#41 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:25 AM

Probably not until tomorrow at the earliest. It will be soon, but I have to figure out exactly when. I believe I need to move the server, so it will be around then. I think I can do a full backup of the files, but it is still a good idea to keep your own copy.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#42 Draco

Draco

Certified Chap

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Projects:The Battlegrounds 2, Contributing coder.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 07:59 AM

oh fuck, you could of sent me an email or something :ninja:

excuse me while i scramble to my ftp client...
Draco - part time code monkey. Currently a contributing coder to BG2
Posted Image

#43 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

This has been up for most of May. Don't worry, as I won't start the format until at least the 22nd. If you absolutely need more time for a backup, please post or contact me, and I will try to delay the format as much as possible.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

#44 Draco

Draco

Certified Chap

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

If you absolutely need more time for a backup, please post or contact me, and I will try to delay the format as much as possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah mate, I got it all now, thanks any way. I guess I should poke my head out of my mods section of the forums more often :ninja:
Posted Image

#45 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  • Projects:Blitzkrieg II:The Finest Hour (BlitzII:TFH)
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

Draco, you can subscribe to the Hostees forum, so you won't miss anythin :ninja:
Posted Image

#46 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:08 PM

:huh:

#47 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts
  • Division:Ex - Network Leader

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:34 PM

Someone let Daz know. I dont keep a abackup of YrArg anymore, and i cant be bugged to do the backup myself. Bleh, i dont even have the ftp data anymore, nor any ftp program, LOL.

Ill just bet on someone else having backed it up, or ask Daz if he did it if he comes online :huh: Maybe i can bury RA2 community for once and for all. (jk)

Margret Thatcher - Fenring's the one for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#48 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:44 PM

I will start backing things up at around 10pm EST tonight (3am GMT?). Any uploads after that will not be in my backups. The server will go offline for a short time either today or tomorrow to be physically moved, and will then go offline at some later time for the format. I can't be sure of the exact time because I need to complete the backups first. It should be somewhere around midnight GMT, or about 7pm EST on May 22nd. I will keep this updated with more accurate schedules as I figure them out.
Posted Image

#49 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:27 AM

Well, good news and bad news. The good news is that the server is back. The bad news is that my backup of game-mod.net appears to have failed. This means that I have only a small fraction of the files in that domain, mainly mine and sites/mods I work with. I very very much apolgize for this mistake, as I noticed that a couple things appeared to be missing, but I didn't investigate, as it seemed to be the correct size and such. I hope that everyone has a backup of their files.
:huh:
Edit: Further info... I have several DVD's that may contain old backups, however I currently cannot access them. This means that I have no way to know what is on them. I'm hoping to get a DVD reader that I can use to get files off of them and see what is there.
Posted Image

#50 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:00 AM

Heh ok. I just hope everybody got to know of this format..... O_o

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#51 Draco

Draco

Certified Chap

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:23 AM

I apologize to those of you who were hosted at game-mod.net, as there was a serious problem with the backup.

I hope you all backed up, I know I did
Posted Image

#52 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:29 AM

This also means we'll be doing roll call. Please contact me with information for your subdomain, including an FTP password, if you have it (otherwise, I'll generate a random password). I will begin restoring sites as soon as possible. However I may be asleep, as it's already getting quite late here.

Edit: Might as well mention what I do have. I have files for Defcon, GenDev, Regen, and Vietnam (Reborn). Otherwise, I may or may not have an older backup, I am not sure.
And the other plus of all this is that we now have about 150 gig of total space for sites. Meaning, your unlimited space is even more unlimited.
Posted Image

#53 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:11 AM

I have ReGen backed up anyway so if there's anything missing please let me know so I can restore it.

#54 Lynx

Lynx

Skyrockets in Flight

• Project Team
  • 844 posts
  • Projects:Aurora: Great Crusade
  •  Afternoon Delight

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

Shit, Conflict Bosnia is down. I was planning a media blitz when the site was complete too.
Posted Image

#55 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:19 AM

this affects ralert too? erm i noticed my site was down for a while, but it seems everything's fine now? So... I haven't been visiting these forums for a while, someone could enlighten me on if there's anything to be done?

EDIT: ok I just realised that the site has been... rolled back, whatever you want to call it, but no big deal, since I haven't been blogging, just lost a couple of reader comments.

Edited by Godwin, 23 May 2005 - 08:21 AM.

Posted Image

#56 Hunt7s

Hunt7s
  • Hosted
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

Hmmm thanks, :S I had only just updated everything and uploaded the new mod, thank god i had taken a Full backup tho. The news post i didnt, :S BUt t his is allot of messing around as i have to Redeclair and Reinstall all the news script and Sort out all the pages on upload again, This being about 50mb of it, i know tis smaller than some peoples but some of it i cant get back as rob uploaded it For transfer and backup between his comps, So we have lost allot that cant be Revived :( oh well shit happens.

#57 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:55 AM

Ok, this is going to give me a lot of problems and a phonebill to choke a donkey. How much of the /files directory of the DH ftp do you have on backup or older backup?

#58 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:58 AM

:huh: Im a bit irritated. And confused since i've made a discovery.

Either someone has been going around evenywhere deleting my posts or somehow this format has erased 90% of the posts i've made the other day.

I've been to several threads and noticed this has happened. Does someone have a grude against me? or am i just one of the strangely unlucky ones :)
Posted Image

#59 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:02 AM

Posts after a certain date and time were not backed up during the format, and were therefore lost.

#60 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:07 AM

Oh i see. Thanks for clearing that up Ambershee.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users