#41 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

I downloaded tetris on my phone and it's worryingly addictive.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#42 Salohcin

Salohcin
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:57 AM

In no particualar order, my top 5:

KotOR
The best RPG combat system ever. Engrossing story and plenty of intersting characters.

Call of Duty 2
The most cinematic WW2 video game. It also included some of the most varied fun weapons.

Sonic and Knuckles
Agree with the Ambershee! You have no idea how much time I have spent playing this game.

Day of Defeat Source
A great online WW2 shooter. I had a community far better then CS, and the perfect pace.

Civilization 3
Another game that ate away portions of my life. I still pull it out once and a while, then I get addicted for a while :grin:

Edited by Salohcin, 04 January 2007 - 02:22 PM.

#43 Dirt

Dirt

How do I know?

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  Shocker

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:03 AM

DODS rox, however it should have more weapons and vehicles.

#44 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hmm...hard question.

Final Fantasies VII, X, X-2, and XII are all good games.

I like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Metroid games are fun.

Burnout 3 Takedown and Burnout Revenge are fun to watch.

EDIT: Oops, one simply cannot forget Command and Conquer. Personally I prefer the games since and including Tiberian Sun.
Tetris and other simple games are insanely addictive.

EDIT2: Clarified my C&C preferences.

Edited by Nemoricus, 06 January 2007 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:49 AM

Off the top of my head....

Best Games: Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Mark of Chaos, Medieval 2,CnC Red Alert 2, Star Wars Battlefront 1/2, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Gears of War, Day of Defeat: Source, Counter Strike 1.6, half-life 2, Garry's Mod, Battle for Middle Earth 2, battlefield 2, battlefield 2142.

Edit: Forgot Kotor as mentioned above :blush:.

Edited by Verrückt, 06 January 2007 - 03:50 AM.

My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#46 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:18 AM

Best games, hmmm....

Consoles:
Xbox:Ninja Gaiden Black, SWKOTOR(The Sith Lords), The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Predator Concrete Jungle UC2, Conker Live and Reloaded, MC Dub Edition Remix, Mechassult 2 Lone Wolf, HL2, Scarface, Doom 3, POP:Warrior Within, POP:The Two Towers.

I am not doing the 360 because there are not enough games out.

PS2: Mercenaries, Area 51, Freedom Fighters, Silent Hill 2, Onimusha 1,2,3,4, Hitman: Blood Money, Kingdom hearts 2, Star Ocean: till the end of time, TM:Black.

PC: Dawn of War Winter Assult and Dark Cursade, Battlefield 2, Homeworld 1, Cata.., 2.

And yes I own these games and to my knowledge all these games rank between 8-10 on a 1-10 scale because they get the most play out of them.

Edited by Samael, 06 January 2007 - 04:18 AM.

#47 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

I downloaded tetris on my phone and it's worryingly addictive.

Of course it is. What the hell else is there to do in Rome when your family's busy looking at shoes, and you're secretly grateful you're indoors in the shoe shop because it has aircon, and because you're wearing jeans in a 100-degree-in-the-shade heatwave? It's either that or Pac-Man.

How the fuck did pac-man not get on my list? Well, it's there now.

#48 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:34 AM

san andreas ! :p
or maybe the first doom... because it was the foundation (pretty much) of all fps games today
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#49 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

Ocarina of Time. Period.

#50 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts
  •  A guy who does a thing.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

Updated list somewhat...

Posted Image Posted Image

Love Me.

#51 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
Truly an amazing game when patched and in some cases modded. Multiplayer was incomparably good with innovative types of maps including Capture the Island, which essentially became my entire gaming existence for the better part of three years. A truly, truly remarkable game which never fails to excite and still has a crowd drawn to it.

Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday
An amazing game with a shockingly amazing scope, excellent moddability, and a very good execution of a difficult subject which has been so often botched by larger developers. (This game is why, in my world order, Sweden will be placed in charge of Eastern and Northern Europe.)

IL-2 Sturmovik (Forgotten Battles, Aces, and Pacific Fighters)
IL-2 will always hold a special place in my heart. Especially strafing Russian columns near Leningrad in the winter of 1941, shooting down German bombers over Moscow, and bombing the Marat in Sebastopol. It is the epitome of combat flight sims for World War II, however, it is unmoddable, and for that, I place it below HoI2 (Because it would possibly have surpassed it given moddability).

Star Trek: Bridge Commander
Ahead of its time, way ahead. The only good ST game ever, and the characters were top notch. For 2002, it was an excellent game, and continues to be played and modded. MP was lacking though, and a dynamic campaign in addition to the fixed campaign, perhaps in the style of SFC2, would have made for an excellent, excellent game. (Still crossing my fingers on the dynamic thing...)

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
While I agree that this is an excellent game, I am disappointed that people aren't MODDING IT MORE.

Superpower 2
Yes, it had its flaws, but I'll never forget the game I played as the US, where I sold 30 Ohio class SSBNs to Saudi Arabia, played by a friend of mine, after he was invaded by another friend playing as Canada. The Ohios were promptly moved to Hudson Bay along with the four Nimitz carriers I sold him. From there, he destroyed Canada outright, including the #1 Army in the World (I was concentrating on undoing the effects that the Bush Administration has had on the national budget!).

Games on my Shitlist:
Empire at War
The most disappointing RTS which I have ever played. It had a good subject to play with, fanlore which you could be lost in for the rest of your natural life, and an unbelievable number of possible things which could be added to the game or implemented. Despite this, Petroglyph produced an engine which is incapable of doing some of the basic functions required by any serious modders. They also... wait... NEVER released the SDK?! That, and gameplay was horrible. Land combat? Pointless. The game as a whole? Nearly pointless.

Freespace 3
This is on my shitlist because there ISN'T one.

Battlefield 2, 2142, 1942, 1042, 1142, etc... (STOP WITH THE 42s!!!)
Horrible, half-baked games which never cease to disappoint with their ridiculous gameplay, and overall ridiculousness.

Call of Duty (All)
Bad gameplay, old engine (Quake should go away and die...), and of course, the Germans are all evil Nazis and one US soldier is able to kill about 60 of them over the course of two minutes while jumping around Europe firing an M1 with nearly unlimited ammo midair. Horrible.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#52 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:47 PM

Call of Duty (all)
Well, it's fun, but one of the downsides is the fact that it's anti-German.... would be cool to play as Germans to

Battlefield 2
Of all the games, this is the best... the new one is too new, the old ones are to crappy graphic and unrealistic.

HoI2 Doomsday
The game itself is soo damn cool, and fun (depending on what country you are). If your a damned country it's boring.

KotOR
Even though the beauty is better in the sequel, the story is a hell of alot better in the first game, yet it can be dull at sometimes... but the options to be bad or good, or neutral for that matter, is soo great! Still, I usually become evil.... in the sequel though, it's cool when you can train people to become jedies...

Age of Empires II
Thee best strategy game ever... It's a very cool game if you play it with a friend or more, but the downsides is that all teams have the same units.... AoE3 was very disapointing though, because it skipped time... it should've been AoE2 in 3D!!

BFME
Unique, and cool....

Oblivion
Just love it, but it's pretty dull when you've done most of the quests.... nothing to do, exept killing and murder people, which is great fun, but not if you can't do much else... that's why I usually wait a little while before I do the final quest to destroy the price of destruction :p

And of course, half of my childhood memory, Pokemon... I only had Yellow, gold and Crystal, but they were awesome at the age. I borrowed Red though, and cheated my Pokemons up to Level 100.... The highest I ever got a Pokemon without cheating was 73, and by that I mean "normal" Pokemons... not the ones that you catch in level 50-70. And it was Pikachu :ohmy: I still play it too you know, but only if we're going on a loong trip, so I have a couple of hours to play on.... I usually play alot then ;)

There are more, but I can't get them in my head now....

for a shitlist....
EaW is great!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#53 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:42 PM

Battlefield 2, 2142, 1942, 1042, 1142, etc... (STOP WITH THE 42s!!!)
Horrible, half-baked games which never cease to disappoint with their ridiculous gameplay, and overall ridiculousness.

I disagree, they're actually quite fun and addictive (At least 2 and 2142 are). The true problems lie in EA's half arsed patch coding which never manages to fix the exploits and glitches in the games found after release.
Also, 2 games with 42 in them? Not much compared to the number of 'Command & Conquers' :D

Edited by Carnivean, 25 February 2007 - 03:42 PM.

Love Me.

#54 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

moral of the story is EA suck. their only good game i must admit was battlefield 2
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#55 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:41 AM

Yes, EA do suck... I hate them for ruining Timesplitters, one of my favourite fps series'...

FPS:

Halo 2, a fucking gem in multiplayer mode... I don't think I've had as much fun playing any other FPS with my friends.

Timesplitters 2, fucking classic... great sense of humour, addictive gameplay, mountains of little challenges to take on, great fun in multiplay, just overall awesome!

Doom 3, Doom is the legend that started it all, but I was just totally blown away when I played Doom 3... It was so fantastically atmospheric, so engrossing, and immense fun! I'm not a really jumpy person, but Doom 3 managed to scare me a few times, some of the sections are incredibly eerie and foreboding. I think the idea of having the flashlight separate to your weapons is possibly the most crucial aspect of the games terrifying nature... You look around every corner with aprehension, juggling between... "should I get my gun out or my light?" The detail in the levels is magnificent too, and the lighting blew me away.

Deus Ex - One of the deepest, most thoughtful games ever that made you think about who you were.

Hell yes, Deux Ex is a startlingly deep FPS, a cracking story and very satisfying to play, with some great characters.

Oh, and Unreal Tournament (the first one... and 2003 but not as much) - I don't think there's anything quite as insane as the instagib modes in these games, and I remember many games of UT in instagib, watching as the body parts flew here there and everywhere, running around in the 10 seconds or so you usually lived, zapping anyone in sight!

RTS:

Total Annihilation
What can I say? Decades ahead of its time, and probably the best gameplay rts wise I've ever experienced.

I could cry with mirth playing TA. It's a masterpiece, immensely more sophisticated than its competition. I could never tolerate Starcraft, playing it made me feel like I was chained upside down in manacles... It was unbearably restrictive, you just couldn't do anything... it sucked! TA opened doors and let you do what you wanted, you had immense numbers of units at your disposal, countless strategies and barely any limits. Classic!

Homeworld- Epic. Better than it's sequel, and still lives long with me today. Epic story of the Kushan leaving to reclaim their eternal home from tyrannic despots, space pirate warlords, combat nebula zealots and a ghost ship gets my vote.

Oh god yes! Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are beautiful masterpieces, certainly the best looking games I've played. The graceful hulking capital ships, tiny fighters weaving around, the sheer epic scale of things... magnificent! Not to mention an engrossing story that made you genuinely care what happened to the poor exiles from Kharak.

Age of Empires II
Thee best strategy game ever... It's a very cool game if you play it with a friend or more, but the downsides is that all teams have the same units.... AoE3 was very disapointing though, because it skipped time... it should've been AoE2 in 3D!!

Age II was also a brilliant game, I sucked at it, but loved it nonetheless... I loved getting a group of longbowmen and sitting them on a hill, watching as everything that got near was mown down. The campaigns were great too, I loved the French one in particular.

RPG

Morrowind... Morrowind nearly killed me, I couldn't get away from it...

You really think so? I enjoy FF10 better than the rest (Excluding 7) not only because of the better gameplay, but also because of the graphics. I feel that it gives the character more Humanity... I can relate better. I'd also prefer to play a game where the Chars are idetifyable based on the looks of each, not just the color of their pixelated cape. Sure retro-graphics are cool and all, but nicer graphics=more buyers=more players. Hence why companies are exploiting the possibilities of Hi-Def TVs (Case in point- Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo. Those are all the big players in the gaming industry...)

I kinda agree, I really enjoyed FFX, but i found FF7 just as good, once you get used to the blocky models, they become unimportant. What matters is the story, and all the models are is a representation of the characters (albeit outdated). The story is magnificent and totally envelops you.

Other than that... The pokemon games were great too, I spent long hours playing them...

Empire at War
The most disappointing RTS which I have ever played. It had a good subject to play with, fanlore which you could be lost in for the rest of your natural life, and an unbelievable number of possible things which could be added to the game or implemented. Despite this, Petroglyph produced an engine which is incapable of doing some of the basic functions required by any serious modders. They also... wait... NEVER released the SDK?! That, and gameplay was horrible. Land combat? Pointless. The game as a whole? Nearly pointless.

Yeah, it does suck... We (the Only War 2 team) decided to move our mod to CNC 3 and met opposition from hordes of fanboy scum... heaven knows why they love it so... The land battles were such a huge disappointment. Space was pretty good fun though I suppose, absolutely nothing on the Homeworld games though :evgr:
Posted Image

#56 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:06 AM

Xplodus!
Freeware, addictive, ppc. Ultimate cure for late trains.
Chess
Can't remember what version, but again, PPC freeware, and I like being the only person I know who can top difficulty 3 (I've done 5). Very satisfying pointing out their being pwnt by a machine, really frustrates people.
Pong
Without which, there would be no games. And something so simple, I could probably write it.
Warfare Incorperated
ZOMG! Non-freeware ppc! BlueTooth multiplay is kickass. Like C&C without EA or crap. Great gameplay because of the limiting pathfinding, and the necesity of using correct units and devestating when using combined arms.
RA2:YR:RP
Because its my most recent PC game, and mods rock :rolleyes:

Edited by Jeeves, 27 February 2007 - 06:07 AM.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#57 Twilus

Twilus

Your Mother's Father's Uncle's Moustache!

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  Music forum poster

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

Why hasn't anyone say GEARS OF WAR?
The games amazing

1. Gears of War - Amazing graphics and gameplay
2. Halo 2 - Best game when you have freinds over
3. Oblivion - Nothing really need to be said... it's a great game.
4. Conkers BFD - Hilarious
5. Red Alert 1 - Classic!

Edited by Twilus, 27 February 2007 - 10:46 AM.

I refuse to have a signature.

Oh wait...

#58 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

dont you people have playstations and San andreas!!?? it was the sex. i mean you could do preety much anything! lol i think it must be ONE of the best games ever... or way way up there
Posted Image

#59 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:52 AM

dont you people have playstations and San andreas!!?? it was the sex. i mean you could do preety much anything! lol i think it must be ONE of the best games ever... or way way up there

It was better on the PC. And 'pretty much anything' is in actual fact just 'kill shit, steal shit, drive around, do premade missions' if I could have done anything I would have liked to have start a barbershop quartet and lived the spiral into depression from barber shop camaradery.

Love Me.

#60 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

:p well, i mean "pretty mu h anything" with in the limits of the engine
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users