone have to have the same set of infantry units.  If there'll be infantry units that'll be universal for all nations, I want it to be the riflemen, submachine gunner and anti-tank, that's all.  But as for paratroopers, flamethrowers, snipers, commandos, etc...they ought to be nation specific.

Second, I'd like stationary units (that can be towed if possible) of the following:
1. long range artillery
2. anti-tank guns
3. anti-air guns

Third, I want the civilian buildings to have a half-torn debris, like the ones you see on WW2 movies where bombed civilian structures are not fully destroyed, but half of it is only standing (for eye candy purposes actually :p )

Fourth, I want to get bitch-slapped all the time with the Brutal AI :D .  I want it to cheat on money, air strikes every 3 minutes, tanks and infantry rush every 6 minutes, heavy bombing raids every 5 minutes with all I've mentioned.

Fifth, an option to disable the teamcolors with an added optional file.

I'll think of some other things I'd like to be in TFH. :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well i hate to tell you this but, all that is already planed to be done. :dry:

Hmmm, 'Enemy at the Gates'? 

No seriously, why is this, Killa? Technical scripting stuff or for balancing?

No he is right they wont but the ones that don't have wepons can be built alot cheaper than men that do have wepons puls they can fist fight if they have too. and yay they can also pick up rifes and MG guns if they want too.

Edited by Mongoose, 24 July 2004 - 02:19 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:26 AM

Well i hate to tell you this but, all that is already planed to be done.

Goodie! :D

No he is right they wont but the ones that don't have wepons can be built alot cheaper than men that do have wepons puls they can fist fight if they have too. and yay they can also pick up rifes and MG guns if they want too.

Ah ha! Just like the GLA Technical! :dry: Very sharp guys! But will the unarmed Soviet soldier be able to pick up weapons only from their comrades or from the enemy/ally as well?

#12 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:38 AM

I'll be summarizing many advanced aspects and concepts of ZH scripting in the TFH AI. I probably won't increase the cheat money.. with a bit of luck I'll even remove it if it is effective enough.
If I get the chance I'll even implment another idea: Dynamic AI's for specific machines. I'll make some kind of computational action and repeat that over and over again, if this machine gets in done in <amount of time>, the AI will switch to computationally powerful or less powerful mode. Thus, if you have a slow PC, you'll get a good AI but without much lag. If you have a powerful PC you'lll get a very powerful AI hehe.

All in all you should be defeated very ruthlessly :D
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#13 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:24 AM

Ah ha! Just like the GLA Technical! Very sharp guys! But will the unarmed Soviet soldier be able to pick up weapons only from their comrades or from the enemy/ally as well?

From others maybe as well. but that will take a lot of work.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:35 AM

Not really a lot of work, just have to give every infantry unit a create crate module and that's it..
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#15 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:12 AM

All in all you should be defeated very ruthlessly :dry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Music in my ears! :D

BTW, I kind of don't fancy tech structures for a WW2 setting...oil derricks, reinforcement pads, hospitals and machine shop. For example the hospital, it just doesn't look real enough for me to have your troops auto-heal when they're 10 miles away from the hospital...personally I don't like them but what do you have in store with regards to this?

Maybe when you capture oil derricks, they become another sort of a supply dock where you gather oil drums from here, and your war factory production speeds up? I don't know...what do you guys think would be a perk for oils?

#16 [SA]Hauptmann

[SA]Hauptmann
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 02:01 PM

Cheesy Generals abilities like "Chancellor Address" which repairs units a bit , and "Blitzkrieg" which enables them to move and attack faster for a short time. :D

Edited by [SA]Hauptmann, 24 July 2004 - 02:02 PM.

#17 Commissar

Commissar
  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:32 PM

Hi!!

Let me congratulate the development team for the exelent job on this mod!! its simply the best total conversion i have seen!! the infantry units are great, detailed and the weapon sounds are realistic!! i can recognise de sounds from the real weapons!!! i advise to plan the voices of the units carefully, because "blietkrieg II" sucks at it!! another thing, why russia isn't planned for the first release?? i mean japan?? they didnt participate in the war against germany... but all of you are making a really great job!! can't wait to have the final release!! oh and.. since russia is planned for a second release, make it cool, with the "for motherland" stuff!! its my favorite faction of them all!! it has style!! along with germany.

bye!!

"1 death is a disaster.... 1 million is a statistic!!!" <--- Joseph Stalline

#18 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:37 PM

Comrade Commissar, I must say just like you, I'm big fan of TFH and recognize the respect that is due to the team. But we would deeply appreciate it if you refrain from making ill comments or even mentioning about Blitzkrieg 2 in these forums. People here, especially the team, had enough of having disagreements against them for some small matters. Everything is quite peaceful now between them, so I think it would be better to keep it that way. :)

I hope you understand what I'm implying and my apologies if I somehow offended you Comrade Commissar. :)

Ok, now back on topic...

I would also like for Japan to have a Pearl Harbor style of bombing as a special skill/superweapon. Lots and lots of Zeros swarming at the enemy that will be enough to cover around 3/4 of the enemy base area. But this type of aircraft that will be used for this one must not be buildable so there'll be a bit of variety and different flavor within the Japanese side. :laugh:

#19 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:47 AM

I would also like for Japan to have a Pearl Harbor style of bombing as a special skill/superweapon. Lots and lots of Zeros swarming at the enemy that will be enough to cover around 3/4 of the enemy base area. But this type of aircraft that will be used for this one must not be buildable so there'll be a bit of variety and different flavor within the Japanese side.

^_^ First level of japan is pearl harbor and they will get a gen point that floods the base with zeros and achi vals.

why russia isn't planned for the first release

To make you want more. :) But they maybe is some german Missons. ^_^

Let me congratulate the development team for the exelent job on this mod!! its simply the best total conversion i have seen!! the infantry units are great, detailed and the weapon sounds are realistic!! i can recognise de sounds from the real weapons

:) :laugh: :wub: thanks.

make it cool, with the "for motherland" stuff!! its my favorite faction of them all!! it has style!! along with germany.

I can tell you that we are puting alot of thort into our sounds. So i hope they are going to be good for you guys. ^_^

Edited by Mongoose, 25 July 2004 - 12:48 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 03:38 PM

First level of japan is pearl harbor and they will get a gen point that floods the base with zeros and achi vals.

Hmmm, I take it that there'll be three levels for that one. Can you go into detail with this one Mongoose, like how many will be the planes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd level? And as for the Stuka, how many will it be for all levels as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users