2 replies to this topic

#1 Bluemax

Bluemax

ka-thing

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Projects:Hordes of Harad

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

I'm surprised you guys didn't put in the Junkers Ju-88 for the Germans, it was the fastest prop plane in WWII, and had as many roles as the Mosquito.

Another one is the Vought F4F? Corsair; It was the SECOND fastest prop plane in the war, and was a decent American fighter at that.

There's this other plane, the Russian Pe-2, I know you guys put A Pe plane in, not sure which one (primarily because I might convert to ROTR, but I would still like to say a few things here). Anyway, the Pe-2 wasn't appreciated until after the war, but by the end, like the Mosquito and the Ju-88, it had done just about anything that an airplane could do in the war.

Another German plane: the Focke-Wulfe FW-190, introduced st some point, it was actually BETTER than the Me-109, but, like the Spitfire, there weren't as many 190s as 109s, so it didn't really achieve as much as the 109 did (y'know, so many Hurricanes the Spitfires didn't have as much as an impact that they could have...).

Finally, this has been mentioned before, but, the Comet. Definitely a plane that should be included, although it did about as much as the Me-262 (which was very little, because it was so late in the war), it DID have turbojets, so, I woulde replace the Comet tank with something else, and put in the Comet plane.

Just a few ideas I thought I should throw at you.

#2 Bluemax

Bluemax

ka-thing

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Projects:Hordes of Harad

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

Additionally, the Hurricane, I was dissapointed that you guys didn't put that one in.

Also, you could make the US and Britain different tech trees (like the chinese nuke ant tank generals, for example), that would take care of having American and British plane cameos on the same Airfield. Also, you could just put all the Russian Heavy Factory options in one factory, but make it cay "GENERAL'S PROMOTION REQUIRED", like the SCUD Launcher and Marauder Tank. Just a few ideas to help provide more space in the construction-dudes menu!

Edited by Bluemax, 01 June 2005 - 08:45 PM.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:12 AM

The Ju88 was a twin-engined bomber that looked somewhat similar to a B-26. It was by no means the fastest propeller driven aircraft of the war. Perhaps you meant another plane?

The Corsair was a good fighter, yeah, but saw limited use (as far as I know) in the ETO. The British used it, but the Americans did not (in the Pacific, the story was different).

Some of the later model Me109s could outperform even the Mustang. However, they were too few in number, gasoline was very rare and there were no pilots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users