200 replies to this topic

#81 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

okay,

i've been busy for you already. but i'm not very pleased with the results thusfar.
do you want it like a map or 3d??

edit: it's done. I'm not to pleased with it but it's better than what i had before.
you might want to open up paint or another program to zoom in. With red i've detailed some things.
dammit you guys are going to say i'm noob :D

Very interesting :xd: So there are 8 pillars in the throne room correct? and where are the glittering caves located? Also, do you know where the armory location is? The stables are in unique spot...perhaps I can put something there :xd:

i think the armoury was directly under the..... inner keep bit... as in you go through the gate and up the ramp on the right is an entrance into it

it's right next to the tower. between it is some rock and after that is the armory.
and actually there were no Glittering Caves in The Third age

There were glittering caves in the third age,there is a reason why gimli came back :thumbsupsmiley: ,because he saw the glittering caves during or before the battle of helms deep, why are you adding eowyn, she was NEVER IN THE BATTLE :xcahik_: ,as well... in the screenshots I always keep saying two aragorns and two legolases :crazed: , why are there two of them,is it so the heroes have more abilities??

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#82 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:10 AM

There were glittering caves in the third age,there is a reason why gimli came back :xcahik_: ,because he saw the glittering caves during or before the battle of helms deep, why are you adding eowyn, she was NEVER IN THE BATTLE :crazed: ,as well... in the screenshots I always keep saying two aragorns and two legolases :xd: , why are there two of them,is it so the heroes have more abilities??

I like Eowyn (favorite Lotr character) and it's my mod. :xd: And yes, the female peasants and militia are staying too. :thumbsupsmiley:

As for the two of the same hero, it's nothing to be concerned about. It's just for testing purposes, nothing more. :D

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#83 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

There were glittering caves in the third age,there is a reason why gimli came back :) ,because he saw the glittering caves during or before the battle of helms deep, why are you adding eowyn, she was NEVER IN THE BATTLE :twisted: ,as well... in the screenshots I always keep saying two aragorns and two legolases :evgr: , why are there two of them,is it so the heroes have more abilities??

http://en.wikipedia....l?curid=1118309

And that's all I'm gonna say.
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#84 Masterbadeend

Masterbadeend

Yellow_Pete

• Project Team
  • 797 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD
  •  Mapper @ the RCMOD

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Excuse me if this question has been asked before, but will you modify the archers so they are able to shoot the uruks in one shot, but miss (for example) 80% of the time ;) :p ?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks to MirkwoordArcher for this great signature and the lovely duck.
Posted Image

#85 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

Excuse me if this question has been asked before, but will you modify the archers so they are able to shoot the uruks in one shot, but miss (for example) 80% of the time :blink: :p ?

I don't think I'll do anything that drastic. ;) Archers will have less accuracy (depending on the unit) and their arrows will not act like heat seeking missiles. Don't know how much it will take to kill an uruk. It depends on the archer unit, whether it has an arrow upgrade, and the armor of the uruk. :good:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#86 Masterbadeend

Masterbadeend

Yellow_Pete

• Project Team
  • 797 posts
  •  Mapper @ the RCMOD

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

I'm glad you're still on the case :blink: .I'm really looking forward to your map-mod :good: .
BTW: the uruk-hai, who commanded the other uruks by standing on a little hill and growning something, and after that disappears and never shows up again, is he going to be in your mod :p ?

Edited by Masterbadeend, 21 July 2009 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:02 AM

BTW: the uruk-hai, who commanded the other uruks by standing on a little hill and growning something, and after that disappears and never shows up again, is he going to be in your mod :p ?

Yes. :blink:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#88 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

Is he going to make those awesome sounds? :p
Posted Image

#89 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

I'm sure he will...he should be some kind of mini boss or elite single unit. :p

some of my suggestions : Hama should survive warg-riders ambush..according to the book he defending main gate to the dead, and Erkenbrand should be appear with Rohan reinforcement he is one of character that should not be missing.

Edited by Dant, 22 July 2009 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image

#90 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

well,you know that scene where aragorn and gimli fight the uruk hai on the causway that leads to the gate???, well,it was actually eomer and aragorn,gandalf and someone else arrive with the reinforcements

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#91 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Is he going to make those awesome sounds? ^_^

Yes. :evgr:

some of my suggestions : Hama should survive warg-riders ambush..according to the book he defending main gate to the dead, and Erkenbrand should be appear with Rohan reinforcement he is one of character that should not be missing.

I will not be adding heroes like Hama and Erkenbrand just for the sake of having more heroes. I am aware that the books and movies are different in terms of what heroes were present and such. But in this case, I will be following the movies. :sad2:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#92 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

Yes. :evgr:

I will not be adding heroes like Hama and Erkenbrand just for the sake of having more heroes. I am aware that the books and movies are different in terms of what heroes were present and such. But in this case, I will be following the movies. :sad2:

Too bad. It would be nice to have the book heroes around. But I guess it would be better to stick with just one version, in this case the movie. ;)
Posted Image

#93 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

Yes. ^_^

woot! :sad2:

I will not be adding heroes like Hama and Erkenbrand just for the sake of having more heroes. I am aware that the books and movies are different in terms of what heroes were present and such. But in this case, I will be following the movies. ;)

Well..i personaly think movie design but have some element from the books would be great,i'm sure without books character in it it still great. :evgr:
Posted Image

#94 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

Yes, it'll be good. It's better not to mix the different lore. :evgr:
Posted Image

#95 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:48 AM

Nice updates for this map !!! :grin:

WRT the Aragorn Gimli scene :

You could have the Outer Gate set via scripting so that when it gets to 10% health ,
A cut scene / or a message sends Gimli and Aragorn out through a postern gate to defend it for say 5 mins ...

Remember in the movie they were asked by Theoden to Defend it until the gate was repaired !

They stay outside until the gate is repaired then they come back inside ...

Succesful defending gives the Rohan side a money bonus and some other goodies , like a free volley of arrows
Unsucesful , well Gimli and aragorn dies and the gate is destroyed !!

This could activate like a side objective to the scenario ...

GOOD LUCK WITH THE PROJECT :p

#96 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:27 AM

Indeed, I have something similar to that in mind. :grin:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#97 Masterbadeend

Masterbadeend

Yellow_Pete

• Project Team
  • 797 posts
  •  Mapper @ the RCMOD

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

I really admire your patience and your motivation :) , you have been busy for years (not meant to complain, take your time :w00t: ) and you are still working on it :p .

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

I really admire your patience and your motivation :p , you have been busy for years (not meant to complain, take your time ;) ) and you are still working on it :p .

Glad to see someone understand all the hard work and dedication put in this mod. :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#99 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

I really admire your patience and your motivation ;) , you have been busy for years (not meant to complain, take your time ;) ) and you are still working on it :p .

Glad to see someone understand all the hard work and dedication put in this mod. :p

*Cheer* :p well the mod won't build itself without you motivation and you patience the mod won't get this far..i appreciate all hard-working and exert that you putting to working on this mod..well you should take you time like Masterbadeend said things that too much isn't good. ^_^
Posted Image

#100 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Is he going to make those awesome sounds? :p

I could do those sounds if Rob wants me to.
Wait... what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users