• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  • Projects:No public projects until I finish a mod, I've learned my lesson
  •  Coder

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:02 PM

new forums and website

first off, the website- http://returnofangba...evault.ign.com/

and the forums- http://returnofangba...phpbb/index.php

also, I am looking for a modelling team. I currently have a skinner(lotrfan2) and a coder(me lol) but I would like to get a modeller, and anyone else who could possibly contribute. Any who contribute can also add to the mod with ideas of their own.

The Return of Angband- A mod for Rotwk

The Storyline-

Welcome to the storyline page. First off I would like to say, the storyline to this mod is not completely within the likings of tolkien fans, so I figured I would give that warning, but here it is anyway. I will list in this page, The return of Angband, and the effects it had on the other Factions of middle-earth.

Angband- Gothmog, lord of the balrogs, after the destruction of the ring and death of Sauron's spirit, made the decision to revive Angband, after hearing word that his Lord Morgoth was still alive. Gothmog began reviving the power Angband once posessed, and with that power, Morgoth returned, and with the power of the Valar of whom he had obviously betrayed, revived his valuable lieutenant, Sauron.

The Valar- The Valar was happy to hear of Sauron's defeat and of Men being united under one banner. When they heard of Angband's revival, they did not want the age of peace that the lands of Middle-Earth had finally faced to be destroyed by the power of Angband. The Vala got on Elven Ships, and sailed to the shores of Middle-Earth, to assist in destroying this growing threat.

Men Of The West- when Aragorn, king of men had heard of Angband's return, he immediatley started preparing his armies for attack. Eomer, horse lord of Rohan, did not agree with Aragorn's tactics, but Aragorn continued on. Eomer broke off from the union of Men, and formed his own government to deal with the threat of Angband and Morgoth's armies. Arnor, hearing word of this, also broke off, with Arvudei as their leader. Thus civil war broke out in the Union of men, causing them to break into three branches, fighting civil war and angband at the same time. Gondor, Rohan, and Arnor.

Elves- during the war of the ring, the Elven race was diminishing from the lands of middle earth. When word had reached them that Angband was making a come back, they immediatley gathered their armies, and United to fight them. Glorfindel, Elrond, and Celeborn all gathered a great army of warriors from Lorien, Rivendell, and the Noldor in the lands of the Valar.

Dwarves- The dwarven race had never cared of the wars of men or of the departing of the Elves, but they did not want evil to rise in middle earth again, with them as slaves. The dwarves fought war alone, as they always have, against Angband. King Dain, however, did ask for aid from Men when Angband sieged Erebor, but received no reply as they contacted them at the unfortunate time that Men were breaking once again.

Isengard- When word reached Saruman of the revival of Angband, he did not seek to create Alliance with the dark lord as he once had before with Sauron, but instead he chose not to fight Angband but found it to be an advantage. The other factions would be low on resources with fighting Angband, so Saruman raised an army once again, and chose to crush the factions of Elves, Dwarves, and Men. When Isengard heard word of the valar coming to middle earth, this worried Saruman, so he looked to ally with the Men of the East, as they were neutral in this war, but found no reply.

Mordor- The forces of mordor were crushed after the destruction of their Lord Sauron, but when he was revived by Morgoth, they followed Sauron wherever he would go, and chose to unite with Angband under one banner.

Angmar- after the war of the ring, Angmar had also reformed, with the Witch King as their leader, but choose not to interfere with other factions until their power had reached its full potential once again. When Angband had returned, Angmar seeked an alliance, but because the Witch King did not follow his Lord Sauron, Morgoth saw that has a betrayal, and instead chose Angmar to be the first to be destroyed.

Goblins- Goblins, hearing of their intimidating leader, Gothmog, reviving Angband, chose to join him in his conquest. until this time, no one truly acknowledged the Goblin's full power.

I will also say in the game, Rohan, Arnor, and Gondor will be new factions of good, which will unbalance the faction number between good and evil, but I will say Angband is going to be quite overpowered.Also men of the west will still exist as a faction, these three factions are just being made to follow the storyline. Here is a list of the Individual effects of Angband's return on the three factions.

Gondor- Lord Aragorn led gondor alone now, with Gandalf the white as his advisor. Aragorn was more concerned with fighting Angband then he was reuniting his people. Aragorn and his Nation, Gondor, believed that to win the War of Evil against Angband, they had to raise a great army, and attack immediatley before Morgoth could get back the great power he once had.

Rohan- Lord Eomer led the Armies of Rohan, and balanced himself between reuniting his people and also fighting Angband at the same time. Eomer and his Nation, Rohan, believed to win the War of Evil against Angband, he had to fight, but at the same time attempt to reunite his people, because with the full potential of the men of the West, Morgoth could be defeated more quickly.

Arnor- Lord Arvudei led the armies of Arnor, and believed fully he needed to unite Gondor and Rohan once more, and dispatched only maybe three thousand Arnor soldiers to help fight the war of evil. Arvudei and his Nation, Arnor, believed to win the war of evil, the Men of the West had to once again be reunited, for if they were, they could lead both Elven and Dwarven races in fighting this war, and unite The three races of Men, Elves, and Dwarves under one banner to quickly destroy this threat.

------------------

The Changes-

MOTW
-Increased health and damage to all units
-Increased speed to rohirrim, basic gondor infantry, and dunedain
-Dunedain replace ithilien rangers
-New Hero- Damrod
-Dol amroth Knights horde size increase to 10
-Glorfindel, Haldir, Legolas, and Gimli added to motw heroes.
-More resources from farms

Elves
-Increase Noldor Warriors horde size to 10
-Increased speed to cavalary, basic infantry, and archers
-Aragorn, Gandalf, Eomer, and Gimli added to Elven heroes
-New Hero- Celeborn
-More Resources from Mallorn Trees

Dwarves
-Increased speed to men of dale, dwarven infantry, and battle wagons
-Increase Dwarven Zerkers horde size to 10
-Aragorn, Gandalf, Eomer, and Legolas added to Dwarven heroes
-Increase damage of Zerkers
-More resources from mineshafts

Angmar
-Increased speed to Black Numenorians and rangers
-Mouth of sauron, Khamul, Lurtz, and Sharku added to heroes
-Mini Hero Horde- The undead servants of Arnor
-More resources from lumbermills

Mordor
-Increased speed to haradrim riders, mordor orc warriors, black orcs, and all rangers
-Karsh, 2 black riders, and Lurtz added to heroes
-New Mini Hero Horde- Easterling Swordsmen
-More resources from slaughter houses
-Reskin of haradrim riders and banners (with credit given to whoever made bfme2 deluxe edition, sorry forgot the name)

Goblins
-increased speed to spider riders, goblin infantry, and archers
-Mouth of sauron, Karsh, Lurtz, and 1 black rider added to heroes
-More resources from mine shafts
-Thrall Master added to goblin units
-Minhero Horde size increased to 10 (forgot if they even got one lol

Isengard
-increased speed to warg rider, uruk-hai, and archers
-Mouth of sauron, Karsh, Khamul, and Sharku added to heroes.
-more resources from furnaces
- minhero horde size increased to 10(forgot the name lol)

-Arnor-
-Diverse units, instead of a lesser, basic copy of MOTW, probably will just involve reskinning arnor units and things like that.
-Earnur added to arnor

-Also all the basic balance changes will be added to Arnor.

Create-a-hero-
-Increased health and damage to all create a heroes
-Motw dunedain create-a-hero added
-Able to equip capes on create-a-heroes
-Elven create-a-heroes able to mount.
-Numenorian added to the create-a-hero list
-Black numenorian added to the list
-Goblin create-a-hero added

WOTR
-20 units able to be built in one barracks at a time instead of just 7.
-decreased cost of buildings

More info will be released on this faction when i can research it some more.probably it wont even be worked on until i learn modelling and skinning and stuff, i could probably begin adding it in the ini though

Other
-Command point limit greatly increased
-Command point cost per unit decreased

Most things about the ini in here i have already changed.

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to message me (squallBK) on t3a forums or by email at squallrofl@hotmail.com

--------------------------------

-Angband-

Not much here yet. As the mod advances, more will probably be added here, but here is what is listed so far-

-Units- Reskinned Orcs, trolls, Goblins, and more when i get more info on Angband
-Heroes- Carcharoth, Sauron (obviously a different sauron than the ringhero, that would be overpowered)
Boldog, Gothmog the lord of the balrogs, Glaurung, Ulfang,
-Ring Hero- Morgoth

---------------------------------

-The Valar-

Not much added here, probably more will be added as the mod advances. Here are the ideas for this faction right now-

-Units: The Eldar(vanyar, teleri, and noldor), credit given to lord of the grunts for coming up with the idea for eldar units.
-Heroes: Aulë, Manwë, Ulmo, Oromë, Tulkas, Námo, Irmo, Nienna, Varda
-Ring Hero- Ilúvatar

-----------------------------

vanyar skin, done by Lotrfan2 (not yet fully finished, some modelling also has to be done)-
Posted Image

may not look different, but the hair is different color, and there is armor on the chest. That is why we need modelling eventually for the armor. lotrfan2 said that was the temporary solution. It is also reskinned from an existing ea skin.

Here are a couple models done by black_serenade, they are not yet skinned-
boldog(done by black_serenade and rudgey)-
Posted Image

ulfang(once again, not yet skinned)-

Posted Image
I may be wrong but I beleive black serenade also based this model off an existing model of ea's.

Edited by SquallBK, 02 June 2007 - 06:26 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#2 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

Nice. I like the storyline. I think the valar should consist of Teleri Early game. Noldor mid-late game, and possibly a few Vanyar units for late.

What do you think.

#3 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

I like Tolkien so i would like to point out that Faramir has no connection to Arnor. He is the Lord of Ithilien, living there with his wife Eowyn. But don't be bothered too much by us book-reading naggers. :xcahik_:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#4 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:48 AM

I like Tolkien so i would like to point out that Faramir has no connection to Arnor. He is the Lord of Ithilien, living there with his wife Eowyn. But don't be bothered too much by us book-reading naggers. :xcahik_:

well as I said, tolkien fans may not be impressed with the storyline, but I couldn't think of anyone else to pick lol and I preferred someone from that time but we'll see what happens lol
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#5 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

Personally, your idea of MotW is way off :blush: Faramir was in Ithilien, and Rohan never cancelled their alligance with Gondor ;) (not in Aragorn and Eomer's time anyways) and Arnor is a part of Gondor ;) It's under Gondorian rule, aka, Aragorn :xd:

Also, Saruman is dead, and Gandalf is off shore ^_^ of course, you said the Valar came to ME, so there could be a possibility....

anyways, it doesn't sound all bad, cause it's quite original, but personally I'd like to see it more realistic :p Good luck on it ;)

edit: oh, and that reminds me.... the Ring's destroyed, so it's probably a good idea to change the Ring and Ring-heroes :) Not remove the Ring-heroes, but change the Ring to something else ;)

Edited by Lauri, 11 May 2007 - 12:45 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#6 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

Personally, your idea of MotW is way off :blush: Faramir was in Ithilien, and Rohan never cancelled their alligance with Gondor ;) (not in Aragorn and Eomer's time anyways) and Arnor is a part of Gondor ;) It's under Gondorian rule, aka, Aragorn :xd:

Also, Saruman is dead, and Gandalf is off shore ^_^ of course, you said the Valar came to ME, so there could be a possibility....

anyways, it doesn't sound all bad, cause it's quite original, but personally I'd like to see it more realistic ;) Good luck on it ;)

edit: oh, and that reminds me.... the Ring's destroyed, so it's probably a good idea to change the Ring and Ring-heroes :) Not remove the Ring-heroes, but change the Ring to something else ;)

as i said before, this isn't mean to follow the books of tolkien, and yeah saruman is dead, but so is morgoth :p just trying to make an interesting campaign/storyline lol. but i think I will do something with the ring heroes as you suggested, because the ring has been destroyed so it wouldn't make much sense lol

#7 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

Morgoth's dead? Strange. I could have sworn he was merely banished into the void...guess I should re-read the books :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#8 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

That's plainly mean! :blush: Stop it zimoo, please, or i shall continue gliding kinda offtopic in the same vein! :)

Anyways, i suggest to just get started with your project, SquallBK. Since i don't own RotWK i can't really say that i am anxiously awaiting it, BUT i always like news like updates screenshots. Also, if you run into any problems i might be of assistance...

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#9 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

Morgoth's dead? Strange. I could have sworn he was merely banished into the void...guess I should re-read the books :blush:

either way, thats not the point :) im tryin to say that this mod is not going to be completely within the likings of tolkien fans. atleast im being completely honest.

#10 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:30 PM

Lol yeah, I didn't mean my comment in an angry way. As strange as it may seem I actually prefer mods like this to the 'Tolkien-realistic mods'.

Techtree:

Rohan (BFME1 stuff)
Evil Men (Buildings from Harad/Rhun maps with Suladan and Hasharin)

*snore*

Good luck with it, hope it turns out well for ya :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#11 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:13 AM

Lol yeah, I didn't mean my comment in an angry way. As strange as it may seem I actually prefer mods like this to the 'Tolkien-realistic mods'.

Techtree:

Rohan (BFME1 stuff)
Evil Men (Buildings from Harad/Rhun maps with Suladan and Hasharin)

*snore*

Good luck with it, hope it turns out well for ya ;)

oh i didnt mean anything either but thanks for the luck, might take a while but im pretty sure i'll get this done eventually

#12 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

*chokes* Iluvatar as a Ring Hero? Naah...Iluvatar could WTFPWN Middle-Earth with a fart so I think maybe Manwe or Tulkas (most powerful of Valars apart of Morgoth) could be RH...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

Gherrick- Yes, I know Iluvatar is powerful, but I kind of look at it like this, What if I was to make a mod where gothmog (sauron's lieutenant, not the balrog), were to be the ring hero because Sauron would destroy everyone, how would people feel?

I am open to suggestions, But unless the majority wants it, I think I will keep Iluvatar as a ring hero.

I mean no offense towards you, just so you know lol, I'm just giving my opinion.

But as I have mentioned before, I am making this mod for what the majority of people that play it are going to want. If they don't want Iluvatar, I wont add him.

#14 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

My first question: Is this for ROTWK?

Second question: Maybe you could use Advedui instead of faramir. People were named after great heros their countries' empires.
Example: Aragorn, denethor, boromir, gothmog. Maybe Advedui for Arnor. Eldarion's step son.

Edited by Lord of the Grunts, 16 May 2007 - 12:28 AM.

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

Gherrick- Yes, I know Iluvatar is powerful, but I kind of look at it like this, What if I was to make a mod where gothmog (sauron's lieutenant, not the balrog), were to be the ring hero because Sauron would destroy everyone, how would people feel?

I am open to suggestions, But unless the majority wants it, I think I will keep Iluvatar as a ring hero.

I mean no offense towards you, just so you know lol, I'm just giving my opinion.

But as I have mentioned before, I am making this mod for what the majority of people that play it are going to want. If they don't want Iluvatar, I wont add him.

Techically, Iluvatar cannot be added because he is already in. Everything IS Iluvatar, and Iluvatar IS everything.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#16 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

So Iluvatar is in every mod and even in normal BFME1/2/ROTWK too :sleep:
But anyway I think that this mod has everything quite nicely planned out just waiting to see what actually happens (no offence) :wub:

#17 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

I went to a forum today, and asked if people would like this mod. They said how could all this happen wasn't gothmog destroyed? It was a tolkien forum though.

This is his forum:

http://z4.invisionfr...gband/index.php?

Edited by Lord of the Grunts, 16 May 2007 - 09:50 PM.

#18 MethosTR

MethosTR
  • New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Projects:Twin Peaks (just started), Dagor Dagorath (after Twin Peaks)

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:19 AM

Personally, your idea of MotW is way off :D Faramir was in Ithilien, and Rohan never cancelled their alligance with Gondor ;) (not in Aragorn and Eomer's time anyways) and Arnor is a part of Gondor ;) It's under Gondorian rule, aka, Aragorn :p

Also, Saruman is dead, and Gandalf is off shore :p of course, you said the Valar came to ME, so there could be a possibility....

anyways, it doesn't sound all bad, cause it's quite original, but personally I'd like to see it more realistic :) Good luck on it ;)

edit: oh, and that reminds me.... the Ring's destroyed, so it's probably a good idea to change the Ring and Ring-heroes :p Not remove the Ring-heroes, but change the Ring to something else ;)

as i said before, this isn't mean to follow the books of tolkien, and yeah saruman is dead, but so is morgoth :p just trying to make an interesting campaign/storyline lol. but i think I will do something with the ring heroes as you suggested, because the ring has been destroyed so it wouldn't make much sense lol

I just want to point out one thing. Morgoth is NOT dead. if he were to be dead, what is the reason for Dagor Dagorath. Morgoth would possibly recreate Sauron but if he (Morgoth) was dead, then there would be no significant evil to fight during Dagor Dagorath.

#19 SquallBK

SquallBK

Coder

• Project Team
  • 221 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:33 AM

Methos- I know lol, Zimoo pointed that out too lol

Logt- about gothmog, as I said, not exaclty everything would be within the likings of tolkien fans. Some things (like gothmog, saruman, and other stuff) is not all within Tolkien's readings. Also Yes I think that is a good idea, I will make Arvudei the leader instead of faramir.

edit- also, yes, this is a mod for rotwk. Maybe I should put that on site, forums, and the first post of this topic lol

Makaveli- No offense taken. I have done all the coding things, but now it's just a matter of working on modelling, which im not skilled in, but i'll learn with time.

Matias- I see, well has I said we'll see how everything goes. If the majority wants a different ring hero, then I will change it.

Edited by SquallBK, 17 May 2007 - 12:35 AM.

#20 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

Wow!
your mod will be so good when finished :p Good look and keep with this great ideas :D

Ps:.How do i spell : Arvedui or Arvudei or Advedui? (i think is Arvedui but i don't know if its right)

Thanks and Congratulations
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users