169 replies to this topic

#41 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:00 PM

what do you guys think about getting some of our stuff posted up at empire at war files i.e. on the front page type of shit with everyone else?

alot more people would notice it and hopefully we would get more kickass fans like forgotten soul and that.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#42 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

I like this mod cause it looks cool and I like Gundams cause of the big booms they make and ya Stargazer you have a good idea that might attract more fans and ideas.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#43 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Projects:KA2: DW ~Aftermath Edition~

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:51 PM

More advertising = good.

Also, I was wondering if you guys had a list of things done and list of things planned? It's hard to suggest when one is in the dark about a certain project. :shiftee:

#44 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

Well, just some starter suggestions on features, etc...

This is definitely easy, but special units can be given positron cannon abilities that could be based on The Accuser's special weapon. Also, I'm not sure if it can be done, but hardpoints could be configured so that these abilities may be disabled by destroying those specific weapon emplacements.

Though supposedly more of a close-proximity weapon emplacement, the Nibelung system found on Heaven's Base could easily serve as sort of a Hypervelocity Cannon.

Lightwave Barrier (found on certain MS, Artemis) abilities might be based on the 'Invulnerability' skill used by the Millenium Falcon.

Of course, it goes without saying that Genesis and Messiah are absolute Death Stars. :shiftee:

#45 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

Exactlly, as you are obviously a Gundam fan your post just proves alot of this stuff is just comon sense. :shiftee:

As for a list of stuff, me and the team have had alot of discussions on what we would like to have in the game. I am pritty sure we all have a clear vision of what we want in a Gundam game.

But your point is valid, maybe one of our next moves is to have an FAQ put together.

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#46 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:00 AM

what about the posting our stuff on empire at war files front page idea?

Posted Image

#47 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:23 PM

Hey If it feels good do it, thats my motto.

Posted Image

#48 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

how do we do that though, i'm a total n00b at posting shot on the empire at war files place <_<

Posted Image

#49 Fortnox

Fortnox
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:00 PM

Loes pepole. (Hel-loes) First of all this mod looks awesome. And an idea plus question.

On ground battles, do gundams/mobile suits fly or walk? Both together might be possible but hard to do, atleast I'd think so.

It's not used much in EAW, but the hero clash xml allows scripted fights (Endings still varying depending on health and luck), I'm not sure how movement/attacking scripting works but if possible scripted gundam clashes would be so damn cool.

#50 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:43 PM

Ah, thanks. First on ground battles most mobile suits will walk as only a few early suits can fly in earths atmosphere. Later in the tech tree more will be able to fly, as for hero clash trust me i am drooling over the posibility of the hero clash. (with beam sabers ;) )

Posted Image

#51 Fortnox

Fortnox
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:50 PM

Sweet :) That sounds awesome. And thanks for the reply :)

#52 I)eath_By_8s

I)eath_By_8s

Kell chock My brothers! Rise And Fight

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Projects:War games
  •  1/2 of DM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:37 PM

This is just me but you guys should get a web site and if u already have one point me there plz ^_^

#53 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

http://gundamlegacy.petrolution.net/

Posted Image

#54 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:11 AM

well since we are trying to get a mutual trade with the project mars: destination team, we could trade them models or something, they say their in desperate need of models so like for every model we do for them they give us some code or something...

Posted Image

#55 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:16 AM

Thats kind of the deal I have with them at the moment, eventually I want to get my hands on there C&C base building type code. ^_^

Posted Image

#56 Atomik

Atomik
  • Project Team
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:03 AM

that would be pretty cool, maybe a few models for that might be in order
Posted Image

#57 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:03 AM

I've seen a cool 'orbital bombardment' feature in another EAW mod (CIS, i think), which is pretty much has Requiem written all over it.

Aren't multiple weapons easily possible? Several units exhibit this behavior and can be used as a code base.

- T4-B Tank's Beam-to-Missile ability
- Obi-wan's Lightsaber + Force 'Shakedown' on buildings

It could work like:

- Ranged weapon mode provides more mobility and evasion, added damage against buildings, but most MS suffer from low accuracy against other mobile suits at close range.

- Melee weapon mode gives an added attack bonus against vehicles (especially guys like Gells-ghe and Destroy) and MS at close-range, but certain suits, particularly mass-pros, get an evasion penalty.

I had other suggestions, but I forgot what they were. :p I'll get back to you guys on that.

#58 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:52 AM

Actually, I think its in our FAQ section but all the suggestions you made are being looked at.

Posted Image

#59 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

Some suggestions on unit deployment.

- If an MS is deployed on the ground, they are deployed by 'descent pods'.
- If a vehicle is deployed, then it is delivered by a shuttle.

Also, I'm not sure if this can be done, but you could add a nice ability/unit for ZAFT: the N-Jammer. By means of dropping the unit from space, it will begin to burrow itself into the ground; it is in this state that the N-Jammer is vulnerable. After it has burrowed, it will disable all 'power generators' (Nuke plants :lol:) on the battlefield and will impair the visibility (radar) of all units in the battle. The 'power generator' disability can be countered by stealing the N-Jammer Canceller technology from ZAFT.

Another ability/unit for ZAFT (am I starting to sound biased? :p ) would be the Gungnir weapon. The Gungnir would work just like Han Solo's EMP Burst ability, but on a larger scale.

EA sure fits the profile of the Rebels. Stealing technology, and always being to the losing side of the tech race. :lol:

Oh, yeah. What about special battleships (Minerva, Archangel-class) in ground battles?

Positron Cannon ground emplacements...sort of like a Magnapulse cannon, only this time, highly destructive. Requires a 'nuke plant' to function.

Neutron Stampeder-equipped Nazca-class battleship - used to counter pesky nuclear fleets. Only built on the higher-end tech levels and can only be used once in the battle.

Edited by ZGMF-X20aS, 12 September 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#60 Sykes

Sykes

title available

• Project Team
  • 385 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

Also, I'm not sure if this can be done, but you could add a nice ability/unit for ZAFT: the N-Jammer. By means of dropping the unit from space, it will begin to burrow itself into the ground; it is in this state that the N-Jammer is vulnerable. After it has burrowed, it will disable all 'power generators' (Nuke plants :p) on the battlefield and will impair the visibility (radar) of all units in the battle. The 'power generator' disability can be countered by stealing the N-Jammer Canceller technology from ZAFT.

This would be kinda of pointless since most of the mobile suits during the seed era are made to be battery powered for that very reason. Plus since the only mobile suits that are nuclear powered have a N-Jammer canceller already then the weapon wouldnt effect anything.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users