• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:00 AM

Thanks for that, howabout for the easterlings: Rhunic Kataphracts. But don't forget that Gondor has the Knights of Dol Amroth as more advanced cavalry
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#42 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:43 PM

I assume you got that name from the Games Workshop model :) if so, that's the basic look of them, but I don't especially like the name... too similar to the Byzantine Cataphract (where the name comes from obviously, but I'd prefer to stay away from those types of similarities if possible).

I'm not exactly sure how the Knights of Dol Amroth will fit in... probably they'll replace the Summon Rohan Allies spell. And then they'd have a timer as well.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#43 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

I was wondering. You know Grima Wormtongue has been famous for the murder of Saruman. Well howabout giving him a "backstab" type ability at lvl 5 which cripples and poisons enemy heros in place. Something to make him look more usefull.

we don't nessacarily need the KoDA. Rohirrim are good.

Posted Image

#44 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

we don't nessacarily need the KoDA. Rohirrim are good.

lol, but I think Lauri wants to make them :blush: and I think they would be cool to see in a minor role. Besides, summoning rohirrim gets wierd when you are against rohan :) Also Imrahil is compared to Eomer and Aragorn in the same sentence where it says he was a very skilled swordsman and leader, so I'd lilke to get him into the mod as well, in a minor role though since Gondor already has many heroes. The KoDA, Imrahil, and the Infantry of DA will have a long timer and will be elite troops... they'll probably have double the normal time so that they can be used for a siege defense or big battle, etc.

As for Grima, I have something very similar planned, though it's not a stab power:

-(Lvl 1) Anti-leadership
-(lvl 2) Leadership +50% Damage
-(lvl 3) Coward (hobbit cloak)
-(lvl 4) Witless Worm (+100% Ex when near Saruman)
-(lvl 6) Summon Bodyguards (2 dunland wildmen who protect Grima for a short time)
-(lvl 8) Poison Words (hurts/slows enemy hero for an extended time... long recharge)

I'm not exactly sure what the Poison words will do to the enemy hero, but it'll be good and similar to what happend to theoden. So probably it'll do some damage, reduce armor/health, reduce vision, reduce speed, etc... won't kill the hero but will weaken him/her for awhile.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#45 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:27 PM

Besides, summoning rohirrim gets wierd when you are against rohan

It's also weird to build Aragorn when your enemy, enemies ally and your own ally have him already, but what you gonna do? :)

Idea for how to include Imrahil:

Amroth for Gondor - You place the cursor over a target area and Imrahil and his knights ride over the area dealing enormous crush damage (depends on how much the power would be). Sorta similar to the BFME2 flood power, but more realistic (if having knights appear/disappear randomly is realistic :blush:)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#46 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

I would have thought poisonous words would corrode enemy heros to do his bidding temporarily.

Posted Image

#47 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

Saruman already has an ability like that though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#48 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:05 AM

...and it is not possible to limit in only on heroes in BFME1. so grima will be able to corrupt units as well and it doesnt fit him too much.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

lol, my original thought/plan:

I would have thought poisonous words would corrode enemy heros to do his bidding temporarily

one possible problem:

Saruman already has an ability like that though.

and what I discovered:

...and it is not possible to limit in only on heroes in BFME1. so grima will be able to corrupt units as well and it doesnt fit him too much.

pretty much in that order :unsure: great minds think alike ;)

New Screenshots uploaded to the site! Morgul Map and Citadel Guard.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#50 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

Excuse my asking, but evil side in which mod?

Saruman is all about subtle manipulation and turning his enemies against one another. I would say take away all mass destruction spells except Wizard Blast and Fireball(he needs something for attack), then give him a mid-level spell(to replace Wormtongue, give said power to Grima it'll fit him better)called "The Power of Curunir" which buffs friendlies and debuffs enemies(but make the buffs less than a standard leadership spell), Speechcraft is fine and then what about a spell like The Mouth of Sauron's power that turns enemies against each other? You could call it "Words of Deceit". Lastly a power that permanently turns a few hordes of enemy units onto your side at lvl 10, which could be called "The Voice of Saruman"

For Isengard spells from the spellbook what about a spell called "The Power of Industry" which increases the out-put of all Isengard resource structures on the map for a certain period of time?

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 21 May 2007 - 10:52 PM.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users