Generals Challenge!

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#41 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:52 PM

yea i figured it was in the game and they just programmed it so Gen challenge would never use it without actually removing the map.
Posted Image

#42 spetsnazmelayu

spetsnazmelayu
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:30 AM

Actually the map for the Demo General does exist, as does the maps for the USA and GLA boss generals...you can play against them in the ProGen and Shockwave mods.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im planning to get the new shockwave but project raptor always made me not to because of its superb number of units, great ai for gla and fast paced action.

still who do you pick to fight against the demo, gla boss and usa boss general? gen fai? gen granger?

#43 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:13 PM

You don't. Either Vanguard will not allow fighting them due to INI reasons, and you can't fight them normally. Kinda sucks, though.

#44 spetsnazmelayu

spetsnazmelayu
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:29 PM

ive just used infantry gen in hard.. man it was easy. infantry gen have defences so powerful, i just relaxed after i built 5-8 bunkers and a few gattling guns. no worries about getting pwnd by the enemy, only to start worrying about offence. infantry gen have a not-so-good offence unless if a few rovs put to work and lots of troop crawlers. im now stuck in the boss level. man shes hard to get... to kill.. i mean.. :p

hey vanguard, can you change the challenge course for the militia? im playing militia on hard difficulty and now im stuck in the third challenge - against superweapons. yeah, as you well know, superweapons base is on an island, so is for me.. im stuck coz of that, quite disappointing too.. itll be better either to change the challenge level for the militia so that they dont have to go against superweapons or give the militia some kind of amphibious attack transport.

#45 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

ive just used infantry gen in hard.. man it was easy. infantry gen have defences so powerful, i just relaxed after i built 5-8 bunkers and a few gattling guns. no worries about getting pwnd by the enemy, only to start worrying about offence. infantry gen have a not-so-good offence unless if a few rovs put to work and lots of troop crawlers. im now stuck in the boss level. man shes hard to get... to kill.. i mean.. :p

hey vanguard, can you change the challenge course for the militia? im playing militia on hard difficulty and now im stuck in the third challenge - against superweapons. yeah, as you well know, superweapons base is on an island, so is for me.. im stuck coz of that, quite disappointing too.. itll be better either to change the challenge level for the militia so that they dont have to go against superweapons or give the militia some kind of amphibious attack transport.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try the fundelmentlist ambush
Posted Image

#46 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:09 PM

Fundamentalist ambush is definetly enough to be a full amphib assault. Here's my strategy:

Use the Fund Ambush to reveal some territory. Once you get lucky and see a Dozer, use Convert or whatever it's called to grab it. Order it to build a Command Center in your base, tell it to move (DON'T STOP BUILD AT THE NEW BUILDING) and maybe order it to build as many other buildings as you can before it gets blown up, each time giving it a move order. Then send your workers to the sites to build them. Now you can use their aircraft against them.
Posted Image

#47 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:12 PM

Fundamentalist ambush is definetly enough to be a full amphib assault.  Here's my strategy:

Use the Fund Ambush to reveal some territory.  Once you get lucky and see a Dozer, use Convert or whatever it's called to grab it.  Order it to build a Command Center in your base, tell it to move (DON'T STOP BUILD AT THE NEW BUILDING) and maybe order it to build as many other buildings as you can before it gets blown up, each time giving it a move order.  Then send your workers to the sites to build them.  Now you can use their aircraft against them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

link the first

is not a jedi
not what ever the other crap it says
hes a highly qualifed dictionary
Posted Image

#48 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:15 PM

If you say so

(not about the sharpshooter, pilot or Jedi)

There fixed
Posted Image

#49 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

Dictionary. read over it a couple times (the word), then spell it correctly. Your role of dictionary has been suspended temporarily for spelling 'dictionary' wrong.

#50 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:19 PM

done sorry
Posted Image

#51 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:20 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#52 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:46 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#53 spetsnazmelayu

spetsnazmelayu
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:50 AM

i already used the fundamentalist ambush and i did get the dozer but the fundamentalist ambush was to small to slow for a huge base... the dozer wont build anything on my island coz it cant reach it... i dont know but maybe because that militias are super cheap and the defences are detected as buildings not defences, superweapons particle cannon never hit me, not even once. though her a10s were a bit annoying coz my mgs already shot it down but it still can shoot its mgs and release its missiles before it crashes.

#54 spetsnazmelayu

spetsnazmelayu
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:07 AM

NOT FAIR!!! ive just destroyed ALL of gen alexenders base but the game still continues! ive destroyed everything from her hq to her emp defences. the game is stuck. im so disappointed.. i used the ambush technique and what do you know, it worked.. ive destroyed her whole base with the fundamentalists but nothing happened...

what happened?! before i played zero hour with pr, it was easy for me to take down gen kwai using gen alexander, now its just hard! my defences didnt even last half an hour! his tanks and his attacks were too many, too powerful, too fast..

Edited by spetsnazmelayu, 16 November 2005 - 12:13 PM.

#55 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:19 PM

theres a bug in the challagene map with the mitla
Posted Image

#56 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:55 AM

Fundamentalist ambush is definetly enough to be a full amphib assault.  Here's my strategy:

Use the Fund Ambush to reveal some territory.  Once you get lucky and see a Dozer, use Convert or whatever it's called to grab it.  Order it to build a Command Center in your base, tell it to move (DON'T STOP BUILD AT THE NEW BUILDING) and maybe order it to build as many other buildings as you can before it gets blown up, each time giving it a move order.  Then send your workers to the sites to build them.  Now you can use their aircraft against them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

link the first

is not a jedi
not what ever the other crap it says
hes a highly qualifed dictionary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I think strategist is more accurate here.
Posted Image

#57 spetsnazmelayu

spetsnazmelayu
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:12 AM

wow, gen townes sure kick ass in challenge mode(cheater too). after a few battles, ive almost got my chance to go against gen fai but the game crashes to the desktop when the game is half loaded... im so disappointed.

#58 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:16 PM

Load the map again, from the load menu. I had to do the same thing. and oh yeah, can anyone make a Boss Gen challenge campaign, her mammoth overlords rock.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#59 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:34 PM

Do the maps change depending on what general you are?
Posted Image

#60 THEEVERGOD

THEEVERGOD

I am TEG, bow down before me!

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Projects:The PR Mayhem Map Series. Currently on PR Mayhem 2
  •  The Almighty PR Unoffical Mapper, TEG!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:02 AM

Do the maps change depending on what general you are?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll give you the fullest answer I can :dry: , Yes ;) .

Edited by THEEVERGOD, 20 November 2005 - 10:03 AM.

THEEVERGOD, Fear Me!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users