• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#61 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:22 PM

Yea, but some of the things you metioned I liked. I never thought about Positron Cannon ground emplacements I asume your refering to the Lohengrin Gate (not sure on the spelling). That would be pritty cool.

EAF stealing technology? I believe Zaft stole the most technology when they stole Aegis, Buster, and Blitz. Eaf invented Phase shift, Beam weapons, Gundam mobile suits in general.

However EAF > Zaft and thats just the way it is :p

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#62 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:25 AM

Yea, but some of the things you metioned I liked. I never thought about Positron Cannon ground emplacements I asume your refering to the Lohengrin Gate (not sure on the spelling). That would be pritty cool.

EAF stealing technology? I believe Zaft stole the most technology when they stole Aegis, Buster, and Blitz. Eaf invented Phase shift, Beam weapons, Gundam mobile suits in general.

However EAF > Zaft and thats just the way it is :)

BAH! Herecy!

a real man pilots his suit without the aid of AI or being a super duper coordinator!

only pussies pilot toys with AI helping them... :p

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#63 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Projects:KA2: DW ~Aftermath Edition~

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

This would be kinda of pointless since most of the mobile suits during the seed era are made to be battery powered for that very reason. Plus since the only mobile suits that are nuclear powered have a N-Jammer canceller already then the weapon wouldnt effect anything.

Actually, in Destiny, N-Jammers still affect most of the Earth, though no longer on the energy side since the EA was permitted to equip ONLY nuclear power plants with N-Jammers. And although cleanup of the N-Jammers has commenced, there are hundreds of thousands down there, and it hasn't all been taken out.

Besides, I never said anything about N-Jammers crippling an MS unit's power...only their visibility (and other units too) since N-Jammers also distrupt radar waves. On lower tech levels, power generators (nuke plants) would also be affected.

EAF invented PS and high-end MS, period. But MS beam weaponry have existed in ZAFT for most part, under 'weapons configuration D', I believe. Miguel was permitted to use that configuration on his GINN on the day he died.

#64 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:10 PM

"high-end MS", that all depends on the time.

at the time of the ginn it was a high-end Mobile Suit.

but do you honestly think the Earth Alliance only put the N-Jammer Cancellers on nuclear power plants? they obviously didn't, just look at N Dagger N's.

but in the war both of them obviously still used N-Jammer Cancellers, as shown by the Windam's with Nukes so it would be a pretty pointless weapon...

Posted Image

#65 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

Indeed, We arnt argueing the effect the N-Jammers had on power and comunications in millitary aplications. We are simply saying that by the start of Gundam seed no millitary used the effected technology before.

And yes Zaft did have limited beam weaponry, The Ginn D-type large cannon, Nazca and Laurasia main gunns, Ginn recon sniper rifle was also a beam weapon if memory serves. But the "G" weapons were the first to use Beam sabers and smaller more compact beam rifles. Infact the Bucues sabers were added after the theft of the gundams.

Also

BAH! Herecy!

a real man pilots his suit without the aid of AI or being a super duper coordinator!

only pussies pilot toys with AI helping them...

lol, Rena Inalia (a natural) with a suport AI can out proform a Cordinator in a mobile suit. pwned :)

Posted Image

#66 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

but she's still a pussy with a pussy so I rest my case <_<

Posted Image

#67 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:47 AM

"high-end MS", that all depends on the time.

at the time of the ginn it was a high-end Mobile Suit.

but do you honestly think the Earth Alliance only put the N-Jammer Cancellers on nuclear power plants? they obviously didn't, just look at N Dagger N's.

but in the war both of them obviously still used N-Jammer Cancellers, as shown by the Windam's with Nukes so it would be a pretty pointless weapon...

GINN = pronounced mass-production model
CGUE = high-end w/ commander-class unit variant

And of course some MS have NJCs. Treaties are made to be broken. ;)

Anyway, all I'm saying is that since a full-scale mod is being implemented, don't you guys think you should cover all the tactical aspects of the subject? Oh, well...it's just a suggestion anyway. :)

#68 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:15 AM

but the thing is it wouldn't work against anything...

Posted Image

#69 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:19 PM

In later tech levels, yes. This can easily be conceptualized like this:

- Since ZAFT usually has the technological advantage (aside from creating the G-weapons, ok?), they start with a higher tech level, and has access to N-Jammer technology, and the Canceller at the next level. On the other hand, the EA will have to 'steal' the canceller technology from ZAFT at the higher tech levels.

Another use for this 'stealing' concept is:

- ZAFT starts out with their standard MS-types (GINN, CGUE, BuCUE, etc). EA starts with MAs, but have bigger numbers. EA will also have an early research option for their first MS ('G-Weapon Research'). ZAFT can steal this, and by doing so, gains access to beam-weaponry upgrades, and G-Weapons at later levels, etc, etc.

Anyway, this is just a concept for a campaign/conquest. The 'MA comes first idea' was sort of inspired from the Rebels' initial stock of Z-95s first, before gaining their mainstay X-Wing. For the SP and MP skirmishes, this is pretty much useless. ;)

#70 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

I see what your saying, zaft upgrades to get N-jammer canclers where as the EAF needs to steal the technology because they have no idea how they work. It may be something to think about since the system is already there, we could also have zaft need to steal the G-weapons in order to get suits like the GuAIZ.

MA's, its a tuff one because they cant be as good as Ginns yet there still has to be a use for them balence wise.

Posted Image

#71 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

I'll register in a moment but first, will both sides have land battleships? ive done some modding for eaw before( not really good at it, but there) and the ground maps were ungodly small and its difficult to put large units bigger than a AT-AT.

Could'nt make them too big either, cuse they lagged like crazy after a certain limit at least on my com. I guess im also asking if you're planning on putting in X1 Destroy

#72 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:10 AM

Well, i got resgistered.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#73 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

WOOT! another Revan fan, Revan owns all Sith Lords :)

Posted Image

#74 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:10 PM

Land battleships should be a must. There are a few on both sides of the conflict, like the Compton-class and the Hannibal-class. Not to mention the Archangel-class and Minerva-class ships on Earth. :) This, I think, is definitely doable, since there is already a 'hover' system in place with EAW.

#75 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:16 PM

we're already doing that, I believe we got some of em modelled already.

redo em, they're old <_< lol

Posted Image

#76 ZGMF-X20aS

ZGMF-X20aS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

About MAs, maybe you could think of them as 'TIE Fighters', which are clearly outmatched by the Rebels' mainstay X-Wing. You could make them many more in number (about 6-7), while reducing the number of GINNs in a squadron to 3-4. Besides, one way or the other, someone will have to deliver nukes, and having MS do that might imbalance the game since MS are a lot harder to kill. MAs are a good alternative, OR they could serve as bombers. Personally, I think the second option is more viable. :)

Speaking of MAs, what about Moebius Zero and the Exass? Will they have a place in the game?

Edited by ZGMF-X20aS, 15 September 2006 - 08:38 PM.

#77 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:20 PM

Land battle ships, of course we will have them. Keep in mind that the scale of units will be reduced because there will be no infantry like units.(mobile suits would just squish them) not to mention no one wants little people takeing up pop cap in a Gundam game.

Destroy... Hell yes it will be there. what modder could possibly resist putting something like that in the game.

I already have the mobius zero in game, but Exass hasn't been modeled yet but It probly will apear. (just to cool)

As for ballenceing heres what my thoughts are at the moment. MA and Ginns 3 to a squad, How ever Ginns own mobius up front. Mobius units are decent but the Mobius Zero unit is more than a mach for a Ginn yet more expensive and time consumeing to build. (balencing out the Ginns superiority) Now a Ginn with heavy weapons (missles) can take down a smaller EAF ship, to make up for the fact that EAF have more ships than Zaft (Cheaper too, but not better) but the missles are inaccurate against MA's. Now take into acout that Mobius are cheaper and faster to build, it should be a pritty even playing field.

Posted Image

#78 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:16 AM

Zaft land battleships don't use hover systems...they use a scale system....

How about subflight lifters for zaft ms and air packs for EAF ms? or would not including them be better, cuse having over half your army flying around the battlefield is just irritating....always hated ground battles......

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#79 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:21 AM

we're gonna gave em, but they will probably cost more to make than suits without em.

Posted Image

#80 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:37 AM

But do they fly or will they hover? Although i probably know the ans already....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users