Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:14 PM

im liking the sword fighting thang :huh:
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#62 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:08 AM

Bump on a old topic

and a double post woot

but i was browsing the Play.com site and i found this http://www.play.com/...RegionHome.html , watch the little movie, shows more about what the Wii is about . its a good insight into whats to come.
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#63 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:13 AM

Wii is used in all cultures as "together"

Honestly, there is no such word or meaning on any portuguese culture. Actually, W isn't used by portuguese words, at al... maybe on translation from some foreign words on certain regions (which might include Brazil, in my case, although even here the W is vastly avoided). And this is only one of the inumerous exceptions...

I think it refers more to "we", as in the collective first-person plural pronoun. What possessed them to use the double i, I don't know.

"oh wii !
Touching is good, but feeling is better"

AHAHAHA...

Oh, and that video might have actually convinced me of this thing's legitimacy. I never once said it'd be shit, as I recall, but only bothered to make digs at the name. I still fear the limited games for it. That Red Steel, the Zelda game and that other one with the bows and arrows flying look cool. If this thing is as good as the hype that that vid cracks it up to be, I might consider it.

I don't normally take Ninty seriously due to the games it produces, but Red Steel looks like my kind of game.

#64 Alex06

Alex06

Newsposter/C&C Veteran

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

STOP FIGHTING OVER NAMES! WHO GIVES A FUK THAT THE NAME IS WII?! It's just like fighting over C+C3: Tiberium Wars...OMG a "+" is a no-no. We want Twillight or Eclipse, but not Dusk, because Dusk sucks, and Wars is idiotic, it makes no sense. WE HATE TIBERIUM WARS as A NAME!

You know what, STFU! Yeah, the names are silly, but still, they're just names. AND THEY DO MAKE SENSE AT LEAST! I PERSONALLY LIKE WII AND ALSO TIBERIUM WARS! HAH! TAKE THAT, NEWBZ AND H8ERZ!! XD

lol...

Edited by alex05, 27 June 2006 - 03:16 PM.

#65 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

Since when was anyone fighting over the name? Are we suddenly not allowed to express any sort of negative opinion about something? I'm sure a rose by any other name does smell as sweet. But if you called it a crap-blossom or a stinkweed, not too many people are going to take it seriously. That was the whole point.

We are, of course, all entitled to our opinion...there's NO NEED TO SHOUT OR TELL US TO STFU FOR IT. :shiftee:

#66 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

STOP FIGHTING OVER NAMES! WHO GIVES A FUK THAT THE NAME IS WII?! It's just like fighting over C+C3: Tiberium Wars...OMG a "+" is a no-no. We want Twillight or Eclipse, but not Dusk, because Dusk sucks, and Wars is idiotic, it makes no sense. WE HATE TIBERIUM WARS as A NAME!

You know what, STFU! Yeah, the names are silly, but still, they're just names. AND THEY DO MAKE SENSE AT LEAST! I PERSONALLY LIKE WII AND ALSO TIBERIUM WARS! HAH! TAKE THAT, NEWBZ AND H8ERZ!! XD

lol...

moron :dry:
Quotes :

#67 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:48 PM

Now, now. Be the better man, Azer :dry:

#68 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

Well, that just came out of nowhere, didn't it? On another note, they have another controler-like design for the Wii that'll come with the system. It has the look of the SNES controller, with the button setup of the Gamecube controller.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#69 Xeppelin

Xeppelin
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Projects:C&C: Tiberian Fusion (working title)

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:50 PM

Swiit.
Xepp Credits: None yet.

#70 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:09 AM

gotta say the controllers are pretty kick ass... why Nintendo gave there first decent console in years the name "wii" is beyond me as it will obviously hurt sales.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#71 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

It might not hurt sales but it'll invite ridicule as it already has..

#72 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:42 PM

Yes, but you can't buy this kind of publicity.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#73 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

I'm actually excited about the new Sonic game. They finally brought back the sense of speed that was in the first four games.

And your first four games are? Most people forget about the Master System classics, that were relatively disgusting compared to the beauty that was 16-bit Mega Drive. Sonic is so over used now though, Sega should have stopped when the Dreamcast failed to set sale. (No typo) :p

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users