red alert 3 unveiled!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Guest_Sharki_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sharki_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:17 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I'm terribly sorry, but that's how it is. Confirmed by Westwood, TD is from Soviet Victory, RA2 is (obviously) from the Allied victory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NOD started as a single small terrorist group that acted in the third-world countries in the middle 20st centuary. When kane revealed himself for the first time to the media as the self-porclaimed leader of the group, more and more unannomus Terrorist groups joined the Brotherhood (mostly Arabs) as he used he's charisma abilities. That's stickin to text from the TS menual book. Its also confirmed by westwood.

#62 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:53 AM

Actually I can see how the RA breaking the universes could make since... and as for the foundation of GDI and Nod, check this page all the information is correct as I created it and double checked it with the manual. (I got most of the info from the manual)

as for kuncan and EA... they fired him, or he left right before the merger if I can recall correctly. I'm not sure what he has been doing since... I had a friend that met him, and I planned to do the same, however they shut down the Vegas offices when the merger took place and I was never awarded the chance. ( i was also planning on beta testing for Westwood during summer months, again denied by EA)

Edited by the_kid, 11 February 2005 - 04:54 AM.

#63 Guest_Guest_sharki_*_*

Guest_Guest_sharki_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:50 AM

Actually I can see how the RA breaking the universes could make since... and as for the foundation of GDI and Nod, check this page all the information is correct as I created it and double checked it with the manual. (I got most of the info from the manual)

as for kuncan and EA... they fired him, or he left right before the merger if I can recall correctly. I'm not sure what he has been doing since... I had a friend that met him, and I planned to do the same, however they shut down the Vegas offices when the merger took place and I was never awarded the chance. ( i was also planning on beta testing for Westwood during summer months, again denied by EA)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait a second. In your page you wright that GDI was founded in October 12 1995, while in the TS menual there's a confidential archive that dated on Jenuary 19, 2030. Forward on there's a data on past conflicts.
I qoute: "GDI, today the most powerfull military force organization on earth, was founded
45 years ago[b] as a last act of the primary defence enitiative of the United Nations".

that in simple math means that GDI was founded in
1985[B],not 1995.
Please explain yourself.

#64 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:02 PM

TD manual. Personally, I think TD's manual is more believable on the part of GDI's origin. Besides, it says that it's made as a reaction to Nod - which revealed itself in 1995.
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#65 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:36 PM

TD manual. Personally, I think TD's manual is more believable on the part of GDI's origin. Besides, it says that it's made as a reaction to Nod - which revealed itself in 1995.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never saw the TD menual book so I belive you. WWS has a gap hole in the C&C storyline.

#66 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:29 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait a second. In your page you wright that GDI was founded in October 12 1995, while in the TS menual there's a confidential archive that dated on Jenuary 19, 2030. Forward on there's a data on past conflicts.
I qoute: "GDI, today the most powerfull military force organization on earth, was founded
45 years ago[b] as a last act of the primary defence enitiative of the United Nations".

that in simple math means that GDI was founded in
1985[B],not 1995.
Please explain yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

would you like me to send you the manual... I can upload it when I get home... Its like 1 - 3 megs or something like that. I'll check the internet first to see if I can find an existing copy, so i don't have to upload mine.

#67 Guest_Guest_Sharki_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sharki_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:03 AM

would you like me to send you the manual... I can upload it when I get home... Its like 1 - 3 megs or something like that. I'll check the internet first to see if I can find an existing copy, so i don't have to upload mine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sure thanks. Sharki_E@hotmail.co.il

#68 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:12 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rad somewhere that westwood started to work on Generals and it gave the first announcment of the game being developed. Then the company got fired.

So could it be that maybe it was supposed to be a c&c sequal but released unfinished, or remodeld by EA. Am I correct?

#69 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:29 AM

Yeh correct.
but after reading EA claim the sage is powerfull i think RA3 will be pice of crap.

#70 Guest_Guest_Sharki_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sharki_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

Yeh correct.
but after reading EA claim the sage is powerfull i think RA3 will be pice of crap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think EA did to westwood a surt of thing called "Chue & Spit", didnt they?

Bought them then fired them (and owned the rights on C&C).

#71 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 13 February 2005 - 02:36 AM

EA has had their name on C&C titles since RA.

EDIT: i sent you the manual, but i uploaded real quick, so if it don't work, or you didn't get it, post here and I'll upload it to the site to download.

Edited by the_kid, 13 February 2005 - 02:42 AM.

#72 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:59 AM

ok, it apparently didn't send properly... you can download it at:

http://gmail.google....0209b4b53102899

forgot to login (o.0)

Edited by the_kid, 14 February 2005 - 01:01 AM.

#73 Vader6

Vader6
  • Project Team
  • 232 posts
  • Projects:TheCentauriCrisis

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:27 AM

Generals was originally going to be another game "Set in the Command and Conquer universe" Aka Tiberian Twilight. Then 911 came, and EA busted into the office and said "WERE TAKING TEH GAME IN A WHOLE NEW DIRECTION!!" and whenever later generals was released instead.
Posted Image
Vader6- The Centauri Crisis Skinner/Concept artist

#74 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:04 AM

if they overhauled the engine majorly it could work ( the guy behind early concepts of renegade 2 showed the engine could look good) but EA are slackers in game development.

GDI could have been operating in 1985 but under that secret op name.

Edited by Allied General, 17 February 2005 - 11:06 AM.

Posted Image

#75 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:22 AM

If by a major overhaul you mean 'diss Sage and use a totally different engine', it could work. Sage is a piece of crap, it was when Gen came out, it certainly is for BFME.

About GDI, wasn't Black Ops 9 GDI's predecessor?
- SoulReaver

#76 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

yeah that was it.

I thought BFME looked pretty good,

what graphics engine would u use?
Posted Image

#77 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:05 PM

I'm not really into engines and such, but I do know that Rome Total War uses skins that are 16 times larger, models that have twice the amount of polygons and there are roughly 10 times as much units as BFME. BFME's screens are deceiving BTW, the skins used on official screenies are 4 times as big as those ingame, AFAIK.
- SoulReaver

#78 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:20 PM

yeah i have Rome Total War the graphical effects in that game do look amazing but the style of gameplay is a bit too hardcore.

Basically you demand bigger models with far more detail on the graphical side rite?

The zoom feature should also maintain the detail.

Also why does BFME need higher minimum specs :)

Edited by Allied General, 18 February 2005 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

#79 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:29 PM

Also why does BFME need higher minimum specs  :)

Because although the SAGE engine can be pushed hard, it simply isn't as good as the RTW engine.

Same thing with D3 and HL2; HL2 has a lower minimum spec, even though it does as much or more than D3.

#80 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2005 - 03:01 PM

Let me say this:
Cnc Red alert 3 will have 4 sides...uncluding yuri and 1 new.
the game itself continue after ra2 with logical continuetion.
all info is not official but reasonably was true few years ago when westwood still were in existence.

can show source but it is in russian language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users