#1 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:14 AM

Hey all, Robot Storm mod asks for multiplay map creators, you may use TX (Terrain Expansion) if so wish to create your dream maps and submit them for the mod to feature in the upcoming public beta!

You may of course not use TX, so choice is all yours and additionally we have need of following:

Also we are looking for any capable mission scripter for our planned campaign since got quite a couple maps made but lack good scripters so if interested get in touch, thank you!

and if any of you are good with 2d art such as icon making for finishing and improving remaining work, it would be greatly appreciated if you would help out!
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:52 AM

Apollo,

I'm guyver3212 from cnc-files and I wanted to let you know that I have posted your latest news on our site to try to get you some help as well.

#3 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:35 AM

thanks, it is appreciated and if cnc-files like mirroring mod when release that'd be ok too. :grin:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#4 Guest_DeathDeso_*

Guest_DeathDeso_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:18 PM

Hey, Apollo. I'm DeathDeso, I like what your doing here. I myself am currently attempting to get into making mods. yours looks great and I can't wait for it to come out. me and a pal of mine are making a map, that you may like. It's currently incomplete but it's coming along great, it's a full land, air, and sea battle. We will submit it to you when we are done buiilding it, and I also got some ideas for your mod, that I have found most interesting that no one has done yet. I make my own custom map mods. I've found that wheny you make all infantry units except for Tanya, Yuri Prime, Boris, and the Navy Seal garrison buildings it makes the game much more interesting, it also makes it harder, yet more so fun. I've done this myself. It makes you be able to defend your base a little better because units are better protected, but still do their attacks. Just thought I'd let you know. I usually make Snipers, Desolators, Guardian GI's GI's Conscripts, Chrono Legionaires, Virus, Testla Troopers ( Shock Trooper ) and Flak troopers, yuri clone, and yuri's troops.. I also increase the Soviet bunkers to 10 instead of 5.. just thought I'd let you know some of the ideas that I've found quite successful and haven't been done yet. If you want any more ideas or to contact me period my e-mail is acelin101@wwdb.org Good luck with the MOD and I'll help you out in any way I can. Hope I've been some help to you.. Laterz,
DeathDeso

#5 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts
  • Projects:Life
  • Division:Art & Design
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

i also like the idea of more troops being able to garrason buildings but only basic ones like gi,ggi,maybe sniper,conscript,tesla trooper,initiate and virus (because yuri doesnt have very good fire power). If you put units like yuri clone then it kinda sucks because... well you will see.

the increasing the soviet bunker capasity to 10 instead of 5 is ok but a little over the top, mabye from 5 to 6 or 7 but then increase the cost of the bunker.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:49 PM

thanks deathdeso, and to respond to the infantry idea..It has been incorporated long time ago and I agree :p

and those ideas sounded interesting so I would like to hear any you have :D
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#7 Guest_DeathDeso_*

Guest_DeathDeso_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:26 PM

Well I'm glad you enjoyed those ideas. I've been looking at units for a while now, and checking out the ballance in each teams advantages and weaknesses. As we all know. Allies focus on " Chrono " Soviet " focuses more on Electricity and Radation AKA Nucular. and Yuri.. that's obvious. Mind Control and BIO. but 1 inballance I have noticed and seen... I fight with teams all the time against allied. is the allies always have vehicles to garrison and are able to shoot out of, or use as transportation where as Yuri has 1, and Soviets 2. Allies also have advantages in air strikes. AKA Planes, and rocketeers. Although their own air def. is not all that great. To even out soviets and Allied, I added in the Cosmonauts on the soviet teams, and made it so yuri's AAA guns and tanks were cheaper and more effective to air, as well as increasing the build speed of them and also upped the speed of their Hover Disks and gaves those the ability to shoot down air units. I myself, actually prefer the soviets because of my Desolators. Which I am always using. guarasoning them, decreases their range, however it makes them about 25% more base def efficient, against infantry, snipers can't rush in and shoot them if they are. I saw what you were doing in your MOD, I must say I am quite impressed with how you got it. you worked with radiation and chrono as I was earlier talking about. but another suggestion would be to create more units that can be boarded and have the abilities to shoot out of the unit. such as the BF or Battle Fortress does. I've actually tested doing things such as this and found it to quite interesting, but 1 thing I still haven't developed is a unit for yuri that can fly, if you were to take my suggestion and use cosmonauts and rocketears, I would suggest doing something no one else has done, make a robot unit or drone that hovers in the air such as a rocketteer does. that's a few of my other ideas, I'll just give mod ideas off to you, because the most I know how to do, is edit the units, and make the units work in that fassion on a map, wrather then getting it to work on a program it's own. I'm always thinking up things, so if you need ideas, or want suggestions, just look me up. e-mail address is acelin101@wwdb.org keep up the good work, can't wait for your mod to come out, I can tell it's going to be very good, I've tried various mods so I know what's good. well good luck, DeathDeso

#8 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:10 PM

Well, I'll clear up incase you think I kept the mod as YR addon mod..I didn't..the old screens showing those YR units are really old now and current mod is an fancy conversion with new sides however I do work on making YR better as well but thats my secret YR:warzone mod atm, on which I will release more info when it has had way more work done to it. :)
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#9 DeathDeso

DeathDeso
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:01 PM

well that all sounds neat. I'll be around, I joined up too. OH btw, I have a friend that hates it when nuclear tanks blow up and leave radiation, I like it cause well... .I'm DeathDeso, but what would happen, if there was an allied tank that shot a chrono wave out as it blows up instantly erasing infantry and momentarily freezing tanks, unless there was enough explosions to actually erase them... was just an idea. I'm gonna try it out myself, I'll let you know how it is.

DeathDeso

[QUOTE][COLOR=blue]DeathDeso: [COLOR=green]Taste the bitterness of your mortality.

#10 DeathDeso

DeathDeso
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:01 PM

well that all sounds neat. I'll be around, I joined up too. OH btw, I have a friend that hates it when nuclear tanks blow up and leave radiation, I like it cause well... .I'm DeathDeso, but what would happen, if there was an allied tank that shot a chrono wave out as it blows up instantly erasing infantry and momentarily freezing tanks, unless there was enough explosions to actually erase them... was just an idea. I'm gonna try it out myself, I'll let you know how it is.

DeathDeso

[QUOTE][COLOR=blue] DeathDeso: [COLOR=green] Taste the bitterness of your mortality.

#11 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:07 PM

temporal doesn't work with spread warheads but idea is cool if a little generals however death weapons = freedom league style.
Posted Image

#12 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:36 PM

yeah true what AG said, oh and deathdeso..try come up with some nice avvy..the nuke sign is so darn obvious :unsure:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#13 DeathDeso

DeathDeso
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:33 AM

yeah, it's a little obvious, but it works, can't figure out how to enter my own pictures in. I edited a desolator picture, did some new things to make it my own... but it didn't exactly work.. online.. so yeah...

So I hear other people have the same ideas too.. heh heh heh.. who would of thought.. I guess it must be a good idea then. well take it easy,

DeathDeso

#14 Guest_Guest_Diesystem_*_*

Guest_Guest_Diesystem_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

When youve chsoen your scripters apollo let me know.. they amde need to talk to me on msn if they need more help scripting err my maps... (dont touch em boys :p)

Die :)

#15 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:52 PM

Die, login ya fool! :) Where've you been this past forever? Maybe you could script the maps, because you r0x0rz!

#16 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:44 PM

Heh diesystem may have been gone to you but not to me and Im sure he'd love to script but the man would take too long in his own words...
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users