Photo

Do you want Generals Challenge taunts in Skirmish?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want Generals Challenge taunts in Skirmish?

Do you want Generals Challenge taunts in Skirmish?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:32 AM

I've been thinking about making a ZH SkirmishScripts.scb file with the generals challenge taunt sounds for every general. That's roughly 500-800 sound files to play, so it won't get boring very quickly.

Edited by Mithril, 04 August 2004 - 02:07 PM.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#2 Akkrand

Akkrand
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:00 AM

Would it be possible to have it in such a way that it could be imported into a SkirmishScripts.scb? 'Cos otherwise I'd never be able to put it into my AI, unless their was some way of doing an automated merging of 2 scb's; unlikely I think.
Just a thought, otherwise it becomes something that you can have instead of an improved AI, as opposed to something that any AI coder can import into their AI. Code reusability and all that jazz.

Cheers,
Lord Akkrand

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:03 AM

Yes, and make it react like the real thing, like in the challenge or something, maybe even by the F keys... for some, of course not all

#4 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 05 August 2004 - 01:38 AM

Would it be possible to have it in such a way that it could be imported into a SkirmishScripts.scb?  'Cos otherwise I'd never be able to put it into my AI, unless their was some way of doing an automated merging of 2 scb's; unlikely I think.
Just a thought, otherwise it becomes something that you can have instead of an improved AI, as opposed to something that any AI coder can import into their AI.  Code reusability and all that jazz.

Cheers,
Lord Akkrand

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Theoretically there might be a way to merge two .scb files. I'm going to look into the format a bit more, and see if I can find a way to make it work. I don't have a lot of time right now, but I will see what I can do in the future.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#5 Akkrand

Akkrand
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 06:00 AM

Hey mastermind if you're gonna look into the format and you get that far, I would find it extremely useful to know how you parse it;
I could make something that transforms it into plain text and back, that would make some scripting so much easier; imagine being able to easily copy and paste a bunch of scripts, then search and replace on them so they work with a different faction...

Cheers,
Lord Akkrand

#6 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:12 AM

Uhm.. if you modify the .scb's from the challenge maps, deleting all mission specific scripts and similar things, you can import it cumulatively into your usual .scb
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#7 Akkrand

Akkrand
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:20 PM

Cool.

Cheers,
Lord Akkrand

#8 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 09:47 PM

WOW! :D

This would be amazing cool :p)) Cause i like the Gameplay of the Challenge, if you destroy something and the Gen yells at you :) This should be in Skirmish too, yeah :) And you should be able to press your own Taunts, just for pushing your inner Ego :p In that way, Skirmish Battles would be a lot more interesting and funny as well :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users