Photo

Remove Chinook carrying capacity?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Poll: What should the Chinook be able to carry?

What should the Chinook be able to carry?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

the sea devil isn't all that cool though, it is still a fag 'cause its gun takes like 12 years to destroy a militia artillery cannon.... and

1) we are on topic
2) you decide anyway so why are you sayinbg that most of your decisions have to say??
and
3) you need to remove those to helicopters

#102 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

How exactly do you still have the advantage? USA may have airpower, but China has all of the big tanks and the ability to move them around and GLA is sneaky.

Drop the Blackhawks and Sea Devil: Fine by me.

Most of your decisions won't be changed: OK, I accept that my suggestions on your decisions might not make it in, I'm just offering my opinion. That's why we have a forum for the mod so we can discuss any suggestions.

Stay on topic: I try to stay on topic, sometimes it can't be helped, but you shouldn't penalize everyone because there are a few spammers here.

STFU about the tech airfield size: Like I said, it hasn't really been brought up that often, and you never said no until last time you were asked. And that wasn't even on the forums.
Posted Image

#103 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

agree i do.

#104 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

Ok, but I swear if I see so much as a hint of going off topic, I will remove them and consider it a broken pact.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#105 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • Projects:Her
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

leave chinook, thats all i got to say
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#106 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

I will as long as people stay on topic in all topics on PR's forum.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#107 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:16 AM

does that mean we can bring back the "off topic" thing, and i mean there has to be like some linientcy 'cause you have to elaborate some times

#108 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:38 AM

Indeed, well I for one will get back on topic as the master wishes.

I think Chinook could possibly be a light transport, but I think the blackhawk will be a more suitable transport if it looks a lil more realistic. Just my opinion!
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#109 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:09 AM

the sea devil isn't all that cool though, it is still a fag 'cause its gun takes like 12 years to destroy a militia artillery cannon.... and

1) we are on topic
2) you decide anyway so why are you sayinbg that most of your decisions have to say??
and
3) you need to remove those to helicopters

View Post

I voted for the Chinooks to do what it does now. Carry infantry, vehicles and supplies like it does in real life. There's no need to change it.

The games Black Hawks are fine in my opinion. Two different versions to play with. A preloaded special ops version with 8 soldier capacity and a light machine gun for protection. The other version is an empty eight seat attack version of the blackhawk with wing attachments and rocket/missile pods. Both can carry infantry, but no vehicles or supplies.

I typically will create 5 attack blackhawks (my "Alert 5" aircraft) during the game primarily for base cover to fend off sneak attacks, para drop attacks, and tank para drop attacks. I will also use them in the game for SAR missions of downed pilots.

The preloaded blackhawk version, while I don't use as much, is great for getting preloaded infantry behind enemy lines quickly. Meaning that you don't have to manually load troops onto the choppers before you leave your base. Thereby, saving yourself time and trouble. The bad news is I use rangers more than I do special ops because of the building capture ability, which special ops doesn't have. Because of that I typically will have to bump some of the ops soldiers off the blackhawk and put some rangers on. Pain in the butt. Another pain, is the fact that you can't choose which type of blackhawk to build. What you get is what you get. Which is a big waste of money. I would love to see this changed.

As for the Sea Devil, it's basically an very lightly armed Chinook. It can carry troops and vehicles into battle. It can pick up no supplies (in PR 7). The machine guns are long range but very light. Ok versus infantry, but not against armored vehicles/tanks and buildings. Which is fine in my opinion since they are more for carrying troops (and more importantly vehicles) behind enemy lines than they are for attack purposes. Although, I must say they do fairly well in large numbers, and make a good air cav chopper for getting all your armor to a light to moderately hot LZ. I would not recommend taking these choppers directly into or over the heart of the enemies base, however.

(FYI, there is still the crash error for the Sea Devil if one gets shot down. Vanguard is aware of it, and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release or patch.)

Bottom line here though, is there are different choppers for different types of missions. Some over lap and some don't, which is cool. The Sea Devil has it's purposes.

Would be neat to have a version of the Sea Devil preloaded with Marines. Perhaps built from a Tech Amphibious Assault ship, or Tech Naval Yard, perhaps? Just a thought.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#110 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:34 AM

My opinion:
Remove the Blackhawk with infantry all together. It may be useful, but it isn't really needed. Instead, add fast roping to the Blackhawk, and remove it from the Chinook. Let the Chinook continue gathering supplies and carrying vehicles and infantry. It just can't do combat drops like the 'new' Blackhawk can.

Also, if possible, make the Blackhawk fire from door mounts.

Another suggestion for AF Gen. Replace the Blackhawk with the Pavehawk for him. Same carrying capacity, better speed, better weaponry. (mini-guns instead of .50-cals)
Posted Image

#111 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:45 AM

My opinion:
Remove the Blackhawk with infantry all together. It may be useful, but it isn't really needed. Instead, add fast roping to the Blackhawk, and remove it from the Chinook. Let the Chinook continue gathering supplies and carrying vehicles and infantry. It just can't do combat drops like the 'new' Blackhawk can.

Also, if possible, make the Blackhawk fire from door mounts.

Another suggestion for AF Gen. Replace the Blackhawk with the Pavehawk for him. Same carrying capacity, better speed, better weaponry. (mini-guns instead of .50-cals)

View Post

Most of this sound great. I like the ideas.

But, as for the preloaded infantry blackhawks, I think it's ok as is, because it's convenent to have the preloaded option, instead of having to buy an empty Blackhawk, and then have to manually load it. Having it with infantry preloaded saves a lot of time and misery. I just wish it was a mix of missile defenders, specail ops, and rangers on it, instead of just eight special ops soldiers aboard. It would make it a little more useful and flexible.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#112 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:10 AM

Pave Hawk could be stealth for AF General, due to the package's unique flying and countermeasures capabilities.

A stealth commando assault - that would be frightening.
Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

#113 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • Projects:Her
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:16 AM

hmmmm, i see Bob's point about the Black Hawk, but i still favor the Chinook, for me the Black Hawk is a special ops "bird" thats just for the deployment and extraction of units. Can be used for combat if necessarry. But stick to the Chinook.
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#114 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:01 AM

The Pave Hawk sounds kinda cool as a stealth transport, but it shouldn't hold as many infantry as the Blackhawk. Maybe give it four infantry slots and a pair of small rocket launchers.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users