#81 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:08 AM

I use the capitalist system because - guess what - I live in a capitalist country. I've no choice unless I want to live in a cave and I can hardly be blamed for that. The point is, i'll spend my time doing something worthwhile instead of driving a 4x4 and getting a job in a corporation.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#82 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:06 AM

As did Warren Buffet, and, with his massive donation has done more than you most likely ever will for the people. Just because someone is rich, doesn't make them evil.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#83 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:22 PM

No, because he took it from them in the first place.
Posted Image

#84 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:36 AM

He took the money from rich people, and gave the money to poor people. All you've... excuse me, your parents (which means you as they're the ones supporting you) have done is take.

You said that he stole the money from the poor, but he took the money from the rich. You said that it was still stealing from the poor becuase he used the capitalist system, but you said yourself that we have no choice to use the capitalist system as we live in capitalist countries. Am I missing something here?
My political compass

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#85 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:40 AM

Oh your really missing the point SK, there is no reasoning, you're simply a target on Kals AK-47 if he can raise enough "capital" to buy one. :lol:

Just wind people up and watch them go... :umad:

#86 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

I'm a fucking student! Yeah, lets round up all the year 10s in society and execute them because all they do is leech off the system!

Has everybody suddenly forgot that i'm not 30 years old?

I said 'we have no choice to use the capitalist system', but that doesn't extend to fucking robbing money off people like that. If capitalism is so great then why do we have people living on the fucking streets in the richest countries in the world?
Posted Image

#87 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

I'm not even sure how to respond to that incoherent little rant, but I'll try anyways.

Kal, quit using arguments that have already been disproved. He earned his money, just like people like me, and your parents do. The only difference is:
1) He was a lot better at it
2) He gave most of it back

There are pretty much two reasons why people live on the street as well:
1) They're lazy
2) They're crazy

As far as the crazy's go I'd say facilities should be provided, for the lazy people, well it's their own damn fault anyways. I really don't see where in my argument I said anything about capitalism either, I simply pointed out that your logic is flawed.
My political compass

#88 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

Ah, the voice of a man who has never spoken to a homeless person and doesn't give any money becuase no doubt they'll spend it on alcohol or drugs! So refreshing to hear your point of view, SK. Really.
Posted Image

#89 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:39 PM

First off, kid, I grew up next to a meth lab, trust me, I've known my fair share of homeless people.

Second off, I volunteer regularly, in fact I'm going back to New Orleans to put roofs over peoples heads later this month.

Somehow, seeing as just about everything else you do in life is the bare minimum, I think this is a whole hell of a lot more than you've done. So unless you want to fly down to New Orleans with me, I suggest you shut your lazy, middle class, punk ass up.
My political compass

#90 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

1. i'm not middle class. I live below the poverty line.
2. Why do you do volunteer work for them if they're all apparently crazy or lazy?
Posted Image

#91 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

1) Unless you spend your nights bwl you're middle class
2) For starters, there's nothing in capitalism that says you can't help people out, it just says that the government shouldn't. Second off, natural disasters negate the lazy/crazy theory
My political compass

#92 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

1.) bwl?
2.) So you wouldn't help them if they were just homeless because they had no money.
Posted Image

#93 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:30 AM

1) Below window level. A bit of an exageration, but if you have a computer, you aren't poor. You're poor when there's 10 people living in your 1 bedroom house. You're poor when sometimes, you decide between rent and groceries.

2) It depends entirely on the situation. No, I will not give money to a wino. There are, however, people who life has just decided to take a crap on. To simplify, I have no interest in helping someone who has no interest in helping themselves.
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users