1035 replies to this topic

#61 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

what about the sumon borlog power is it out or just for isengard
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#62 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:59 AM

I'm pretty sure it's out, although it may be an Isengard/Moria power.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#63 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:32 AM

The Balrog power is now exclusively for Isengard (thanks to the Moria mini-faction), but it will receive changes.
Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#64 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:24 AM

By changes you mean a shorter time span, don't you? And thankfully that power is still being kept; the Balrog was one of the best additions to the game in my opinion.

Edited by Olorin, 21 January 2007 - 05:37 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#65 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:01 AM

No, I didn't mean a shorter time span. But that could likely be taken into consideration.

Edited by Bard, 21 January 2007 - 10:05 AM.

Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#66 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:03 AM

Then what do you mean?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#67 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:17 AM

Will the Uruk Hai have shields on this mod?
Also will they have the lightly armoured but deadly Scouts as seen on Fellowship of the Ring?

#68 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:19 AM

I think the RA will go with the Scouts, but the shields I doubt very much. I think the Dunlendings will be the shield-bearing units for Isengard.
Posted Image

#69 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:21 AM

Ok thanks.
What kind of troops are planned for Dunland?
If anything I would have thought they could be handy fast shock raiders to flank the enemy while the Uruk Hai take the punishment (hence the shield question).

#70 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

Well, my last post wasn't set in stone, I'm just taking it from the point of view of the books and just about everything else that I know about the RA (which isn't that much) and Tolkien's work on Middle-Earth. Though, as I said before, the Scouts will be included and that the Dunlendings will be the shield-bearing units. Though, your opinion does make sense, and the Uruks do look cool with shields. :p And just for the record, no way am I part of the RA team (that's laughable), and nor do I know anything about modding.

Edited by Olorin, 21 January 2007 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image

#71 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:28 AM

Well in a less confusing way I meant why not have the Uruks with shields so they can take more punishment, as the Dunlendings are primatives who would be better used to flank the enemy or just be a hairy meat shield.
Also are the Harad going to be throwing spears again?

#72 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

There will be scouts. Uruks have shields. Dunlendings do not.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#73 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:30 AM

Well, there you go. A very blunt answer by Dain Ironfoot himself. :p
Posted Image

#74 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:32 AM

Slightly offtopic question- Dain Ironfoot aren't you on the Mount and Blade forums?

Ontopic question-
So are the Harad still chucking their spears instead of stabbing with them?

#75 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:40 PM

"What type of troops are planned for Dunland?"

Go here:
http://rhovanion.mev...ewforum.php?f=1

Click on Dunland & Ithilien update
Posted Image

#76 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:26 PM

Much appreciated, cheers.

#77 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

Question, is there horse units that can mount and dismount?
Posted Image

#78 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

I doubt it, there's no way to do that without bugs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#79 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

So are the Harad still chucking their spears instead of stabbing with them?

As Harad is now its own faction, I can assure you that not all the Harad units will be chucking spears.

Question, is there horse units that can mount and dismount?

No. Just heroes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Yeah there a problem with the code with making a horde (dis)mount. However, it's not a problem with heroes, which is why you won't see non-hero units being able to get on a horse.

Also, I didn't think Huorns were getting into the mod. What kind of niche do they fill?

Edited by Alsch, 21 January 2007 - 05:29 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users