• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

The links to the preconverted ini packages are broken.

Edit: They work on the site though..

Edited by Kwen, 05 September 2010 - 07:57 PM.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#42 LittleRedRacoon.

LittleRedRacoon.
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

After using this tool, whenever I try to start the game it's says "Unknown block LeechRangeWeapon".

Which makes no sense? Does it? Because there is no other mentioning about it in other files so the reference to LeechRangeWeapon must be in Weapon.INI, but there is no reference either? This is all strange  :ermm: 

I will continue to find this annoying bug and then smash it!  :xcahik_:

#43 caltair

caltair
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:22 AM

Hey guys, I'm also new and having a really hard time understanding all the instructions for the program. I've gotten as far as unzipping the .rar file to see the ini file and readme inside but I'm unclear on what I'm supposed to do next. 

The extracted file folder and the copy folder I'm supposed to make for example, I'm confused about where those go and what goes in them. Also the water.ini and the moving the macros parts are really throwing me... 

I've taught myself a lot of code over the years but the .big file stuff is completely blowing my mind and really confusing the hell out of me... I could really use some more help (I've been banging my head into the wall all week trying to figure this out).

Thanks!

The Sky is Falling

#44 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

What exactly is the thing you are running into?

Ridder Geel

#45 caltair

caltair
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

Hey Ridder, sorry for the delay but thanks for asking. :)

I think I'm mostly caught up with the whole macro and .bat file steps. I've never had to work with those before...

Also, does it matter where I put the extracted package? Do I have to put it inside the existing BFME2 folder or make a new one underneath the existing or can I simply create an entirely new folder in the C drive like I had to with the RJ Mod?

It's a been a bit since I've reread all the instructions... I got pretty frustrated and ended up deleting everything I had mod wise... I'll start over again but I know that these questions I said here were really trumping me up so that would definitely help get me on the right road I need to be on.

Thanks a ton!

The Sky is Falling

#46 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Well you can just put it in an entirely new folder and then make the shortcut point to the folder via the -mod command like you do with RJ :)

Ridder Geel

#47 givooo

givooo
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

guys a question 

I have changed the file INI.big and now I  cant play the game 

I mean after I play like for a minute it shows game over 

and I dont remmember how to undo the changes cuz i have changed a lot of things 

can anybody help me and say how to solve this problem ?

#48 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:39 PM

The simplest way to revert all changes would be to just re-install. And then make sure you're patched to the latest version. Also, you should look into using -mod command to do your modding. That way you won't be changing the original game files, and you won't have to re-install in the future, if you make a mistake that you're unable to fix.

Here's a tutorial on setting up -mod command. https://www.the3rdag...item-14?addview

You'll need to use a pre-converted INI package with -mod command. Pre-converted just means the INI files are set up a little differently to be able to work with -mod command. Nothing is actually changed or modded in them yet. The first post in this thread describes how you can convert an INI package yourself, but that's not necessary. There are INI packages already converted for you.

Here's a link to a pre-converted INI package. https://www.the3rdag...item-57?addview

Or you could use the one I uploaded a few years ago. The only difference in mine, is that in the original INI files, most units and hordes are just thrown into the same files. And you have to do a lot of scrolling to find what you want. So with mine, I put each unit and horde into its own file. Here's a link to that. https://www.the3rdag...tem-600?addview

And then some advice on using -mod command here. https://www.the3rdag...tem-602?addview

Edited by Ganon, 25 July 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#49 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

And always, always back up files before editing them.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#50 caltair

caltair
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:00 AM

Ok, I know it's been a while since this thread has been updated, and I know never responded to thank Ganon or Ridder for their help. I got too frustrated with what I was doing and needed to take a long break... a long one, lol. So please don't shoot me for reviving a "dead" thread.

But I'm back to BFME2/RotWK now and am trying my hand at learning modding once again. And I have another question based on this thread and how to incorporate the -mod command.

The simplest way to revert all changes would be to just re-install. And then make sure you're patched to the latest version. Also, you should look into using -mod command to do your modding. That way you won't be changing the original game files, and you won't have to re-install in the future, if you make a mistake that you're unable to fix.

Here's a tutorial on setting up -mod command. https://www.the3rdag...item-14?addview

You'll need to use a pre-converted INI package with -mod command. Pre-converted just means the INI files are set up a little differently to be able to work with -mod command. Nothing is actually changed or modded in them yet. The first post in this thread describes how you can convert an INI package yourself, but that's not necessary. There are INI packages already converted for you.

Here's a link to a pre-converted INI package. https://www.the3rdag...item-57?addview

Or you could use the one I uploaded a few years ago. The only difference in mine, is that in the original INI files, most units and hordes are just thrown into the same files. And you have to do a lot of scrolling to find what you want. So with mine, I put each unit and horde into its own file. Here's a link to that. https://www.the3rdag...tem-600?addview

And then some advice on using -mod command here. https://www.the3rdag...tem-602?addview

Thanks to Ganon I understand that each item inside the mod has to use the -mod command. I have the pre-converted INI's now and I see that there is "M_" tag at the beginning of every new element. So I understand that part now.

But it looks like there are two parts to getting a -mod command to work. One is the internal tagging of individual elements that we already talked about, but the other has something to do how you tell the game's autorun to actually your mod file. 

On some of the tutorials I read that I'm supposed to make a copy of the game launch icon and edit the properties of the copied launch icon and change "the path" that it connects to. Turns out that this was a little more confusing than I'd hoped.

When I opened the properties for RotWK I saw two options that could have been "path" but neither were labeled that way, one was called "Target" and one was called "Start in" - as you can see in my screenshot attachment. I changed the "Start in" line to reference the location of my pre-converted INI files: "C:\Users\*************\Documents\MyMod\data". The game runs just fine but it doesn't seem to be accepting my changes to any of the INI files saved under the MyMod folder. 

modproperties.png

I noticed in the tutorial linked by Ganon that the examples provided show a longer reference path - see this second attached screenshot.

modcodetutorial.png

So, I'm not sure if I'm referencing my mod correctly for the game to recognize what I want it to do. Would appreciate any advice :)

Thank you!

The Sky is Falling

#51 aleex

aleex
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

modpath.PNG

Don't mind worldbuilder its just as an example   :thumbsuphappy:

Ok, I know it's been a while since this thread has been updated, and I know never responded to thank Ganon or Ridder for their help. I got too frustrated with what I was doing and needed to take a long break... a long one, lol. So please don't shoot me for reviving a "dead" thread.

But I'm back to BFME2/RotWK now and am trying my hand at learning modding once again. And I have another question based on this thread and how to incorporate the -mod command.

Thanks to Ganon I understand that each item inside the mod has to use the -mod command. I have the pre-converted INI's now and I see that there is "M_" tag at the beginning of every new element. So I understand that part now.

But it looks like there are two parts to getting a -mod command to work. One is the internal tagging of individual elements that we already talked about, but the other has something to do how you tell the game's autorun to actually your mod file. 

On some of the tutorials I read that I'm supposed to make a copy of the game launch icon and edit the properties of the copied launch icon and change "the path" that it connects to. Turns out that this was a little more confusing than I'd hoped.

When I opened the properties for RotWK I saw two options that could have been "path" but neither were labeled that way, one was called "Target" and one was called "Start in" - as you can see in my screenshot attachment. I changed the "Start in" line to reference the location of my pre-converted INI files: "C:\Users\*************\Documents\MyMod\data". The game runs just fine but it doesn't seem to be accepting my changes to any of the INI files saved under the MyMod folder. 

attachicon.gifmodproperties.png

I noticed in the tutorial linked by Ganon that the examples provided show a longer reference path - see this second attached screenshot.

attachicon.gifmodcodetutorial.png

So, I'm not sure if I'm referencing my mod correctly for the game to recognize what I want it to do. Would appreciate any advice :)

Thank you!

Edited by aleex, 01 July 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#52 caltair

caltair
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

attachicon.gifmodpath.PNG

Don't mind worldbuilder its just as an example   :thumbsuphappy:

Hey Aleex! You're awesome, thank you for answering :)

I'm not sure if I understand still. Do you mean that in the "Target" line I should leave the original reference link there and simply add the phrase 

-mod "pathhere"

at the end? And that I don't need to do anything to the "Start in" line?

LOL is it really that simple? I don't need to insert any other link or anything?

I assume then that, if that's the case, having that phrase added allows the program to search anywhere for a -mod command?

Thank you!

The Sky is Falling

#53 kames

kames
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

C:\MacroRenamer>java -jar MacroRenamer_1.4.jar M_ old new
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\MacroRenamer>pause
Press any key to continue . . .