Photo

Libraries for S.E.E + other new structures!?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:00 PM

Allright, good then Mr Zimoo :) *speaking like Sam* lol
Btw, that "Guardian of the books"? Was that from when I called you that, or has it always been there? :blush: That's such a "on the spot" description of you, hehe

Anyway, back on topic... "Revolutionary" for me as it is (and sort of a breakthrough for me ^, hehe), I now can ad structures into the mod without problems thanks to Robnkarla and Sûl, so tonight I'm gonna start on fiddling with the Isengard tent for Dunlendings. With any luck I'll have them ready for this Beta too =)

But just a word on this... Like Zimoo tought me before, it's pretty much an "insane" work load even for a good modeler to redo all the texture mapping for BFME2 structures when they are imported into 3D programs to be animated, and since we have no modeler, none of these new structures will have any buildup anims - just so you know. They will just "pop up" and have smoke till they're built 100% Okay? =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 May 2007 - 10:02 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#62 Onicrom

Onicrom
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

You've got 3ds max right Nazgul, why dont you just make it so that they rise slowly from the ground like in old fashion strategy games. Unless thats what you meant by "pop up."

I would consider adding walls for all factions and making beasts and ships accurately sized pretty revolutionary because no one to my knowledge has done those things before.

Edited by Onicrom, 15 May 2007 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

#63 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

You've got 3ds max right Nazgul, why dont you just make it so that they rise slowly from the ground like in old fashion strategy games. Unless thats what you meant by "pop up."

Cause I can't use it... I tried, but it's out of my hands. I can do everything except modeling (and related things such as animations off course). :p

I would consider adding walls for all factions and making beasts and ships accurately sized pretty revolutionary because no one to my knowledge has done those things before.

:) So far I think SEE if the of of the few mods that have that yes, but I'm not sure :) Thanks though

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#64 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

not to hard to make build-up anims :p

if you have a bone on the model... which Flame can add :) then it's very easy to make an animation just based on that :) make a skeleton of it (aka, a skel on one bone :) ) and then animate it so it's below ground, way below ground at start, and it's at point zero on the Y axis at frame 100.... Force Reduce the anim ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#65 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

I don't even use bones for it, I just chop the building into pieces then move them up one at a time :sleep:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#66 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:53 PM

But isn't the BIG problem that they can't be imported into any 3D program without loosing their texture, which means they have to be remapped, which in turn means that no modeler realy wants to do them :sleep:

I might have missunderstood Zimoo, but as I thought he said, it was that BFME1 things do get imported ok, but not BFME2 things, and that's why the Rohan stuff have buildupe, but not the BFME2 stuff like the Hobbit House....

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#67 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

Aye that's pretty uch the jist of what I said :sleep:

Edit by Naz: and I'm learning new words in the process... lol //Naz

Edited by Nazgûl, 16 May 2007 - 10:25 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#68 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:26 AM

Suggestions for names:

Mordor: Tower of Sorcery(it looks a great deal like how I've seen Dol Guldur portrayed.)
Isengard: Chamber of Artifacts is pretty cool.
Goblins: What about Fell Pits or Fiery Chasm(I have no idea what the model looks like, I couldn't find it.)

As for healing structures for evil what about a Blood Well or Blood Fountain. You said you had a modeller now (MW I think) so take a normal well, make the horse heads Dragon heads if possible head and color the "water" red and boom, thou art finished. :xcahik_:

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 21 May 2007 - 04:26 AM.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:24 PM

Pretty cool idea with the wells, but in this beta they will have both healing and bonuses from their statues =)

Speaking of that, I will ad to the list that MW could complete the Saruman statue with a rock instead of the "chips"... :p so we can switch to Saruman statue for Isengard in next beta...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#70 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

Lol, a gambling Saruman statue would have been hilarious.

What is the Goblin statue supposed to resemble?

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 21 May 2007 - 03:43 PM.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

I think it's meant to look like Morgol Gargoyle thing
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#72 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

That's correct... it looks like a big Gargoyle. It's quite suitable actually =)

EDIT: Capnastro... I removed your "Yup" post cause it will classify as spam. Sorry buddy, but I like to keep the threads from becoming longer than they have to and a "Yup" don't really qualify as a post :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 22 May 2007 - 12:07 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#73 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:39 PM

That's all right, Clone told me all about it. I'm starting to think though my posts now...lol
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#74 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

Maybe we should have the wells/statues and Fortresshealing upgrades only provide increased health and not a replenishment of the hordes on top of that. Banner Carriers do that already. And this way they would have a more important role. Also, with the kind of money floating around in this mod, buying new units is not really a problem.

Only the healing spell should replenish hordes. The rationale is that the healingspell revives one mortally injured soldier from the battlefield (the place the healing spell is used the most), whereas well-healing is mostly used after troops have retreated from the battlefield, leaving dead or almost dead troopers behind.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#75 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

With the good factions there are 3 buildings there. Which one is the library?

How much will these librarys cost? And will we just buy the power for our hero, or will it work some other way?

Edited by Strider, 24 June 2007 - 04:27 PM.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#76 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

The Librarys will be in Beta V, so they are not added yet. The internal beta have a dummy structure for MotW, but the others are still to be added. They will probably be around $5000 like the other important structures... Golden Hall, Ent Moot, Mûmak Pen...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#77 King Earnur

King Earnur
  • Project Team
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:54 AM

SWEEEEEEEEET :grin: :) I can't wait for the next BETA, all the libraries wil be in riiight?

#78 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:59 AM

Beta V is a looong time away.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#79 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:38 AM

Status: Yes, before anyone else wonders... I'd say Beta V is not until this winter at a minimum. And that is cause I know all the unbeleivable work Sûl put into Beta IV... and I know the insane amout of work I did myself during the first 4 month of SEE, since I started modding the former "Marks Full GamePlay Mod 1.04b". So considering all the things on the ToDo list - this winter is is fastest possible release for Beta V. That's why we are doing our best to make BetaIV v2 as good as humanly possible... but it will NOT contain what this thread is about - the Librarys. They wont be added officially until all of them are done.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#80 GorGorgood

GorGorgood
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:46 AM

*removed quote* /Naz

Sounds spot on with the Libraries!!! Maybe a Loremaster/Librarian upgrade could be added to lessen the cost of heros or do something else, maybe an economy boost of 5% or cheaper buildings by 10% or gives ome mana (spell power) like a Light Tower does.

Just an idea. Sure someone here must have thought of something like this. Maybe make a Loremaster buildable so that he can accompany armies and help recharge spells, plus having some defense capabilities.

Chris

EDIT: No need to quote if the post is right obove your reply :grin: /Naz

Edited by Nazgûl, 24 June 2007 - 07:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users