#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

Add your general comments/suggestions here if they are not related to any specific topic. I'd like to keep each of the other topics mostly on-topic.

pinned.

#2 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:59 PM

Well for the Nazgul, of course all kinds of mounts(fellbeast and horse), for Burzolog an earthshaker , and some unique powers, like "hero slayer"(a powerful attack with his club, which can kill a hero like Aragorn, and massive damage to heroes like Gandalf, and Galadriel), some kind of troll summon power, for Lozenarja,the leap for surely(he's a snow troll), and an avalanche power, but not that strong like the Angmar avalanche, a "Charge " power , which tramples all units, including Heroes, for Ghundor give the ability to throw rocks, and another power, which is " Hero throw" , this does a massive amount of damage for all heroes(grabs a hero, and throws, him\her away), and a Hill troll summon power. These are just some ideas....(i've added this to Evil heroes topic to:D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:09 PM

Hey fehik,

I've responded in the evil heroes topic, which is a good topic to keep this discussion. I just wanted to keep some of the others (BFME1 revisited guide, maps, and others) from getting the general comments. Oh, and the Mumakil has been fixed. They come with the lancers and they also can be mounted.

#4 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

- Add wolfs and wolfriders along with the wolfs upgrade from Angmar to Wild faction, so the faction is basicly all evil creatures not serving Sauron, like Moria & Gundabad orcs and goblins.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#5 saumya

saumya
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:14 PM

Some Ideas and Suggestions

General-Remve the golden glow in heavy armour
specific armour for every faction
change hero horde from 3 to4 for noldor warriors,dol amroth knight etc

Gondor
New Skins for Soldiers,archers,knights,tower guards
Remove Rohan Spearman
New Building Fiefdoms Mustering Ground
New Units
Gondor Spearman
Gondor Citadel Guard
Gondor Citadel Guard Archer
Dol Amroth Men At Arms
Lossarnoch Axeman
Morthon Vale Bowmen

Rohan
Remove Archery Range
New Building Barracks
New Units
Westfold Footmen
Rohan Spearman
Royal Gurads of Edoras-new tooltip and skins + addition of sitch weapons to bow spear
Spearthrower
Rohirrim Warrior-with swords,axes
Rohirrim Spearman -horse spearman

Elves
rename lindon horse archers to rivendell horse archers
New Units
Lorien Galadhrim warrior
Mirkwood Swordsman
Mirkwood Sentinel(Ranger type Units)
Rivendell Guardians(Elite Spearman)

Dwarves
New Building Dale Barracks
New Units
Dwarven Crossbowmen
Dragon Slayer
Dale Swordsman
Lake Guard
Dale Outrider

Arnor
New units
Same Techtree as Gondor With New Skins for Every Units,no southern fiefdoms units
Arnor Spearman
Arnor Tower Guards
Arnor Citadel Guard
Arnor Citadel Guard Archer

Mordor
remove haradrim palace
remove mumakil pen
new building morgul orc pit
New Units
orc spearman
minas morgul orc warriors
minas morgul orc pikeman
minas morgul orc archers

Isengard
New units
Uruk Scouts

Evil men
New Units
Rhun Spearman
Rhun Swordsman
Rhun Archer
Haradrim Warriors
Haradrim Archers
Khand Warriors
Khand Archers
Corsairs of Umbar
Half trolls of far harad
Haradrim Lancers
Black Serpant Guard
Rhun Kataphract
Wain Rider
Mumakil

Angmar
New Units
Gundabad orc archers

Edited by saumya, 28 April 2007 - 01:21 PM.

#6 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

they kinda takes away the originality of each faction that was there in bfme1by adding all kinds of units to all factions. Basically all factions are pretty much the same then, except for some minor differences in power and heros

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#7 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

they kinda takes away the originality of each faction that was there in bfme1by adding all kinds of units to all factions. Basically all factions are pretty much the same then, except for some minor differences in power and heros

I would have to agree with this. One thing I want to avoid is adding so many units to each side so that they every faction is almost cookie-cutter - 2 horses, 2 pikes, 3 soldiers, 2 arrows, etc. Now that Mordor has cavalry, I actually think it takes a little away from them as a unique faction.

That being said, I also like the idea of having region specific units for the campaign. When fighting in Mirkwood I like having Mirkwood soldiers battling. So I might have some units that are only available in the campaign, but not in skirmish. I'm still debating this idea, but I might do something like this later on after I'm almost done with the campaign.

#8 mumak_king

mumak_king
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

i have hear there was a garrisonale tower for mordor after was it 1.03 patch could you use that for mordor

#9 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

I'm spamming here for all the threads, but I'm so enthusiastic with this mod since Elvenstar Mod II is dead. You should "steal" some ideas from it too :) Now some more ideas:

"Trees - or treelike beings - that could walk and speak. Huorns were powerful, wild, and dangerous. The origin of Huorns is somewhat mysterious. Merry Brandybuck speculated that Huorns were Ents that had become more like trees. Treebeard also spoke of trees that had become Entish, so it is possible that some of these became Huorns as well." - Thain's Book

Would it be possible to add huorns as a weaker versions of ents to entmoot. Huorns to level 1 entmoot, ents to level 2 entmoot and Treebear (with some new abilities) to level 3. Or Summon Huorns as a new elven ring power would work too...

And regarding that, would it be possible to add Old Forest into campaign with Old Man Willow as boss monster fighting with hobbits only?

Were you thinking about adding Grimbeorn and beornings? And how about Druedain and their leader Ghan-buri-Ghan, whose actually aied Rohan during War of the Ring. As summon powers to dwarves and men perhaps?

As for the maps, I'd like to see more underground maps, as I loved them in Warcraft3. How about extended moria (the fellowship wandered in those tunnels days!), Paths of the Dead below Dunharrow with lot of wights and better Cirith Ungol...

Edited by Ergopad, 15 May 2007 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#10 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:23 PM

Is Arnor really needed? I don't think we should have it. Here's my list of ideas, nonetheless:

Skirmish
GENERAL
  • Remove colors. I think every unit should have it's adequate color. Such as Gondor Soldiers with Grey, Lorien Warriors with Light-Orange, Uruk-Hai with Black, Goblins with Brown... etc. With these changes, you might not even need to re-skin.
  • Restore the leadership bonuses to 25% and no experience bonus. Only Éomer's Horse Lord leadership aura should remain 50%, no experience bonuses, and stack with other leaderships. Perhaps Leaderships should also stack? Because it's obvious that 2 leaders are better than 1.
  • Fix a bug that allows certain units (happened with Angmar Thrall Master) to not cancel capturing a structure if the unit is burned. The unit will keep capturing the building, and when the building is theirs, the unit will finally die.
  • Make units deal less damage to buildings. I think buildings should be taken down by siege weapons and not swords.
  • Reduce the command point factor of Orc Laborers from 5 to 1.
  • Reduce the resource-take-down area of resource buildings. Make them able to be built closer to each other without loosing a great resource percentage.
  • Make certain cavalry heroes more resistent to pikemen.
  • Re-map Fangorn, add more of the big trees. I loved BFME 1's Fangorn, in Good missions. The Fangorn of BFME II is so ugly.
Men of the West
  • Add Merry&Pippin as a hero of 2 units. If Rohan gets in Skirmish too, make Merry Rohan's and Pippin Gondor's. Remember to trigger the AI to use them as scouts at first.
  • Re-skin Gondor Soldiers, Gondor Archers, and a few other units, should you deny the first suggestion of General.
  • Increase the power of Éomer's Spear Throw and Éowyn's Smite attacks.
  • Increase Éowyn's attack-speed slightly.
  • Make Gandalf turn White only at lvl 6.
  • Reduce Gandalf's Mount/Dismount Level Requirement from 5 to 4. In BFME II, he had a Gandalf the Grey-mounted version.
  • Increase Gandalf's health. His attack-damage against trolls and other creatures should also be increased slightly.
  • Bowmen of Morthrond should be added yes, able to be trained in a Lvl2 Archery Range.
  • If the last suggestion is implemented, make Ithilien Rangers a Lvl3 Archery Range battalion.
  • If you separate MotW, Gondor will need some pikemen. Perhaps Men of Lossernach will do as pikemen.
  • Increase Aragorn's HP slightly.
Elves
  • Not sure about this myself - add Samwise Gamgee to Elves?
  • Slightly buff Arwen's HP. Buff her attack speed as well.
  • Reduce Arwen's Flood Level Requirement from 10 to 8 or 7.
  • Add an ability to Haldir; Summon Elven Allies, summons a battalion of Elven Warriors.
  • Add a two-hero battalion; Elladan and Elrohir?
  • Add Galadriel and Celeborn to the Elf Heroes. If the ring is caught, and brought to the fortress, Galadriel will be un-trainable. If she already exists, she will stay in-game, but disappear and go back to Lvl1 should the Ring-Hero Galadriel be trained.
  • Reduce the Elves' unit numbers. I suggested this previously. But, of course, remember to greatly boost their power.
    • Lórien Warriors, from 12 to 10. 2 columns of 5 units each.
    • Lórien Archers, from 12 to 10. 2 columns of 5 units each.
    • Mithlond Sentries, from 15 to 8. 2 columns of 4 units each.
    • Mirkwood Archers, from 8 to 6, 2 columns of 3 units each.
    • Noldor Warriors, from 6 to 5, 1 column of 5 units.
    • Rivendell Lancers, from 10 to 8, 2 columns of 4 units each.
    • Lindon Horse Archers, from 10 to 8, 2 columns of 4 units each.
  • Increase Ent's size slightly.
  • Increase Elrond's HP slightly.
  • Add Elven Warriors to the Elven Barracks, as a battalion trained at Lvl2 Elven Barracks.
  • Give Treebeard a Leadership to other Ents. The leadership will increase their speed and armor.
Dwarves
  • Nerf Dwarven Guardians' HP slightly.
  • Re-skin Dwarven Guardians, Phanlaxes and some other units. Or, AT LEAST, re-skin Phanlaxes.
  • Add Balin, Lord of Moria to the Dwarf Heroes.
  • Not sure about this myself - add Frodo Baggins? In books he had some conection with Gimli and Glóin, and Bilbo, who traveled with the other Dwarves to kill Smaug.
  • Add Men of Esgaroth as a unit avaible at the Lvl1 Archery Range. Should this be implemented, make Dwarven Axe Throwers a Lvl2 Archery Range unit.
I'll come up with suggestions for Evil factions after.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 18 May 2007 - 08:17 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:36 PM

I know it's supposed to be a 'base' game, but I'd like to see more freedom in the building. Perhaps give buildings that are built in your base a big boost, but still being able to build outside your base, where the buildings are built (ex. higher costs, longer build times).

#12 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

I also forgot to point to minor mistakes such as Men of Dale being able to use Black Arrows at Lvl 1.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#13 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

ummm, guest, it pretty much is like that.

u still have porters, you can build farms outside, and inside buildings have the added protection of walls

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#14 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:07 PM

I also forgot to point to minor mistakes such as Men of Dale being able to use Black Arrows at Lvl 1.

Thank you,

I will try to ensure this is corrected. There are so many changes between 1.06 and RotWK, so I know I missed some.

#15 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

i was thinkin how kool it wuld b if u re-worked the one ring system. make it so that units culd 'hand off' the ring to say a hero, and u culd tell a hero 2 put the ring on. once he puts the ring on he gets stronger; u culd giv him sauron-lik splash damage/knokbak, increase damage/armor, or increase speed or sumthin lik that. after mayb 1 min, if the ring is still in his possession (and he has been wearing it), then he turns evil. evil of course meaning neutral, but aggressive to all. he wuld act sort of lik gollum, just running around wildly except until he saw a unit, then he wuld attak. u wuld prolly hav 2 disable his building attacks tho so that he dosnt destroy any1. mayb he culd even b partially cloaked, but not completely invisible. then after he is killed, the ring wuld drop and u wuld pik it up and giv it 2 a hero, or bring it bak 2 the fortress or watever u chose, except the fallen hero is no longer buildable. and if he dosnt ever put it on, then everythin stays the same as it is now in the game, except he can still pass it off 2 another hero.

i no this is prolly way 2 ambitious, and im not even sure if its possible, but u gotta admit it wuld b amazing. :p
it wuld add a hol nother aspect 2 the game, as well as a much better feel of the power of the ring. i mean, it makes more sense than the current system.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

I am planning on re-working the whole ring system, but I have not decided on how exactly. I like some of the ideas listed, and yes it would be a large undertaking to do a lot of it. Some I don't think is possible.

In the coming weeks I really want to explore all the possibilities of what can be done with the ring. :p

#17 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:31 PM

very glad 2 hear it!

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 kotsos13

kotsos13

The most powerful of the Eldar

• Project Team
  • 155 posts
  • Projects:Tol Eressëa
  •  Tol Eressea Lead 2d Artist

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

I think Arnor and Gondor must be seperated, e.g. Dunedain Rangers have more armor and damage with Ithilien Rangers Are always stealthed and have the Longshot power.
God does not play dice
"Albert Einstein"

Posted Image

2D Artist

#19 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

I am planning on re-working the whole ring system, but I have not decided on how exactly. I like some of the ideas listed, and yes it would be a large undertaking to do a lot of it. Some I don't think is possible.

In the coming weeks I really want to explore all the possibilities of what can be done with the ring. :p

I personally liked very much the way they made it in Elvenstar Mod, have u tried it? So that everyfaction has ring hero (available from the start), but when you find the ring it unlocks ring hero's Ring Ability? The Ring Ability comes available no matter what level the character is at. And the power should be very powerful!

Mordor: Sauron (always available)
Isengard: Saruman
Goblins: Dragon (?)
Evil Men: One of the blue wizards (?)
Gondor: Gandalf or Denethor
Rohan: Theoden
Elves: Galadriel (always available)
Dwarves: King or Frodo/Bilbo (?)

And it definately should be a destruction power.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#20 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

I feel more for the following:

Mordor: Sauron
Isengard: Saruman of Many Colours
Goblins: The Balrog
Evil Men: One of the blue wizards (?)
Gondor: Gandalf the White
Rohan: Radagast the Brown
Elves: Galadriel
Dwarves: Beorn or Grimbeorn
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users