47 replies to this topic

#21 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:11 AM

Into the folder where your generals zero hour installed.

#22 Equilibrium

Equilibrium
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:15 PM

I have a problem running Contra004 :
well I'm with Zero Hour 1.04
with Advanced AI Mod 0.95
after instalation(everything in the game dir, I didn't install previous Contra releases) and starting up the game(showing start up pic) then stops and I'm getting mesage for Serious Error
I'm with good and updated anti-virus program
Where is the problem to run properly Contra ?

Edited by Equilibrium, 30 December 2005 - 02:17 PM.

#23 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:46 PM

after instalation(everything in the game dir, I didn't install previous Contra releases) and starting up the game(showing start up pic) then stops and I'm getting mesage for Serious Error

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The advanced AI mod is killing Contra. Contra has its own AI changes and is not compatable with any other mods.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#24 Equilibrium

Equilibrium
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:49 PM

aha I gues this might be a problem... well back to reinstal :p
and thanks for the tip :)

#25 grounder

grounder
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:31 PM

I'm having trouble geting some of the units. LIKE THE ONES THAT NEED THE PALACE, STRATEGY CENTER OR TECH CENTER CAUSE IT SAYS YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GENERAL PROMOTION TO GET THEM BUT I CAN"T FIND IT!!!!!!

#26 grounder

grounder
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:35 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It says that in the middle of some of my games. oh and could you make the easy AI a little easier cause I'm a pro and it's like batting 50 hards at once. if you call this easy then what do you call hard? If I hadn't had an Ally I would have been dead about 1000 times.

#27 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

I'm having trouble geting some of the units. LIKE THE ONES THAT NEED THE PALACE, STRATEGY CENTER OR TECH CENTER CAUSE IT SAYS YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GENERAL PROMOTION TO GET THEM BUT I CAN"T FIND IT!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YOU CANNOT FIND YOUR GENERAL PROMOTION!?!?!?!?!!!
NEITHER CAN I!!!

:wacko: :p :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :umad:

#28 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm tired to andwer this question already. New units and buildings are accessed automatically when you gain ranks.

Edited by Creator, 02 January 2006 - 12:53 PM.

#29 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

I'm tired to andwer this question already. New units and buildings are accessed automatically when you gain ranks.

View Post

lol I can't belive you took the time to answer it. I was just going to let it sit untouched. No offense to the currius guests, but any user should be able to read in the forums just a little and find THAT answer pretty darn quick. I past tired of answering that question, I'm tired of reading it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#30 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

I have the idea to print Contra features on the launch screen for everybody to read it and do not ask stupid questions any more. :D

#31 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

I have the idea to print Contra features on the launch screen for everybody to read it and do not ask stupid questions any more. ;)

lol :)
i hope that you're joking ! :sleep:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#32 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:49 PM

I have the idea to print Contra features on the launch screen for everybody to read it and do not ask stupid questions any more. ;)

lol :)
i hope that you're joking ! :sleep:

No, he's serius. I don't blame him either. I can't stand how bad the N00Bs are when they are posting. They place a question right next to the answer...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

Yes, yes, they really do it! :D One of the laws of Merphy says that if you've explained everythig so detailed that even a hedgehog will understand you, then it will be a noob who will understand nothing anyway. :cool: So, I have more crazy idea. I'm not sure that everybody will read that what is written on the launch screen. The more effective thing is to make new sondtrack where they will sing the song: "New units are accessed automatically..." :D

Edited by Creator, 27 January 2006 - 11:09 PM.

#34 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

The more effective thing is to make new sondtrack where they will sing the song: "New units are accessed automatically..." :D

lolololololol :cool:
i really laughed at this.....

But what to do when the speakers are turned off ? i suggest that there must also be subtittles lol

Edited by M.E.C.H., 28 January 2006 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#35 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:58 PM

Creator.
I Have shockwave on my system too.
Can i have both mods?
Or do i need to remove shockwave.
Thanks.
/Guest XD

#36 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:18 PM

Yes, yes, they really do it! :ohmy: One of the laws of Merphy says that if you've explained everythig so detailed that even a hedgehog will understand you, then it will be a noob who will understand nothing anyway. :p So, I have more crazy idea. I'm not sure that everybody will read that what is written on the launch screen. The more effective thing is to make new sondtrack where they will sing the song: "New units are accessed automatically..." :grin:

LOL! I love it! I don't know how, but I overlooked this post when it was first made... the new post made open this topic again. OMG... I'm still laughing...

Mech is right... it needs subtitles with the song.

Can i have both mods?

You cannot use both mods at once... you need to uninstall shockwave to play Contra
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

You could make it in a way that FAKE units and buildings are in the place of the real one. Then when the noob build it, lets say the Berta, then a tiny-tiny-tiny berta comes out. When the user issue it any order, the tiny berta would scream at very high volume "YOU CAN'T BUILD ME, ASSHOLE! READ THE F*CKING INSTRUCTIONS" and BANG, it would fly out of screen with an HUGE fart impulsing it, and speing out little singing eternal poopies. Yeah, that's it.

Edited by Gilgamesh, 02 March 2006 - 06:54 PM.

#38 Bfox

Bfox
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

hmm, whats the proper way of installing this mod?

I have a few questions..

1/does it need to be patched to anything?
2/does it need mod toater or does the Contra004.exe standalone?
3/do I need to do anything after so the AI works alright in custom built maps? or do I need to edit worldbuilder in anyway?

#39 Logical2u

Logical2u
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Projects:Chucking random mod ideas around.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:51 PM

Your Zero Hour will need to be patched to 1.04.

You can install via modtoaster, or use a manual, overwrite, install. AFAIK there is no EXE for Contra right now.

The AI will work for Custom maps that have defined Flanks and Centers. Some Custom Maps don't use any AI commands and as such there is no AI in any mod for those maps.

Make sure to set the starting cash high if your AI isn't building much.

Delete your Skirmish Scripts data from your Zero Hour folder before you try and play, it can overwrite Contra's changes.

-Logical2u

#40 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:32 AM

Can i have both mods?

You cannot use both mods at once... you need to uninstall shockwave to play Contra

Not quite. If you know how the game works and what files it uses then you can simply move Shockwave to another folder and play Contra. Then you can move Contra somewhere and return Shockwave.

1/does it need to be patched to anything?
2/does it need mod toater or does the Contra004.exe standalone?
3/do I need to do anything after so the AI works alright in custom built maps? or do I need to edit worldbuilder in anyway?

1. Contra is standalone mod. You need only to have your Zero Hour patched to version 1.03 or higher.
2. Contra004.exe is archive only. Unpack it first (just run it and show it the folder where your Zero Hour isinstalled)
3. AI can work only in correctly built custom maps, with paths, waypoints and sides set properly.

Edited by Creator, 06 April 2006 - 07:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users