Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:19 AM

We're looking for some interesting, well thought out spellbook powers for Dale, Erebor and Harad. By well thought out I mean that the first person suggesting a "Summon Smaug" power will be summarily executed with no trial :xcahik_:.

Now that that's out of the way... the staff, who are unfortunately not always full of ideas, would appreciate your input. Knock yourselves out :D.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#2 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:45 AM

Erebor could use something simplistic such as a summon from the Iron Hills (they did come to Thorin's aid in The Hobbit after all). Aside the Iron Hills being a minifaction, it would be good to have a summon on top of them. Apart from that, I can't think of anything else at the moment because I'm too lazy. :xcahik_:

Edit: actually (on the topic of summons) Erebor and Dale should be able to summon units from the other faction (Erebor summons units of Dale and vice-versa). From my point of view, this is a must. ^_^ Then again, who am I to dictate the workings of this mod? :D

Edited by Olorin, 18 June 2007 - 09:01 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#3 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

I think a power that improves their resource production is a must, whether it would be like Industry, Fuel the Fires or Iron Ore would be up to the team. Or, knowing the team, something completely different :xcahik_:

I think a kind of "Elven Wood" power would be good. Except, instead of just the texture, maybe it could summon a model (made to look mountainous) that the dwarves can walk over, giving them a slight height/range/vision and armour bonus?

Uber-Massively-Powerful-Earthquake-Of-Doom ... just kidding :D For the final power, what if units or buildings across the map became indestructable for 15 seconds? Or got some kind of map-wide boost?

A Heal power that heals structures, like BfME2 (one of the most useful powers if you're under siege)

A summon Allies spell. I suppose it could be a Rhovanion summoning, Dale or Iron Hills summoning.

Something like "Cloud Break" would probably be needed to make things balanced. "Wind of the Mountains"? ...

#4 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

actually summons didnt work so well expecially if the units are from minifactions. those should be used only for units that arent at the faction at all. something like rohirrim and fiefdom units for gondor :xcahik_:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

Hmm...how about a spellobook power for Dale: Eye of Thrush which give archers and range heroes bonus to damage and range but nerf to attack speed (they must aim carefully so they fire slower) ?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

^^ I don't know; that one sounds more like a unit ability rather than a spellbook power. Just saying this, but when have you ever seen a spellbook power that temporarily decreases unit stats (apart from other mods)?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#7 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

how about Summon Smau....
:xcahik_:

How about a tier 1 power called "The Horn of Erebor". Basicly a warchant for them, but i dont know if there was a horn of Erebor because im not someone who read all the books. Just Lord of the Rings
Posted Image

#8 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

probably shouldnt do that since i am staff but i want to know if you like that idea.

"Deposit" - mid to late game spell - allows construction of mine on selected place (cant be summon anywhere near the castle our outpost) that mine gives more resources than normal one but if enemy destroy it then rather then big treasure is uncover

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

^^ I don't know; that one sounds more like a unit ability rather than a spellbook power. Just saying this, but when have you ever seen a spellbook power that temporarily decreases unit stats (apart from other mods)?

What is wrong with this? Like 5 point power which gives +50% range, +150% damage and -25% attack speed. They will be still more powerful...much more powerful then before.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

How about a power for Harad, called something like "shifting sands". You would cast it on a group of your units, and then cast it somewhere else on the map. Your units would then show up there, in a sandy-vortexy effect area. Perfect for ambushes. It could also work defensively; if a large group of attackers showed up all of a sudden, and you have no one to defend you territory, cast it, and put them somewhere else. You could come up with all sorts of strange tactics. Not sure if it's possible, but eh.

Edited by Alsch, 18 June 2007 - 03:19 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#11 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Dale:

Elven healing
Dale employs the healing skill of the Mirkwood Elves

Lush Valley
A lush green thicket thicket sprouts, similar to Elven Wood

Dwarven Jewels
A passive resource power, boosting resource structures by 3 resources

Rhovanion Alliance
Summons a group of Dwarven Mirkwood Maethor and Dwarven Warriors to aid you.

Elven Bows
Passive: Dale marksman arccuracy is increased by 60%

Cloud Break
Sun Beams break the clouds

Dwarven Masonary
Passive: Dale Strucure health is increased by 55%

Morning Fog
Large radius spell which decreases enemy vision by 100%, Dale units become stealthed

I'll come up with spells for harad and the Dwarves later

Edited by Uruk King, 19 June 2007 - 10:31 AM.

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#12 ZarK32

ZarK32
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:33 PM

well I don't post too much but if the elves have the rhovannion alliance power shouldn't the dwarves and dale have it too? after all it's an alliance of the three kingdoms

#13 Vulcan

Vulcan
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:45 AM

Perhaps a scouting ability using the birds(forget what kind, wanna say raven) for Dwarves.

#14 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:43 AM

A few ideas:

Harad
Bounty: summons a small group of assasins that automaticaly try to kill enemy hereos, assasins have powerful attack but low health

Great charge: (needs a better name) causes all selected units to charge toward an enemy unit or units, all units in the charge have a greatly increased attack and speed, ability ends when all soldiers come to a stop

Erebor
Eagle strike: suummons uncontrolable giant eagles to swoop down on an enemy unit and tear it to pieces

Dwarven craftmenship: permenently increases the attack and defense of all dwarven warriors
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#15 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:06 AM

Dwarves
Moonlight: dispels all other weather effects and cloaks all stationary dwarves?
Dragon Scales: All heroes increases their Def by 30%
Arkenstone Legend: Selected units increase their Dam by 50%
Bombardment: Fires volleys of stone onto an area
Posted Image

#16 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:49 AM

I'd like to point out that the Rhovanion Alliance spellbook power has also been incorporated into the Erebor and Dale factions and Erebor already has a planned final power. Everything else is still very much open to suggestions though.

Oh and some of these ideas [particularly Shifting Sands (reminds me of AoM), Morning Fog, Bounty and Deposit (also reminds me of AoM)] are actually very interesting (in my opinion). Keep them coming. :p

Edited by Bard, 19 June 2007 - 04:59 AM.

Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#17 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:08 AM

Dwarves:

Hearth
a hearth is summoned, dwarven units will heal if nearby.

Horn of the Mountain
Bonuses to targeted troops, as well are resistence to fear.

Deposit
Summons a mine anywhere on the map.

Rhovanion Alliance
Summons a group of Meathor from Mirkwood and Men-at-arms from Dale to aid you.

Dragon Scales
Hero armour is increased by 65%

Light of Durin's Day
Supernormal light which paralyses enemies, and cancels stealth

Stout Hearts
Dwarven units become 100% resistent to fear

The Best Power for the Dwarves is in the hands of RA. :p

Edited by Uruk King, 19 June 2007 - 06:09 AM.

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#18 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:13 AM

Indeed they are.

Don't copy cahik's, Canterbury's or anyone else's power idea(s) please.
Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#19 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:20 AM

The Durin's Day idea is better than my weather idea.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#20 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:24 AM

I personaly don't like shifting sands, too unrealistic for me, but the rest seem cool.

heres one for Harad

Hideout: creates bandit hideout that works like a neutral goblin lair, except the bandits are on your side. the hideout can be placed anywhere on the map and bandits spawn automaticaly.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users